Thiago Translantara

Meitux

He is not a traitor and the club did not treat him badly.

It doesnt have to be clear cut one way or another and no one deserves any 'blame' for the situation.

He was behind three of the best midfielders in the world and got as many minutes as he deserved if not maybe more so.

He wanted to leave and the club probably knew it would come down to he or Cesc going and let it happen.
You can collect time from meaningless matches too,it was mostly about the importance of them,i don't need to remind you that Pep used him and trusted him in some important matches like against Real in the super cup,or Ac Milan in San Siro or again against Real in Camp nou.He left because he felt he wasn't trusted in a season that Xavi was bad and still was used in the most important matches.Even if Thiago got used not so much when he played we saw some very good things.But of course Tito was having the idea of always sticking everything to the same as it was.Not trying make our brightest prospect feel important,and test something new.

And as i have said before many times,Cesc was unneeded the time we got him.Hes a clear attacking midfielder and Iniesta won't lose his spot anytime soon.I don't understand why everybody's considering him as an option for the central midfield spot.There wasn't any room for Fabregas really,it was obvious from the moment he came that he would block Thiago's developement even if central midfield is not his position.I consider Fabregas as an attacking midfielder and im not waiting for the moment he steps up in CM position,but when he will be used as attacking midfielder that he performs really well there.And because Iniesta isn't about to lose his position,Fabregas never really made sense to me judging by in what position we really need a player to step up in the near future..

JamDav1982

You can collect time from meaningless matches too,it was mostly about the importance of them,i don't need to remind you that Pep used him and trusted him in some important matches like against Real in the super cup,or Ac Milan in San Siro or again against Real in Camp nou.He left because he felt he wasn't trusted in a season that Xavi was bad and still was used in the most important matches.Even if Thiago got used not so much when he played we saw some very good things.But of course Tito was having the idea of always sticking everything to the same as it was.Not trying make our brightest prospect feel important,and test something new.

And as i have said before many times,Cesc was unneeded the time we got him.Hes a clear attacking midfielder and Iniesta won't lose his spot anytime soon.I don't understand why everybody's considering him as an option for the central midfield spot.There wasn't any room for Fabregas really,it was obvious from the moment he came that he would block Thiago's developement even if central midfield is not his position.I consider Fabregas as an attacking midfielder and im not waiting for the moment he steps up in CM position,but when he will be used as attacking midfielder that he performs really well there.And because Iniesta isn't about to lose his position,Fabregas never really made sense to me judging by in what position we really need a player to step up in the near future..

I agree with that but dont really think he deserved much more minutes in the big games as Cesc was better than him last season. That and the fact that he never seemed to learn about taking so many risks in midfield. Which with the two attacking full backs was a risk that could not be taken in the big games.

He got about as much playing time as he deserved and that includes the big games.

No one is to blame for that.

coura

Banned

That´s a lie and you know it. Thiago was terrible in the important games last year. And even against medium teams he sucked. It´s not barça´s fault.
He thinks he´s already a great player but he´s not and the bayern games are proving that. The german fans are fed up with him already. lol

Stric

As you've all had the chance to see, repeatedly, I support Thiago wholeheartedly and I back him up on every occasion, but I gotta say, I don't understand why some people are acting as if he was very good for us recently. As far as I remember, Thiago had very few great games last season, and a whole bunch of mediocre/bad games. I'm not denying his talent, I think if his career progresses the way it ideally could, he'll be one of the best midfielders of his generation, if not the best. But in all honesty, this season he hasn't shown much for Barcelona.

Last edited:

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Are you comparing Barca with a company?
Yes, among other things, football nowadays is a business. But football is not just about career and money. And particularly not with Barca. If you don't understand this, then you must be new to this.

I agree that Barca is not at all comparable to a company, but why is the sentimental aspect of it only applicable to the player? If a player is considered "dead weight" to the club, then most people are extremely quick to want him out and couldn't care less citing the reason that "Barca isn't a charity, etc. etc." but if the player is the one who voluntarily decides to leave, they are considered disloyal traitors who only care about themselves and that the club means nothing to them.

Loyalty and sentimental respect shouldn't be a one way street and shouldn't be viewed with blinders that support a predetermined aim in mind. The club was just as much responsible, if not more, for Thiago's departure. I'm not saying that the club in general is bad at handling players, but with Thiago they made several massive blunders and showed a great deal of stubbornness.

And a lot of you who are on that side come too quickly to a conclusion. Wanting more playing time and trust isn't a blackmailing scheme to get whatever he wants without working for it. Making a decision regarding his career does not mean that the club is nothing to him and that he gained no love for Barca despite spending almost all of his footballing career there.

He made a personal choice regarding what he wanted for his future plans. It sucks, we lost a huge talent and a lot of skeptical doubts arose on both sides of the story. But that's life, it's time to move on and stop harboring past bitterness. He'll always be a "what if" case for us, but really venting on him with such intensity isn't justifiable. Of course everyone is allowed to have their own opinions on the matter, but why continuously preach hate with little reason and display glee at his misfortune?

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
He made a personal choice regarding what he wanted for his future plans. It sucks, we lost a huge talent and a lot of skeptical doubts arose on both sides of the story. But that's life, it's time to move on and stop harboring past bitterness. He'll always be a "what if" case for us, but really venting on him with such intensity isn't justifiable. Of course everyone is allowed to have their own opinions on the matter, but why continuously preach hate with little reason and display glee at his misfortune?
Who was it that brought in an unneeded Fabregas here? :pep:
Who was it that brought another German genius, who is most probably better than Thiago, even before he stepped his foot in there at Bayern? :pep:

How come Pep is the one that appreciates him all of a sudden!?

It's a stupid move on Thiago's part to go to Bayern... That glory hunting batsard couldn't look past them being the best team now. If he couldn't force his place into a team that were shattered 7-0 by that very team, how would he be able to gain it there!?
And then that batsard he has the audacity to blame it all on Tito!!

So yeah, the hate is justifiable... The club had the best interests for the kid. First of all he made a blunder and then on top of that he blamed the club that they didn't care for him which is totally atrocious

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Who was it that brought in an unneeded Fabregas here? :pep:
Who was it that brought another German genius, who is most probably better than Thiago, even before he stepped his foot in there at Bayern? :pep:

It's a stupid move on Thiago's part to go to Bayern... That glory hunting batsard couldn't look past them being the best team now. If he couldn't force his place into a team that were shattered 7-0 by that very team, how would he be able to gain it there!?

So yeah, the hate is justifiable... The club had the best interests for the kid. First of all he made a blunder and then on top of that he blamed the club that they didn't care for him which is totally atrocious

It's not just about playing time. Even then, Pep has actually done a lot to include Thiago both at Barca and Bayern despite your supposed point that Cesc/Gotze freeze him out. Granted, he made those transfers, but really what difference does it make as he paid a lot of attention to Thiago regardless of that. Pep as a coach is more personal to Thiago's development and obviously takes bigger interest in him and the two have a great mentor-student relationship. Tito seemed rather distant with Thiago, which isn't the kind of relationship one would want with a coach.

Would Thiago immediately become a starter at Bayern? No. Will it be easier to break into that side than Barca? No. I'm pretty sure the choice to move wasn't simply for that short term of a fix, but for a different reason. Surely you can't be demeaning enough to think that he'd be that stupid to go to Bayern of all clubs for immediate playing time?

He has never said or done anything so vile or cruel that you could call him a "bastard" or "atrocious". Honestly, he has a point. The club didn't show enough care to stop the clause from being activated, or to say anything to stop him from leaving, or even give him simple assurance that as he went along he'd be relied on more.What real evidence is there that Tito and the club were 100% innocent in the matter and to speak against them is blasphemy. Giving a simple guarantee that he'd get more playing time is fully acceptable terms, there was absolutely no reason not to other than the stubborn "club is bigger than any player" rant that benefits no one and is a blind, empty statement with little thought behind the true meaning.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
It's not just about playing time. Even then, Pep has actually done a lot to include Thiago both at Barca and Bayern despite your supposed point that Cesc/Gotze freeze him out. Granted, he made those transfers, but really what difference does it make as he paid a lot of attention to Thiago regardless of that. Pep as a coach is more personal to Thiago's development and obviously takes bigger interest in him and the two have a great mentor-student relationship. Tito seemed rather distant with Thiago, which isn't the kind of relationship one would want with a coach.

Would Thiago immediately become a starter at Bayern? No. Will it be easier to break into that side than Barca? No. I'm pretty sure the choice to move wasn't simply for that short term of a fix, but for a different reason. Surely you can't be demeaning enough to think that he'd be that stupid to go to Bayern of all clubs for immediate playing time?

He has never said or done anything so vile or cruel that you could call him a "bastard" or "atrocious". Honestly, he has a point. The club didn't show enough care to stop the clause from being activated, or to say anything to stop him from leaving, or even give him simple assurance that as he went along he'd be relied on more.What real evidence is there that Tito and the club were 100% innocent in the matter and to speak against them is blasphemy. Giving a simple guarantee that he'd get more playing time is fully acceptable terms, there was absolutely no reason not to other than the stubborn "club is bigger than any player" rant that benefits no one and is a blind, empty statement with little thought behind the true meaning.
The fact that the club agreed for that stupid clause means that they believed in him... They did always reiterate that he was the future of the team, that they were having huge expectations on him and stuff like that. But he wanted more, he wanted an assurance of immediate playing time! He talked about his WC dreams too!!
If he wasn't expecting immediate playing time at Bayern and that he would like to gradually earn a spot there, doesn't that mean he was lying in our faces!? He would surely have got that here at Barca too... Even his NT manager announced that he would prefer him to stay with Barca! If Tito really fcuked him up so bad, why would VDB even bother to make that statement!?

He was close to finishing off the minimum minutes even though he was out fat injured for a shit load of time... What does that tell you!? That they didn't care about him?
I agree that they could have played him in the last two or three matches to reach the threshold... But has it ever occured to you that they probably didn't do it wantedly in order to test his commitment to the club? I will surely not blame them for feeling the need to test him as the kid posed all those tantrums every now and then!!

I will tell you why I said it's a good riddance... He would surely feel "unappreciated" every other summer anyway. At least we only had to sell a half baked cookie, in future it would have been a hell of a lot more ready one, and it would have been too damn tough to get on with the incident of losing it!!

Last edited:

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
The fact that the club agreed for that stupid clause means that they believed in him... They did always reiterate that he was the future of the team, that they were having huge expectations on him and stuff like that. But he wanted more, he wanted an assurance of immediate playing time! He talked about his WC dreams too!!
If he wasn't expecting immediate playing time at Bayern and that he would like to gradually earn a spot there, doesn't that mean he was lying in our faces!? He would surely have got that here at Barca too... Even his NT manager announced that he would prefer him to stay with Barca! If Tito really fcuked him up so bad, why would VDB even bother to make that statement!?

He was close to finishing off the minimum minutes even though he was out fat injured for a shit load of time... What does that tell you!? That they didn't care about him?
I agree that they could have played him in the last two or three matches to reach the threshold... But has it ever occured to you that they probably didn't do it wantedly in order to test his commitment to the club? I will surely not blame them for feeling the need to test him as the kid posed all those tantrums every now and then!!

I will tell you why I said it's a good riddance... He would surely feel "unappreciated" every other summer anyway. At least we only had to sell a half baked cookie, in future it would have been a hell of a lot more ready one, and it would have been too damn tough to get on with the incident of losing it!!

That whole "testing his commitment" thing is completely stupid, they wouldn't take a risk like that and if they did they wouldn't pile on top of it more by making indifferent statements to him or leaving the door open for him to walk out. Do you really expect any player to act too differently in the same circumstances? Even Xavi, a poster-boy for Barca loyalty, was very close to leaving in interests of his own career, which believe it or not is a big priority to any player. You're asking for unquestionable loyalty despite any treatment, which is very unreasonable.

The quick move to Bayern was not to gain more immediate playing time, really the situations would've been the same for 13/14 season at both clubs (at the time when Tito was here and not Martino). Working under Pep was a priority for him when the opportunity arose, even more so than the WC or immediate playing time which would've been most likely had he made a move to United. That itself is a personal decision, easily long term based and meant to establish himself early under his preferred coach. He would've gotten that at Barca, but with the option of long term under Tito or long term under Pep it's kind of obvious that he'd pick the latter out of personal relations.

You throw out words like "blackmail", "spoiled brat", or "tantrums" but that clearly shows you've formed a predetermined image of him. Players need appreciation for their abilities to know that coaches recognize how much effort they put in and that they aren't just wasting their time, don't act like that's some sort of whiny attention-whore sort of request. Tito showed him very little trust for the past season and the next, the club went silent on him during his uncertainty, yet Pep came out and actually showed how much he'd value Thiago as a transfer. He held his own in la liga playing next to seasoned greats like Xavi and Iniesta, he completely dominated in the u21 tournament compared to other young starlets, and he was eager to give more to the team and help out more as Xavi ages. If they couldn't recognize all the benefits he gave, then why blame him for taking a way out?

It wasn't the most die-hard club loyal move in the world. He's not showing the same sort of patience as Montoya, Roberto, and the others. But you know what, it's very different circumstances as well. Instead of hating Thiago for not being the most patient of players, why not more productively spend your time praising those who are? All I'm getting right now from you is a lot of butthurt and bitterness, really looking hard and deep (with more than a fair share of conspiracy theories) to find reasons to condemn him.

Maria

Are you comparing Barca with a company?
Yes, among other things, football nowadays is a business. But football is not just about career and money. And particularly not with Barca. If you don't understand this, then you must be new to this.

Football is about career and money and particularly with Barca, the club that pays 210M euros per year in salaries(the most from all football clubs) but can't afford to keep Abidal for 2M euros after they promised him a new contract and spent a year talking about values and 'mes que un club'..the same club that changed Unicef with Qatar Airways for money and said that Barca has the same values as QA. The club that had 2 of it's captains blackmailling it for money and that pays 40M euros to the father of a player so they can attract him to Barca. But if you preffer believing that we would still retain Messi or Iniesta or buy Cesc if we would pay them as much as BVB pays their players(68M euros per year), not that you're new to this, but I envy your trust in people.

Don't want to burst your bubble here, but Rummenige himself said that Thiago was Pep's 'only request' that they could furfill(Neymar being the other one). Gotze had more to do with the fact that Bayern couldn't stand to see Germany's most promising player at Dortmund than with Pep wanting him.

If you are right, I don't understand why you're spending so much of your energy insulting someone that you know is going to fail. All you have to do is wait and watch him do it. I'm sure it will be more satisfying and rewarding for you than calling him bastard on a forum.

The fact that the club agreed for that stupid clause means that they believed in him... They did always reiterate that he was the future of the team, that they were having huge expectations on him and stuff like that.
They also said that they got 25M euros for someone that wasn't even a starter or that Abidal will have a new contract after he plays one game or that they never made a deal with the Boixos Nois.

Even his NT manager announced that he would prefer him to stay with Barca! If Tito really fcuked him up so bad, why would VDB even bother to make that statement!?
Can't believe you are even asking this question :lol:. Del Bosque didn't even knew that Bayern existed until this year..last year he even preffered to call Javi Garcia or some player from Atletico who's name I forgot instead of Javi Martinez.

So they did that on purpose, to test the loyalty of someone in which, according to you, they believed. Makes sense.

True..plus we still have a fully baked cookie in Cesc for when Xavi's knee problems will reappear in January.

A club that has the best interest at heart for this bastard wouldn't have lied about his clause in the first place and wouldn't have played him like this:
01/06 2013 Barcelona H- Malaga La Liga W 4-1 On 54 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
26/05 2013 Barcelona A- Espanyol La Liga W 0-2 Started 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
19/05 2013 Barcelona H- Valladolid La Liga W 2-1 On 63 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0
12/05 2013 Barcelona A- Atletico La Liga W 1-2 Unused Substitute
05/05 2013 Barcelona H- Betis La Liga W 4-2 On 78 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
after the league was won and he need it to play just another game for 60' so that clause would go back to 90M euros. So you can call him glory hunting bastard or whatever you like, but what you can't do is say that the club had his best interest at heart or that is atrocious for him to believe that they didn't care about him. If it would have been true, the club would have protected it's asset, but instead they chose to give 20M euros for reaching 100pts in the league and then boasting about selling a reserve for 25M euros.

So if you want to see it like a soap-opera where Thiago is the villain and the club is the good girl that was cheated, you're free to do it..but the truth is that after watching this movie, the only ones that should feel cheated are the fans who have been lied and manipulated from the beginning. The club is happy with the money that will finally help them buy the CB that they wanted(that is unless other mean clubs don't want to sell) and Thiago is finding out that there can be worse places for him than Barcelona.

Last edited:

Stric

what? sorry- but don't know these details. What captains blackmailed and who was the father they paid 40 mil to?

This is a reference to the Neymar transfer. Allegedly 40 million out of the total 57 million transfer fee was paid to Neymar personally, or as some claim, to his father.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Don't want to burst your bubble here, but Rummenige himself said that Thiago was Pep's 'only request' that they could furfill(Neymar being the other one). Gotze had more to do with the fact that Bayern couldn't stand to see Germany's most promising player at Dortmund than with Pep wanting him.
There's a very good chance Pep felt he needed a pupil from his old school to teach some discipline to the superstars at his new club that won it all... I would give you an example to explain his thinking, the pic that shows him slapping Thiago in their match gainst BvB! It is human philosophy to think so!! People often take their pupils from old school to their new work places to establish their authority!!

Apart from that, I also felt Pep might have signed Cesc in the first place so he could steal Thiago in the future... To his new club. Mind you he was plying his move to the very club he is now, along with Thiago, around the same time.

If you are right, I don't understand why you're spending so much of your energy insulting someone that you know is going to fail. All you have to do is wait and watch him do it. I'm sure it will be more satisfying and rewarding for you than calling him bastard on a forum.
I don't have much to do anyway

So if you want to see it like a soap-opera where Thiago is the villain and the club is the good girl that was cheated, you're free to do it..but the truth is that after watching this movie, the only ones that should feel cheated are the fans who have been lied and manipulated from the beginning. The club is happy with the money that will finally help them buy the CB that they wanted(that is unless other mean clubs don't want to sell) and Thiago is finding out that there can be worse places for him than Barcelona.
I am not saying that the club was like a good girl who was betrayed by Thiago... They have their fair share of stupidity and ruthlessness attached to them. But I am mad at Thiago not because he made a hasty move or he betrayed the club. It's because he betrayed the fans, he fcuking lied on their faces and then had the audacity to blame the club and the manager for his stupidity.

Him and his father have been lying through out the summer... fat bastards!! I won't believe them for one minute when they say Tito or the club didn't treat them well

I will give you an example again... His father announces that his son was close to signing with Utd until Pep came and grabbed him over to Bayern. And the very next day his son announces that Utd was never in contact!!
It was either Pep and Thiago been planning this stupid stuff for a long time or Thiago just hopped aboard the latest shining ship and he is nothing but a glory hunter!!

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans