Transfers and Rumours - old thread

Y

Youngie

So apparently Bartomeu has said that we will buy 4 or 5 players in the summer to strengthen the team significantly. If we're looking to buy 5 players, what would that mean? 1 Goalkeeper, 2 defenders, 1 winger and 1 striker or something?

Maybe. But I highly doubt Barça will spend €50m+ in the summer

Y

Youngie

I really doubt it'll happen. Barça has to look after it's debt aswell.

Anyway 4-5 players aren't needed in one summer.

Y

Youngie

The budget is 50m plus sales I believe. If that 4-5 players thing is true, we will probably spend quite a bit more than 50m (selling players to be able to do so).

But Barça don't really "sell" players. More like send them out on loan and hope the other team buys them in the future or get the payment spread over a few years. Who was the last player Barça got good money for? Ronaldinho (back in 2008)?

khaled_a_d

How much would de Gea cost now? €30M?

They won't sell him ,there is 0 chance SAF let him go

Maybe. But I highly doubt Barça will spend €50m+ in the summer
We will sure will , It is already said we will pay 50M + what we get from tranfers ,that i probably b/c we are gonna get Neymar who will take most of the budget

I really doubt it'll happen. Barça has to look after it's debt aswell.

Anyway 4-5 players aren't needed in one summer.

50M is good for a club like us while looking for our debts , we aren't broken yet as some people thinks we are
Honestly I think 4-5 players are needed,I just don't believe we will get more than 3 if Neymar is coming

0n0mat0p0eia

IMO we should blow all the money on Hummels and Subotic. They are the CB pairing of one of the best teams in the world and the CL finalists.

Valdes should play out his contract, and Neymar left where he is for a year. Next year we buy a GK and Neymar.

Y

Youngie

€50M would get just one player (Hummels) + a bit to spare.#

Barcelona get flip all from transfers.

JdS=loan (if he wants to finally leave)
Bojan=same (Milan or Roma prob won't buy him)
D Villa=sale (€10M?)
Alexis=sale (prob amount spread over 5 years)
Valdes=sale (€10M-ish unless he stays - maybe amount spread over a few years)
Afellay=loan or sale (small amount)
Fontas (same as above)

Valdes should play out his contract, and Neymar left where he is for a year. Next year we buy a GK and Neymar.

Exactly. But Valdes seems in an awful rush to leave...

King Leo

Banned
They mentioned Tito will bring down the number of players and that means we will sell few players including some of our youth
Then we gonna buy 4-5 players which I doubt they'll be quality because we gonna spend millions on Neymar. Rosell is not after winning trophies, he's just fine seeing us make money by getting far in the CL. This makes club members happy and bookkeepers happy. They want Hummels but they wont be able to afford him. It is gonna be a very busy summer and my prediction at best we will win CDR come next year.

Y

Youngie

They mentioned Tito will bring down the number of players and that means we will sell few players including some of our youth

Yea but you can't sell players if no one wants to buy them or they refuse to leave....

khaled_a_d

I've been one of the few who kept defending Hummels even when every one was aying he is too expensive or he is just like Pique ,I want him here on the team lmore than anyone else
But truth is ,I see very small chance to get him ,BVB aren't a selling team ,they aren't the European elite new supermarket either
people are getting it totally wrong here,Shahin/Kagawa/Lewandowski All moved in the last year of their contract ,they had to sell ,Gotze had a release clause that he used ,but they used this money ,they are in a gr8 financial situation and they are turning into one of the world top clubs
I can't see them letting Hummels go this year ,may be next year he will be the annual star to sell but not this one
We should still make an effort to get him I hate to say it but we will probably need a plan b

khaled_a_d

Yea but you can't sell players if no one wants to buy them or they refuse to leave....

Well,there is always a market for every player ,we will sell a lot of them , we won't get what we want for some though

It is gonna be a very busy summer and my prediction at best we will win CDR come next year.

we can always hope that Mou leaves and RM end up with a much worse coach ;)

But Barça don't really "sell" players. More like send them out on loan and hope the other team buys them in the future or get the payment spread over a few years. Who was the last player Barça got good money for? Ronaldinho (back in 2008)?
Hopefully they aren't gonna be stupid again thi time and just sell ,the only players I can accept loaning are the young players like Munisia/Bartra/Rafinha/Roberto

Home of Barca Fans