Thomas Muller

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Calling Müller "good" is ridiculous. He has been world class since he came up as a pro and is one of the best players in the world. No matter if you like him or not.
I lost some sympathy for him as well over the last couple of years too btw.

Yup, it is no small feat to score those goals he scored. Some of them might look rather effortless to the common eye, but it takes a lot of football IQ, off-the-ball running around and techniques (with regard to how he positions his body and feet) to get the ball into the net.

Yannik

So much praise for a player that's yet to score 20 in a season. Good player playing on great teams for me.

he scores minimum 20 in every season, what are you saying man?
this year he has 8 already in 5 games and the season is hardly even underway

Last edited:

xavisionary

I love how this forum is split between fanboys (i.e. myself) and haters. Not a single person on the fence haha. Good old Thomas Muller :wub:

Rahj

i don't know how you define hater in this case, but i think that he is a great player, but i just don't like him as a person.

Yannik

You know, you guys can all like or dislike whoever you want, I'm just wondering how "I dont like him as a person" became the casual catchphrase here when noone actually knows him as a person.

Rahj

ok, based on the interviews i've seen of him, he seems to be a douche. now i hope he doesn't cry himself to sleep because of my comments.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
You know, you guys can all like or dislike whoever you want, I'm just wondering how "I dont like him as a person" became the casual catchphrase here when noone actually knows him as a person.

I think those of us who don't like him really don't need to know him on a personal level to dislike him, just like those who don't like Ronaldo or Eric Cantona probably don't know them on a personal level either. From what I know Mueller off the field is a quite nice guy, he loves his horses and his wife, sehr schön Fräulein (or Frau?) Lisa etc. Great, great player, one of the best today absolutely. But I still don't like him mostly for his antics and his loudmouth and certain behaviors.

Yannik

ok, based on the interviews i've seen of him, he seems to be a douche. now i hope he doesn't cry himself to sleep because of my comments.

you know, i always wondered what kind of "interviews" those are.
to me personally it seems like people are just disliking for the sake of disliking. "Hes not on my team, and hes kind of a cult figure in someone else's, I cant stand that."

He's the new age Inzaghi. Celebrates like crazy for tap ins.

Because those are goals. Who doesnt celebrate goals? There are people who put on a show for those without attributing teammates, while he just stands there, one fist into the air the other one points to the assister, the basic Müller celebration.

Rahj

to me personally it seems like people are just disliking for the sake of disliking. "Hes not on my team, and hes kind of a cult figure in someone else's, I cant stand that."

nope, that's not it.

barcanuck

Because those are goals. Who doesnt celebrate goals? There are people who put on a show for those without attributing teammates, while he just stands there, one fist into the air the other one points to the assister, the basic Müller celebration.

Not many celebrate it like this douche bag. I see your from Hannover and I know you got his back. But he's the kind of player you love to hate and love to have for sure.

Rahj

well. for one there is the interview after the wc final and, since this won't be enough for you, here is a video of him trying to be funny.

Yannik

Not many celebrate it like this douche bag. I see your from Hannover and I know you got his back. But he's the kind of player you love to hate and love to have for sure.

Where did he celebrate like a douche? About the rest, yeah thats kinda what I said. The best reason to hate him is basically "hes not playing for my team". The rest is, for some reason, seeing him as cult or as an absolute legend even for that age. Like Xavisionary said, people either hate or love him, but then people come up with the weirdest reasons "i hate his low socks", "uhh such a punchable face", "those celebrations", "i dont like him because he talked german in that interview where he won the World Cup", its like the desperate search for reasons that noone would ever do if it was his own player. Imagine what would be if Jordi Alba for example wouldnt be a Barca player.

Yannik

well. for one there is the interview after the wc final and, since this won't be enough for you, here is a video of him trying to be funny.

yeah thats basically the first thing that comes up on youtube when you search for interviews.
I dont however see anything questionable in this, a guy being absolutely natural, laughing a lot, taking himself not too seriously.
Thats kinda refreshing in contrary to all those usual boring interviews with the boring standard catchphrases. But I guess for some that it is already "too much". All that smiling and shit. And being ecstatic after a WC win is of course unforgivable.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans