Transfers and Rumours - old thread

Doobs

The Messiah
Bartomeu "There'll be new players added to the team. Certain positions which need to be strengthened, its a law of life, the team needs it."

So we can be sure a CB is coming. Judging by the "law of life" phrase, might be an expensive one too.

Or it's Neymar.

Z

ZiZu

Maybe. But I highly doubt Barça will spend €50m+ in the summer

It's 50 million plus whatever we get for Sanchez , Villa and whoever else we offload ... around 100 million in total . Keep Valdes for another year as per his contract .

Y

Youngie

It's 50 million plus whatever we get for Sanchez , Villa and whoever else we offload ... around 100 million in total . Keep Valdes for another year as per his contract .

So you think selling Villa and Sanchez will bring in €50m? ::facepalm:

Alexis sale might make €20M (over like 5 years) if Barca are lucky. I doubt any club will pay outright for any Barca player since they know the club is "soft" and has f'ed up transfers before: like Zlatan, Chrygrinski, Keirrison etc etc.

Irish_Cules

So you think selling Villa and Sanchez will bring in €50m? ::facepalm:

Alexis sale might make €20M (over like 5 years) if Barca are lucky. I doubt any club will pay outright for any Barca player since they know the club is "soft" and has f'ed up transfers before: like Zlatan, Chrygrinski, Keirrison etc etc.

I reckon we could get at least 15 million for Villa and 20 million for Alexis. We just need to be tough and accept none of these small annual payment loans/transfers.

Y

Youngie

25M for Alexis , 12M for Villa , 10M for Valdes, 4M for Affelay & 15M for Song

You're missing the point again. Example: supposed €25M for Alexis will not be in one installment but paid over years (perhaps "loan with buy option"). Same can be said for the rest (except Afellay)

oz187

It doesn't matter whether the payment is in one go or in installments. The money would still be available for transfers. The only disadvantage of installments is that you can't collect interest on the money.

Viscabarca

And the same happens with players we buy ...maybe except Neymar... I don't know but there's a feeling that we are atleast getting three of all above mentioned players ...

oz187

Also note that the club has the option of dipping into next years 50M budget if they want to. So they could spend 100M + any player sales to reinforce the team this year but not spend anything next year.

Y

Youngie

It doesn't matter whether the payment is in one go or in installments. The money would still be available for transfers. The only disadvantage of installments is that you can't collect interest on the money.

If you say so. That is if they're not loaned first with an option to buy (Alexis perhaps)

And the same happens with players we buy ...maybe except Neymar... I don't know but there's a feeling that we are atleast getting three of all above mentioned players ...

I think Neymar, Hummels/Kompany and a GK (de Gea) fees would all have to be paid upfront.

Irish_Cules

@Youngie

If Villa leaves he will go for a full fee paid up front. Like I said, I reckon we could get €15m for him. There do seem to be a lot of rumours about Juve wanting to pay small installments for Alexis but they could probably be persuaded otherwise and if not then other clubs would pay €20m up front for him.

Viscabarca

No fees is paid upfront usually... not even Neymar maybe ... and if the sources are true we have already paid 10M for him... anyways the point is we dint pay for cesc upfront ...neither for Sanchez and Ibra ... so mite b a possibility ...

Home of Barca Fans