Thiago Translantara

Xavi_78

I love Thiago to death but he must be careful. The Eto'o as well as the Ibra case have shown that Pep has a ruthless streak if he fears somebody might disrupt the dressing room and team harmony. So just stay below the radar a little bit, Thiago.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Don't worry about that. Like the first teamers behave like a family, so do the B team players. Remember Thiago's celebration when he scored is first goal? He dedicated that to JDS. A self-centered one doesn't do that

Perhaps but I didn't mean necessarily that he's just self centered but rather that he does things without thinking

jamrock

Shouldn't have come out and taken back his state, the only thing that was wrong with it was the i want to be remember part.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Perhaps but I didn't mean necessarily that he's just self centered but rather that he does things without thinking

The general idea that people got from yesterday's statement is that he is self-centered :p

Shouldn't have come out and taken back his state, the only thing that was wrong with it was the i want to be remember part.

yeah, 'I want to be remembered' is where he sounded CR7 :p
But I think he did well taking them back. Now he is a good boy, one who couldn't handle a question that's all. But he actually made his feelings clear

Last edited:

Mander

What's so wrong about wanting to be remembered? That doesn't mean you're gonna screw over anyone in your way, it just means you want to be a great player - and get remembered for it. I'd be far more worried if he wanted to be anonymous.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper

you think so?

you're happy with a La Masia graduate saying they don't want to be a legend in Barcelona, but a legend in football?

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
Just keep him away from the mics, this isn't helping anyone. Clearly too nonchalant (or just too stupid?) to deal with it at this point.

Barcafan 2304

Yeah, nice to see that clarification. Hopefully, the events of the past couple of weeks will see Thiago adopt a more measured approach in talking to the media

iookram

Thiago: "I want to rectify yesterday's statements, I didn't choose the right words." [rac1]
Thiago: "Barça is my home, here I grew up, here I want to triumph. That's my dream. I didn't want to upset the fans." [rac1]

I hope so. those were not the most intelligent choice of words anyway.

:thumbsup2:

Good one Thiago.

Aasim

Bumbleman
Just keep him away from the mics, this isn't helping anyone. Clearly too nonchalant (or just too stupid?) to deal with it at this point.

I agree with this. He needs to be careful with what he says because people will think that ambiguity exists between words that are meant to be as they are said..

He wants to be successful at Barca imo and if Barca don't play him enough, then he will want to become successful elsewhere.

jamrock

you think so?

you're happy with a La Masia graduate saying they don't want to be a legend in Barcelona, but a legend in football?

Yeah, is refreshing to hear someone speaks whats on there mind for 1 and he said success right?, if so i have no problem with that, he isn't going to give his all to barca if they aren't going to give their all for him, a professional mind set is what he has.

I don't mind a la masia graduate leaveing the club, its the manner in which they leave that i have a problem with, at least with him he will leave out the front door if anything.

zanela

now, neither T-Bone or Cesc is the model of loyalty, but it's clear Cesc has more love for this club than Thiago does.

Your definition of love and loyalty is flawed. While your Anti-Thiago drive (which 'll resume at your convenience in future) will garner no support. Not here.

Why would he demand to leave barca if we should ever hit hard times?., Seriously Meta, you know better than to write that, he would demand to leave because he had left the club already when it was in hard times and his looking to leave his current club when they have fallen on hard times.

See a pattern. I Do.

he is simply doing something cesc has never had the spine to do in his entire footballing career, speak whats really on his mean, he is more of a man that cesc had every been and he 4 years his junior, i would rather to put the keys to the midfield in a Man that a coward thats for sure.

Because Xavi,Iniesta or Busquets Aint like that, Humble that are, but men they are as well

Sums up my sentiments.

Now coming to the matter of football...I can't stop watching his Xavi-esque pass @ 1:55. This from his match vs croatia end of last year. :)
[YOUTUBE]mKD-QqQWuWM[/YOUTUBE]

impeh

Hi, its me..
Thiago: "I'm very grateful to Barça because they believed in me and for all I have lived since arriving here when I was 14 years old"
Thiago: "I want to stay. If the club doesn't tell me to go, I don't plan to leave. Playing at Barça is the highest.
Thiago: "What if Cesc joins? The more good players, the better for the club. I'm ready to compete and to work hard to have minutes."

i guess he didnt say the other stuff o_O

USWAY

Thiago: "I'm very grateful to Barça because they believed in me and for all I have lived since arriving here when I was 14 years old"
Thiago: "I want to stay. If the club doesn't tell me to go, I don't plan to leave. Playing at Barça is the highest.
Thiago: "What if Cesc joins? The more good players, the better for the club. I'm ready to compete and to work hard to have minutes."

i guess he didnt say the other stuff o_O
Hmmmm.....

Yeah, is refreshing to hear someone speaks whats on there mind for 1 and he said success right?, if so i have no problem with that, he isn't going to give his all to barca if they aren't going to give their all for him, a professional mind set is what he has.

I don't mind a la masia graduate leaveing the club, its the manner in which they leave that i have a problem with, at least with him he will leave out the front door if anything.
I think the problem is, some believe that there is only two kinds of players self-centered like C. Ronaldo, and extraordinarily gracious and unselfish like Messi or Xavi. It's not just black and white, there is a gray. Just because Thiago says something like that doesn't mean he's the next Ronaldo and just because another player speaks as if they've had 10 servings of humble pie
doesn't mean they're the next Messi. A player can have individual ambitions, and still be loyal and grateful towards their club.

Home of Barca Fans