Transfers and Rumours - old thread

B

beautifulgame

The great thing about a player like Reus is that he stays focused even when he doesn't touch the ball an awful lot, that is, his confidence won't dip as much as with player that thrive mostly when they can dribble a lot. So, for a team with Messi, Iniesta and Xavi, when the ball is generally in their feet, a player like this might be quite beneficial to do the final third work and little else with the ball in terms of creativity.

Superfly

Banned
Barcelona want to sign PSG centre back Thiago Silva (28) this summer. The first contacts have been made. [sport]

please

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
I still think it's very important to integrate players from La Masia, it's a part of our club philosophy that should not be taken lightly - after all, it pretty much gave us 3 CL's and crowned as one of the best teams ever played. But of course, it's a delicate balance between playing youngsters and winning the league. Atm, we have Thiago and Tello who are very soon ready to play in every match (some might even argue Tello should have started instead of Sanchez against Bayern). But at the same time, it looks like we are producing players in the mold that worked 3 seasons ago - but football has changed since than. Teams are doing the same thing we are doing (except Iniesta and Messi, they are special) but with players that are physically much stronger - we simply get pushed around and outplayed with dirty tactics (Madrid, the Muller crosscheck etc).
We should not change something that is not broken, yes. We still qualified for semis in CL and won (most probably) La Liga. Let's not get drastic about changes. But some changes need to be done. I would change almost the entire back line, seriously. They're not up to the task. Maybe they didn't get exposed before, when teams were shocked by our insane press and technical tike-taka. But other teams are catching up and it looks like they don't stress when getting out of our press (+ we've lost our collective press). Alba was a really good signing, but to play only Busquets on DM with 2 attacking fullbacks is suicide against strong teams. Not even Pep did that.
I don't have anything against if Villa stays 1 or 2 more seasons as super sub - but he needs to play centrally, and we need to take chances to at least try to give him the ball. Otherwise it's better if we just sell him tbh.
Sanchez, I like him - he's a good player. But doesn't work for us, I think it's time to sell.
Tello? Use him or loan/sell. It's stupid how Tito has managed the team lately. I understand that Pedro/Sanchez are more experienced and fit our current tactics better - but so what, our tactics are all wrong and Tello has been better than all of our forwards except Messi. So play him ffs if he is in better form atm.
Xavi? Don't know tbh. Some complain he doesn't make any 'killer' through' balls to our forwards anymore - which forwards I ask? To Messi who already is in Xavi lap? To Sanchez/Pedro who never cut inside? Who can he pass the ball to?

Anyway, we need 2-3 players in our back line. Mascherano and Pique are OK, Puyol is injured to much and I'm still undecided about Bartra. Pique imo can still get his sh*t together and is at least as good as Hummels who everybody want - the grass is always greener... Masch is a good backup. Bartra need to play more games to be evaluated. So, we need 1 partner for Pique and 1 more backup who we also can use on LB/RB - we could use one defender like that against Bayern.

Forwards? Sell Sanchez. Keep Pedro. Keep Tello. Neymar will probably join us, let's wait until we judge him. I'd like at least one more forward/winger - but maybe we should just wait for Deloufe to show what he can do. We also have the option to bring back Cuenca, not sure though - but the guy impressed me before he got injured. Also, Messi can't walk around - he needs to be a part of the team, not above the team. There's no doubt he's a magician, but we need team spirit and solidarity.

Midfield? Just keep it unchanged. We will probably not win CL next season either, but it's enough for La Liga. But, we should play Song more often and maybe even play Mascherano there if we buy 2 defenders. Maybe if we buy a defender who can also play DM...

So, we actually only need 2 defenders and we will probably buy Neymar - that's it. But, the biggest change should be the tactics/coach. If Tito can't modernize/adapt to the new conditions of top-level football (or if he feels weak because of his condition. I feel sorry for him, but 'ce la vie' - people are faced with much worse things in their life) he should do the honorable thing and leave. I just don't have a clue who we might bring in instead.

LeoMessi10

well ,you can argue we need 2 CBs not just 1 , A case can be made for a new full back to replace Alves (whether directly or beeing Montoya back up or a LB and shift Adriano as Montoya back up) ,Also we might need a winger and a striker
so GK,CB,Forward should be come ,with 1-2 of another CB,another forward and a full back
Also he might be counting Alberto if we sign him from Sevilla

Why would we need 2 CBs.... Pique isn't going anywhere and we have bartra and muniesa. You're saying we buy 8 players like our current team is full of bums? Let's be honest here we could use a couple players but you may be overthinking a bit

R

rivaldo10

hummels is a must buy and i wish we could get kompany who would be perfect with his leadership he won city the title

oz187

If you say so. That is if they're not loaned first with an option to buy (Alexis perhaps)
Even if that happens, Alexis would still be owned by Barca and his value would still be on their books. So Barca can spend that money knowing they can sell/loan Alexis the following year to raise the funds spent.

khaled_a_d

Why would we need 2 CBs.... Pique isn't going anywhere and we have bartra and muniesa. You're saying we buy 8 players like our current team is full of bums? Let's be honest here we could use a couple players but you may be overthinking a bit
Read my post again and the post I was quoting b4 jumping to conclusion please

KhaledBarca

1 CB
1 defensive minded fullback (young, tall, talented one) ===> THE NEW ABIDAL.
and Neymar.

IF Villa and Valdes want to leave, then we need a CF and a GK.

So its just 3 signings if Villa and Valdes stays for another season.

jamrock

No need for a new fb, Alba is too good and young to bench, time to sell my beloved dani alves , someone has to go for progress time for Montoya to be given the starting spot

Home of Barca Fans