Transfers and Rumours - old thread

khaled_a_d

Goal cannot be taken seriously, tbh, especially when it comes to transfer rumours. I have neither heard/nor read anything about that in the German media so wouldn't put too much money on it :)

Well ,I know ,but it seems this years they are trying to develop as a site and get some sources ,only time can tell if their sources are credible or not

loozy

Like I said, haven't heard or read anything in German media yet so I don't believe goal.

Plus, I think goal are a bit like barcastuff: they read something somewhere and just put in their transfer ticker box/thingie. But we shall see. I would surely laugh my behind off if more players left Dortmund due to their release clauses :D

KluivertsBoots

Plus persistent rumors linking Reus to City, he's on 70k a week only and City could double that easily. His buy out clause could be triggered, it's less than 40m

Reus is smarter than that. Dortmund will give him a new contract. He will play centrally with Gotze leaving. He was Kagawa's replacement. Dortmund will buy another attacking ace or three to add depth. They'll find top talents.

D

Don_Andrés

Plus persistent rumors linking Reus to City, he's on 70k a week only and City could double that easily. His buy out clause could be triggered, it's less than 40m

Like I've said earlier this is gonna be an interesting transfer window for City. It's not just getting the players in. Somehow they've got to negotiate the exit of number of players, rumours of up to twelve could be leaving.
Also next season will be World Cup year, it would be in the best interests of many players to stay at their club for another season, especially if this move involves moving to another country.

Irish_Cules

Ye the amount of comings and goings there is going to be ridiculous. I think it's safe to say that City's midfield and frontline is going to be completely different next season except for Toure, Ageuro and Silva (maybe Barry if he renews).

Stric

I just hope no one loses their heads over these Bayern defeats and suggests we should swap half the team and make numerous transfers. The problem is management, not players. Sure, a few need to leave, and we only need 2-3 new players to have the absolute perfect squad. But other than that, the players we have at our disposal are more than enough to make once again the best team in the world... with the right management.

F

Flavia

I just hope no one loses their heads over these Bayern defeats and suggests we should swap half the team and make numerous transfers. The problem is management, not players. Sure, a few need to leave, and we only need 2-3 new players to have the absolute perfect squad. But other than that, the players we have at our disposal are more than enough to make once again the best team in the world... with the right management.

I've seen some suggestions of selling Xavi and Iniesta already :wacko:

+1.

Aside from the defense, the players aren't the main problem. I think the only things we really need are a GK, a CB, and a striker (if Villa leaves). Maybe a 2nd CB for depth and/or a winger (Neymar, Reus, etc), but those 2 aren't desperately needed.

Like you and I both said, the players aren't the main problem, even though a few are still needed. We have players like:
Messi - arguably the greatest player ever
Iniesta - best midfielder in the world, 3rd best player
Xavi - one of the best midfielders in the world, despite his age
Busquets - arguably the best CDM in the world
Villa - Spain's all-time top scorer. Still world-class despite his age and that injury last season.
Fabregas (on our bench, no less) - world-class midfielder, despite his poor second half of the season
Alba - arguably the best LB in the world

Not to mention players like Pique and Alves, who, despite their inconsistency, can still put in world-class performances. We've got good players on our bench too, such as Song, Thiago, etc.

The only starters who really need to be replaced (IMO) are Valdes (since he's leaving), Puyol, Villa (if he goes) and maybe Pedro (though Sanchez has been pretty good lately, maybe we could go with him in the starting XI next season?).

IMO, our main 2 problems in big games this season were tactics and motivation. Which is why I think we need a new coach.

Last edited:

Stric

I have nothing personal against Tito, he seems to be a good guy, and I'm sad to see him struggling with his health, but neither of these is a reason to pretend he's cut out for this position. It's not even his fault that he's been given this huge task without really being capable of living up to it. He should resign and state health issues as the reason, leave with dignity holding the Liga trophy. We've seen on numerous occasions that Tito, for whatever reason, doesn't make the right decision. Choosing line-ups, planning tactics, changing tactics mid-game, substitutions, rotation, the list goes on forever. Congrats on the Liga (I hope), thank you (or should we thank Messi?), and goodbye.

I have nothing personal against Tito, he seems to be a good guy, and I'm sad to see him struggling with his health, but neither of these is a reason to pretend he's cut out for this position. It's not even his fault that he's been given this huge task without really being capable of living up to it. He should resign and state health issues as the reason, leave with dignity holding the Liga trophy. We've seen on numerous occasions that Tito, for whatever reason, doesn't make the right decision. Choosing line-ups, planning tactics, changing tactics mid-game, substitutions, rotation, the list goes on forever. Congrats on the Liga (I hope), thank you (or should we thank Messi?), and goodbye.

Agree with everything, pretty much. I don't have anything personal against Tito, and I respect him for beating cancer twice, but I'm afraid losing 7-0 on aggregate when you have players like Messi and Iniesta on your team and Fabregas on your bench is unacceptable. As was the 2-0 loss against Milan and the 3-1 loss against RM.

Tito's condition may have had an impact, so I may be being a tad harsh on him, but I think him resigning would be best for all parties.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans