Transfers and Rumours - old thread

mixer

A dozen of players, including David Villa (31) and Eric Abidal (33), will leave Barcelona in the summer transfer window. [sport]

mixer

Hummels isn't good enough for Barca.
Barca isn't good enough for Hummels at the moment

Santos forward Neymar (21) and PSG centre back Thiago Silva (28) are Barcelona's first main transfer targets for the summer. [sport]

The players who are on loan this season (Afellay, Fontas, Cuenca) as well as Bojan (buy back) won't be part of the squad next season. [md]

Last edited:

Boris

A dozen of players, including David Villa (31) and Eric Abidal (33), will leave Barcelona in the summer transfer window. [sport]
Hopefully true. It's sad no doubt, but it's reality and how it need's to be if we want to stay on top.

Plip

Cardenal de Catalunya

Hope this is nothing more than a rumour, as Abidal should be given a role in the coaching staff instead of sending him packing after all he has done for the club. If this is Sandro's way of saying 'Thank You' I sincerely hope he won't be re-elected.

mixer

AC Milan want to sign Cesc Fabregas (25) this summer. His former Arsenal teammate Mathieu Flamini, now at Milan, acts as intermediary. [cds]

AvocadoCake

1 Afellay, 2 Bojan, 3 DV, 4 Abidal (although I'd love to see Abi stay), 5 JDS, 6 Fontas, 7 Sanchez

Apart from that, the other 5 are interesting. Song (already)? Dani (yes please)?.. There were rumours of Adriano so I guess it just depends on his contract etc (expires 2014 with 'one further year' option).... even if those 3 leave (and I doubt Song/Adriano will leave) there's still 2 more to be chopped down according to that, Mascherano, I guess, sounds really weird if Pedro left.... A dozen sounds excessive but half of that makes sense.

Hope this is nothing more than a rumour, as Abidal should be given a role in the coaching staff instead of sending him packing after all he has done for the club. If this is Sandro's way of saying 'Thank You' I sincerely hope he won't be re-elected.

I think he'll only be sold if he wants to continue playing and doesn't accept some kind of executive position. I can see him going to the MLS or somewhere for a few years, then returning to Barca for an executive position or something.

Plip

Cardenal de Catalunya
I think he'll only be sold if he wants to continue playing and doesn't accept some kind of executive position. I can see him going to the MLS or somewhere for a few years, then returning to Barca for an executive position or something.

I think it's still Sandy being a dick and outdoing much of what Laporta brought in. By the looks of it, I'm not too far off given he sincerely has had a pattern in his decision-making.

khaled_a_d

Hopefully true. It's sad no doubt, but it's reality and how it need's to be if we want to stay on top.

Most of those guys aren't really playing ,remember when it was first reported it was said that this will include Barca B players who have a must promote clause
You have
1-Fontas ,2-Bojan 3-Cuenca 4-Afellay 5-JDS 6-Oier Olazábal 7-VAldes ,those are 100% not staying
You add probably leaving to : 8-Abidal (health issue ,we have done our supporting humanity part ,time for business decision) ,10-Villa (too good for his role ,getting older,and huge wages that need to be saved) ,11-Alexis
Might go on loan : 12-Munisia 13-Bartra 14-Rafinha 15-Segi Roberto
Lastly players who good offers might be accepted :Cesc Alves
Hopefully no stupid sale or loan for Montoya or Thiago

khaled_a_d

He will be FA if I remember correctly ,he had some "minutes to play" clause that will make his contract terminated just like Keita last year

D

Don_Andrés

I'd hate the thought that Cuenca might leaving :angry:, other than going to Ajax on loan for a season.

Players To Leave

Valdes
Villa
Sanchez
Dos Santos
Fontas
Afellay
Bojan

Players That Could Leave

Alves - Could be the last chance to re-coup some money?
Fabregas - Difficulty in finding a place in the team?
Mascherano - If the club are going to sign a CB or two, where does he fit?

Players Out On Loan

Cuenca
Roberto
Rafinha
Muniesa

Abidal - To be offered a new contract, if their are no health worries.

Plip

Cardenal de Catalunya
I honestly don't see why would Sanchez leave, given he'd be a perfect #9 / RW hybrid, if Barça are to buy Neymar. Having both Alexis and Neymar on the team would improve our forward three quite a bit and would give us more options especially with Villa heading out and Pedro probably turning into a squad player unless he'll hit the pre-season off running.

Deulofeu, as good as he is in Liga Adelante, is still a bit of a gamble in my eyes and he sure as hell won't be starting as a RW straight away.

Home of Barca Fans