Thierry Henry

F

FCB_Titi_LB

He shouldnt have said it.

But understand this:
what he did in Arsenal made him a legend in Europe/World but most of all over there.
Playing with Messi and co nowadays...no way he will receive the same godlike status in our or any other club.
He was adored as a living legend in Arsenal. In Barca we hail him when he works hard or wins us matches but its not the same. And Messi overshadows every other player.
What if he scores against Arsenal and shows his enjoyment? What is left for him? He cant put his legendary Arsenal status on stake.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Bookmaker to ignore Henry contributions to World Cup

Monday, March 22, 2010 - 01:18 PM

A bookmaker is to give punters a hand by ignoring Thierry Henry’s contributions on the pitch in the 2010 World Cup, it has emerged.

After the controversial ‘Hand of Henry’ denied Ireland the chance to go to the World Cup finals, one betting firm, whose European managing director is Irish, has decided to take revenge.

Bodog.com has decided to remove Thierry Henry’s involvement from all World Cup bets after its Europe MD, Keith McDonnell, felt he could not enjoy the tournament with the Frenchman still playing a part.

For any French game in which Henry plays, punters can now place a bet safe in the knowledge that his goals will not count against them.

For example, if a customer backs a draw in a France game and Henry scores, making them 1-0 winners, he will still get paid.

This also applies to a first goalscorer and each-way markets too. So, if a punter backs a player to be the highest scorer throughout the tournament and the customer's selection comes fourth, one below Henry, he would be paid as if he came third.

However, if a person places a bet for France to win, all of Henry's goals will still be counted.

"I want to enjoy the World Cup and the only way I can do that is if Thierry Henry is no longer part of it," said McDonnell.

"He has already ruined my World Cup and I want to make sure he can do no more damage."

Read more: http://www.irishexaminer.com/breaki...utions-to-world-cup-450946.html#ixzz0j4XOTzXd

We expect him to play and try his best. He's moved on, we've moved on. It would be very hard to take him scoring against us but we wouldnt hate him.

Maybe he would do the same as Rui Costa who cried after scoring against Benfica.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHT6THQMmNk&feature=related (Bad quality)

Rui Costa also supposedly cried after being transferred from Fiorentina to Milan...maybe the man is just sensitive. :lol:

Last edited:

barca96

man..those irish are dead serious about this.
haha rui costa should become a crooner. il divo or iglesias style would suit him

A

AFC4LIFE

Well if Henry loves Arsenal so much, why did he want to leave for us? Bergkamp loved Arsenal and he showed that by retiring there

He wanted a CL title, which he got here..

Not the only reason. David Dein's departure, the transition into a new stadium, the loss of Vieria & Pires, the possibility of Wenger leaving, and Wenger's refusal to splash out on big star players were the other reasons why Henry wanted to go. Thierry was injured, ready to divorce his wife, and declining as a player before he left, anyway. It was just the end of an era - the squad was young, he wanted the CL medal before he retired and it was time for a new challenge.

jairzinho

I wonder if Pep's had it with Titi ? he didn't even make the bench at Mallorca. or is this just mind games before match on wednesday.

samg85

I wonder if Pep's had it with Titi ? he didn't even make the bench at Mallorca. or is this just mind games before match on wednesday.

It seems that way. I mean, he started Jeffren. C'mon, even an out of form Henry is better than Jeffren.

Galning

My commentator said Henry was sick. But I don't think we have to believe that though, I bet he's peeing his pants for playing against Arsenal this wednesday.

R

robinbankel

Henry is still fastest in the open areas in barca...not getting the pass when he wants the long ball pacifies his play...Ibra on the left and Henry in the middle, could be something..or sell Henry...both ibra and henry would be more suitable for real , unfortunately =(

M

Manny

Henry to NY

"Ante su inminente salida del Barcelona al término de esta temporada, el delantero francés Thierry Henry podría llegar a la Major League Soccer (MLS) y vestir la playera de los Red Bulls de Nueva York, que también pretenden al español Raúl González.

Según el diario local "News of the World", el artillero galo tiene decidido jugar en el balompié de Estados Unidos, cuando culmine la Temporada 2009-10, de la Liga de España.

Aunque "Tití" cuenta con ofertas de diversos clubes de Inglaterra para regresar a la Liga Premier, el jugador tiene decidido irse a Nueva York, con el club que pretende formar un conjunto de estrellas encabezadas por Raúl, del Real Madrid.

Por otra parte, el francés quien viaja de manera frecuente a Estados Unidos, para visitar a sus amigos, algunos jugadores de la NBA, regresará el miércoles a Inglaterra para medirse a su ex equipo, el Arsenal, en la ida de los Cuartos de Final de la Champions. "

M

Manny

"With his imminent departure of Barcelona at the end of this season, the French striker Thierry Henry could reach the Major League Soccer (MLS) and wear the shirt of the New York Red Bulls, which also aim to Spanish Raul Gonzalez.

According to local newspaper the News of the World ", the Gallic striker has decided to play football in the United States, upon completion the 2009-10 season, the League of Spain.

Although "Titi" has offers from various clubs in England to return to the Premiership, the player has decided to go to New York with the club that aims to train a group of stars led by Raul, Real Madrid.

Moreover, the Frenchman who travels frequently to the United States to visit his friends, some NBA players, will return to England on Wednesday against his former team, Arsenal, in the first leg of the Quarter-Finals of Champions. "

Home of Barca Fans