Transfers and Rumours - old thread

LMessi85

I honestly don't see why would Sanchez leave, given he'd be a perfect #9 / RW hybrid, if Barça are to buy Neymar. Having both Alexis and Neymar on the team would improve our forward three quite a bit and would give us more options especially with Villa heading out and Pedro probably turning into a squad player unless he'll hit the pre-season off running.

Deulofeu, as good as he is in Liga Adelante, is still a bit of a gamble in my eyes and he sure as hell won't be starting as a RW straight away.

How can you even say that? Hasn't he shown enough this season that he's NOT Barca material? He's not good enough!

Plip

Cardenal de Catalunya
How can you even say that? Hasn't he shown enough this season that he's NOT Barca material? He's not good enough!

I say that with relative ease while taking into consideration all of the possible RW / #9 hybrids out there and the fact that none of them will ever come cheap.

You not only have to look at long-term solutions but also the market itself to see that selling Sanchez with only Deulofeu / Pedro on the right would hardly improve the team but make it weaker.

It's all about solidifying the right areas and making the Swiss clock, that is the Barça-machine, work in an immaculate fashion. It is also about supporting your players while they are still here, despite of some seeing them dead-weight and not worthy of consideration on any level. Further, instead of seeing the endless hopelessness some do, I see plenty of possibilities of utilising Sanchez the following season, given certain areas will be strengthened and the formation will revert back to its dynamic and fluid self.

Last edited:

LMessi85

Sanchez had too many chances this season where he didn't score easy goals. He was criticized a lot because of that. Many times i was so frustrated by this guy for not scoring on moments that he had to. He's just not good enough. Nice to have in your team when you like to have players who like to dribble the ball to nowhere. To get better/other players we need he would be one of the first for me to go.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Plip makes a good point, certainly...I do continue to think he is somewhat of a square peg being plugged into a round hole but his skill/talent is hard to deny - and how many better players are out there in that position?...Problem, for me, is that he's not the right player out wide like a winger - it just doesn't work and a lot of that is on the player...Perhaps he could provide more in that 3-4-3, playing in the midfield and linking up with Messi - leaving two other wide players to play off of Leo whether it's Tello, Neymar or Deulofeu

Sanchez has terrific ball control and excellent vision to deliver the right pass...He lacks, however, goalscoring ability or confidence/aggression to take his man on without space

And I agree on Deulofeu, lot of kneejerk expectations that Gerard is going to set the Primera ablaze from the getgo - he has a lot to improve upon

Plip

Cardenal de Catalunya
Sanchez had too many chances this season where he didn't score easy goals. He was criticized a lot because of that. Many times i was so frustrated by this guy for not scoring on moments that he had to. He's just not good enough. Nice to have in your team when you like to have players who like to dribble the ball to nowhere. To get better/other players we need he would be one of the first for me to go.

Too many chances or not, the fact still remains the when you look at the current market there isn't a single cheap option that could play the hybrid 9 / RW role. To elaborate on this, the market conditions, as they currently stand, are appalling simply due to inflationary prices for nearly every single player out there that could successfully not only replace Sanchez but also provide us with some added value (be it skills, technical ability, teamwork etc.).

The odds of Barça finding an adequate replacement for Sanchez that could add something extra to the team are quite non-existent at the moment. Keeping Sanchez put is definitely the lesser evil compared to the possibility of not finding a replacement for him, thus making our forward line collectively weaker, especially with the inevitable departure of El Guaje.

Last edited:

abual3bed1

Bojan, Afellay, Fontas, Cuenca (hopefully not), Tello (for his stupid buyout clause). Gonna be a hot summer, reminding us of the famous 2008 summer.

Barcilliant

Barca isn't good enough for Hummels at the moment

Santos forward Neymar (21) and PSG centre back Thiago Silva (28) are Barcelona's first main transfer targets for the summer. [sport]

The players who are on loan this season (Afellay, Fontas, Cuenca) as well as Bojan (buy back) won't be part of the squad next season. [md]

Fucks sake-why are we linked with Silva again? He is 28 and injury prone. Get someone younger even if it means paying more. Hell just buy Subotic and Hummels together. Give Afellay, Villa or Sanchez and Bojan to Dortmund. I bet Klopp being the great manager would actually get something out of these players.

Barcilliant

What are you guys talking about? He's efficient, quick, a good crosser, he's not afraid to rip it and he has the left foot to really do so, and, knowing Arsenal, he probably wouldn't cost too much. He's put up good figures this season, especially when you consider his playing time and how he's been adapting to a completely different league and a completely different team.

Podolski is a joke. If he was the real deal Bayern would have been happy to keep him. Please stay away from Arsenal players-overrated and overpriced. Look at Cesc, Petit, Overmars, Hleb...................

Barcilliant

Inigo Martinez or Marquinos, Hummels or Kompany, Cavani. Diego Lopez as keeper. Shown he has the ability to deliver on the big stage. He made saves Valdes couldnt in his dreams.

That would probably be 80 million all up. We need a new manager also to guide these players and lead them.

fcbdna

Banned
Inigo Martinez or Marquinos, Hummels or Kompany, Cavani. Diego Lopez as keeper. Shown he has the ability to deliver on the big stage. He made saves Valdes couldnt in his dreams.

That would probably be 80 million all up. We need a new manager also to guide these players and lead them.

Sure you calculated that properly?

Kompany or Hummels : 35m
Cavani ( I don't like) : 45m last time I checked was 50
Martinez : 15 or less
Lopez: 15 or less

Don't forget the president wants Neymar. . . Sorry to burst your bubble but that list is a pipe dream!

Plip

Cardenal de Catalunya
Sure you calculated that properly?

Kompany or Hummels : 35m
Cavani ( I don't like) : 45m last time I checked was 50
Martinez : 15 or less
Lopez: 15 or less

Don't forget the president wants Neymar. . . Sorry to burst your bubble but that list is a pipe dream!

First of all, Cavani would be around 60m due to de Laurentiis being a giddy prick and one annoying negotiator to deal with.

Second, why would Lopez leave Madrid? He does have a contract until 2017, so it is highly unlikely he'd leave.

fcbdna

Banned
First of all, Cavani would be around 60m due to de Laurentiis being a giddy prick and one annoying negotiator to deal with.

Second, why would Lopez leave Madrid? He does have a contract until 2017, so it is highly unlikely he'd leave.

Umm, ask Barcilliant .

Home of Barca Fans