Thierry Henry

barca96

now im certain that henry should be rested before the arsenal match and then play cf against arsenal.
although i prefer we put ibra for his power, but we need speed and goals.

Caps

I don;t want him playing in the match at all.

1. I don;t think he's right for waht we need agaisnt aresnal. for this game, i think id prefer pedro. though if ibra not play based on his form, i would play henry. based on current form id play henry over ibra, but i really wouldnt play them both.
2. hes a great professional, but his loyalty to arsenal my affect things (unintentioanlly)
3. the circus around it could distract
4. hes improving but still dotn think he has been performing well enough for a long enough period for inclusing him not to be risk.

iwatched interview were he said something like "I am in pain. I will be professional, but I am really in pain. i do not want to play against arsenal." i respect henry for this, and trust him to try and play professionally, but if i were pep, id play him maybe at nou camp, not at arsenal.

Caps

Yes, that is what i meaning. thank you. not just the motivation-- but based on form, i still dont think he is quite ready yet for big game anyway.

desoe

If Henry plays bad against Arsenal I don't think that his attitude or motivation would be the problem. He looks like good enough professional to me to handle this "gooner thing" in him, if it happens it will be because of his poor form and physical condition as always.

It's scary to me to even think that someone could not be fully motivated during CL 1/4-finals, even against his former club.

M

Messialdo23

Henry playing for us in the Arsenal game I dont think is an option.....he's professionalism is not there and it is a shame as I would have prefered his usefulness and willing to interchange than Ibra's ineptness to conform to the Barca way......below is a link to him stating he 'doesnt want to play against Arsenal'....now this I dont understand, your being paid by a club, handsomly might I add, your 32 and still gettin a little run of games, you have NEVER WON a champions leauge, you come to us an we give you one....a TREBLE! for goodness sake....I think you OWE us as much as you owe Arsenal!

Look at Beckham for example, ok he had a point to prove in regards to going to the World Cup....but he came on against Man U at Old Trafford and he was arguably the best performer of the night! Yes he was emotional, an yes he still has great affinity towards the club, but he was a model professional and PLAYED the game.....to me Henry you dissappointed!!

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11833_6046623,00.html

:sad::sad::sad::sad:

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
I wouldn't make much out of what Thierry says, tbh...He's a professional at the end of the day...Plus, a legend like that for a club like Arsenal will want to maintain the appearance of undying loyalty...He'll go at it much like Cesc will with Barca, win

M

Messialdo23

Hmmmm im not too sure FCBarca, theres undying loyalty and theres foolishness....he was SOLD by Wenger! If they loved him soo much why sell him? Gary Neville will be at Man U for life, Scholes, Giggs......he didnt have to be sold! Cesc was STOLEN! I just feel a bit betrayed by him.....its all over skysports news now!

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Hmmmm im not too sure FCBarca, theres undying loyalty and theres foolishness....he was SOLD by Wenger! If they loved him soo much why sell him? Gary Neville will be at Man U for life, Scholes, Giggs......he didnt have to be sold! Cesc was STOLEN! I just feel a bit betrayed by him.....its all over skysports news now!

British press, means little, IMHO

It's a nonstory...You'll see

Caps

^ like man utd v milan at milan. the circus was at old trafford- but at milan you forgot about beckham v utd. it wasnt a big deal. not what you were focusing on.

barca96

henry can score as much as he wants against arsenal, just don't celebrate it is good enough for the arsenal supporters.

desoe

"I don't want to play against Arsenal" and "I won't play against Arsenal" are two completely different things. How I said, if it happens that Henry is crap against Arsenal, it would be because he's usually crap this season. Not because of something else.

But it's pretty obvious that the medias love these "former player, former club" things. Same was with Kaka and Milan. They will always talk about it, because it attracts people's attention.

R

rhenium25

arsenal love him thats why he was sold, sometimes you gotta do what is more beneficial for each other, and cesc wasnt stolen, he went to arsenal as his place in barca is uncertain as greater players were there

Home of Barca Fans