Transfers and Rumours - old thread

Banana-Rama

AAAAAAAAHHHHH! fuck this bad feeling! they really pissed me off! marquinhos over silva and hummels? is tito a blind coach? i don't know how he can't see we are like some fool children in corners and crosses? everyone kicked our ass in corners and crosses and we don't want to fix it! :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:
i won't read any other news about transfers again!

this is not football manager mate, signing players like t.silva and hummels is a bit more difficult then that, there is no chance of dortmund selling hummels this summer, they already lost gotze and lewandowski is going this summer or next, hummels is on a long contract so there is no reason for dortmund to sell whatsoever, who says he would even want to go, he is playing at a team that are in the CL Final and german players tend to stay in germany, as for t.silva, he only joined psg last summer for a massive amount of money, why would psg sell...

F

Flavia

We went from considering buying Handanovic one of the best keepers in the world currently to Reina. What does Reina have over Valdes? Absolutely nothing. We were going to solve one of our ''weakish'' links by bringing in either a top keeper or a young potential top keeper instead we get Pep Lol Reina that even liverpool doesn't want anymore.
CB we were going for Silva and breaking the bank or Hummels, we were considering Kompany or Vertonghen all proven CBs in their leagues. Now we are looking at Marquinos...
I think this transfer window will be a disaster.
Most likely outcome: Valdes not sold, a random CB comes, some midfielder because we need more of those right? Maybe Neymar (which would actually salvage the window a bit).

Reina or Guaita would weaken the gk spot. Now this marquinhos over silva and hummels is really worrying. I don't think Neymar would savage the damage getting reina and marquinhos could make.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
this is not football manager mate, signing players like t.silva and hummels is a bit more difficult then that, there is no chance of dortmund selling hummels this summer, they already lost gotze and lewandowski is going this summer or next, hummels is on a long contract so there is no reason for dortmund to sell whatsoever, who says he would even want to go, he is playing at a team that are in the CL Final and german players tend to stay in germany, as for t.silva, he only joined psg last summer for a massive amount of money, why would psg sell...

Not true with Hummels, a deal is more than plausible. Hummels himself has expressed pleasure that he is on Barca's radar, BVB will consider selling him if the price is right. What they will not do is sending another player to Bayern.

El Guaje

We went from considering buying Handanovic one of the best keepers in the world currently to Reina. What does Reina have over Valdes? Absolutely nothing. We were going to solve one of our ''weakish'' links by bringing in either a top keeper or a young potential top keeper instead we get Pep Lol Reina that even liverpool doesn't want anymore.
CB we were going for Silva and breaking the bank or Hummels, we were considering Kompany or Vertonghen all proven CBs in their leagues. Now we are looking at Marquinos...
I think this transfer window will be a disaster.
Most likely outcome: Valdes not sold, a random CB comes, some midfielder because we need more of those right? Maybe Neymar (which would actually salvage the window a bit).

And at the very end, we will end up with another DM and try to convert him into a CB lololol

Banana-Rama

Not true with Hummels, a deal is more than plausible. Hummels himself has expressed pleasure that he is on Barca's radar, BVB will consider selling him if the price is right. What they will not do is sending another player to Bayern.

any player that barca shows an interest in would show pride in that knowledge, it does not mean he is considering a move, dortmund will not sell hummels under any circumstances this summer, even if he hands in a transfer request he will stay, this is nothing more then wishful thinking on your part, dortmund are a proud club, they don't want to lose 3 of there best players in one summer...

Stric

Does this Pedro + $$$ for Silva come as a surprise to anyone else? For months we've been hearing rumours about Sanchez possibly leaving, and now Pedro is the one offered to PSG? They're the same type of player.

LeoMessi10

Why's everyone being so negative? Not only has the window not even opened but we obviously aren't the only ones who realize after this year especially that any old CB isn't going to do . No matter the management's agenda with Neymar or whatever else they aren't delusional about the ease with which we gave up goals this season. Stop being so negative. It may not be Silva but Hummels if it does happen couldn't possible be worse than what we've used the 2nd half of the season.

F

Flavia

Why's everyone being so negative? Not only has the window not even opened but we obviously aren't the only ones who realize after this year especially that any old CB isn't going to do . No matter the management's agenda with Neymar or whatever else they aren't delusional about the ease with which we gave up goals this season. Stop being so negative. It may not be Silva but Hummels if it does happen couldn't possible be worse than what we've used the 2nd half of the season.

Ghosts of previous transfers haunt us all, that's why. It could be marquinhos and reina, what would make it worse than this season.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
any player that barca shows an interest in would show pride in that knowledge, it does not mean he is considering a move, dortmund will not sell hummels under any circumstances this summer, even if he hands in a transfer request he will stay, this is nothing more then wishful thinking on your part, dortmund are a proud club, they don't want to lose 3 of there best players in one summer...

If we don't get him this summer, even if we are able to get Thiago Silva which I highly doubt, I still want Hummels here in 2014.

spring

No! there's a clause in hummels' contract with bvb that if a big club offered a good bid, decision will be with hummels and if he wanted to go, bvb can't refuse the offer!

Ghosts of previous transfers haunt us all, that's why. It could be marquinhos and reina, what would make it worse than this season.
+1

SeloBarca

"Barcelona want Reina to replace Valdes this summer, and then buy a young, promising goalkeeper next year, when Pinto's contract expires [md]"

Valdes is staying for another year isnt he? why get Reina at all?

I guess they want Reina to be the backup for the next goalkeeper but still.

I Would like Ter Stegen though, but he needs to be schooled into the system slowly, not be put in as a starter directly. Would be perfect to get him in now so Pinto and Valdes can teach him the ropes

Barcastuff: Barcelona want Reina to replace Valdes this summer, and then buy a young, promising goalkeeper next year, when Pinto's contract expires [md]

Interesting... but I'd rather just go with someone like Ter Stegen to replace Valdes next season. He's probably way better than Reina already.

Last edited:

mac10

anyone else catch revista tonight? they were talking about the likelihood of t silva coming and pepe reina????

DucdeOrléans

"Barcelona want Reina to replace Valdes this summer, and then buy a young, promising goalkeeper next year, when Pinto's contract expires [md]"

Valdes is staying for another year isnt he? why get Reina at all?

I guess they want Reina to be the backup for the next goalkeeper but still

That's obviously only going to happen in case Valdés leaves. Otherwise what would be the point of buying Reina as a REPLACEMENT for Valdés if the latter is going to stay for 1 more season. In case Reina is only bought as a first choice goalkeeper for 1 single season (until 2014) before a young keeper/replacement is bought?

Reina would be a catastrophic choice in case Valdés leaves. Simply because he is a worse goalkeeper than Valdés. What's the point of weakening the goalkeeper position if you can strengthen it?

I guess the more than 10 decade old goalkeeping problems (after Zubi left and until Valdés won the spot) still hunt the club. Which is a shame since there is a abundance of great goalkeepers right now that would love to move to our club if they got the chance.....

Home of Barca Fans