Thomas Muller

Indignado

I'm sorry but I can't remember one situation where one of our players did that. Yes, they dive (just about as often as any other team), put pressure on the referee, but something like this? This is just unfair and normal players would just shut up if they get away with it, making fun of that after the game and after such a win is just plain disgraceful and shows his character really.

Daemul

previously known as Jonathan28
Yes sometimes footballers get dirty, But bragging about is a different thing.

To his fellow team mate yes, there's a difference. Muller did not run up to the camera and start doing that, if the camera hadn't been on him it would never have been known about. Unless your saying Muller should have waited until he got into the dressing room and away from camera's to do that.

The fact that he did it make him a cynical basterd, but for someone like you, that is acceptable and i can understand you,even if I don't agree. But the fact that he is bragging about it, while he is still on the pitch, makes him a complete asshole...

Again, should he have waited until he was in the dressing room then? I don't see why he should be thinking, "Oh no, there may be camera's on me, I shouldn't do this otherwise I will upset people on internet forums who would never find out I did if a camera is not on me". People are so damn sensitive these days.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
I personally don't think he should do it or brag about it at all, but I guess you and I have different moral standards. Cheers. :)

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
It's like making jokes about an offside goal or diving to win a penalty/get someone sent off. It's unsportsmanlike behaviour and maybe a bit of a dickhead move but nothing to be outraged about.

ViscaBarca914

BLASPHEMY!
you-mad-bro.jpg

Daemul

It does remind me of back in my High School football days where after a team mate of mine had won us two penalties that season, both with dives, 3 of us, including the diving team mate, came up with the idea that if he won a 3rd penalty from a dive that season, as a goal celebration all 3 of us would all do a dive on the grass and slide on our stomachs one after another. He did eventually dive again and win us another penalty and we did do the celebration, which was awesome. Looking back we kind of got away with it, the team we were facing were known for getting stuck in, but luckily they never caught on to what we were doing.

Even if they had caught on and purposefully injured us, it still would have been worth it. :lol:

Daemul

It's like making jokes about an offside goal or diving to win a penalty/get someone sent off. It's unsportsmanlike behaviour and maybe a bit of a dickhead move but nothing to be outraged about.

Damn, I wish I had read this post properly, then I wouldn't have written the story where 3 of us did exactly this :lol: :facepalm:

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
Damn, I wish I had read this post properly, then I wouldn't have written the story where 3 of us did exactly this :lol: :facepalm:

Well there's a difference in doing it in a friendly/unimportant game and one where there's a lot at stake too. Bit of a dick move though :p

Daemul

Well there's a difference in doing it in a friendly/unimportant game and one where there's a lot at stake too. Bit of a dick move though :p

It was a league game late in the season when we had already won the league, so I guess it was unimportant. :D

Garrus

To his fellow team mate yes, there's a difference. Muller did not run up to the camera and start doing that, if the camera hadn't been on him it would never have been known about. Unless your saying Muller should have waited until he got into the dressing room and away from camera's to do that.
But the camera was on him, And i did know, And it showed that he's actually an ***hole, And i have a general rule in life.
I don't like ***holes.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
There's no need to quote bigotry. Comment was deleted and user got a warning. Next time, please report such posts.
Thanx.

ViscaBarca914

BLASPHEMY!
It's ridiculous to lable him anything besides a hard competitor in regards to that incident. How many of us wouldn't have done that? You play the game to win. Not to be the nicest guy on the pitch. Yeah it was a dickish move but totally understandable and I would have loved it if we got away with something like that lol. Get over it. Was it a foul? Yeah. You think he would think twice about doing it again? Nope. It's football. It happens. If Messi pulled a move like that and got us an important goal we would worship him and see it for the scrappy intelligent move it was.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
I certainly wouldn't worship Messi for that, he'd lose a bunch of respect from me. In a game, it would never occur to me to run into the box and block a defender, especially not when I'm already winning 2-0 and looking like scoring again. Maybe it's just me and my high moral standards, but I don't see winning unfairly as winning.

spark

It's ridiculous to lable him anything besides a hard competitor in regards to that incident. How many of us wouldn't have done that? You play the game to win. Not to be the nicest guy on the pitch. Yeah it was a dickish move but totally understandable and I would have loved it if we got away with something like that lol. Get over it. Was it a foul? Yeah. You think he would think twice about doing it again? Nope. It's football. It happens. If Messi pulled a move like that and got us an important goal we would worship him and see it for the scrappy intelligent move it was.

We wouldn't worship him for that. Messi has actual talent and doesn't need to do things like that to"assist" a team mate.

Home of Barca Fans