Transfers and Rumours - old thread

mixer

We bought Song last summer if am not mistaken. He hasnt played one full season in Barca and you want to sell him? Mascherano is also performing good and selling him would be crazy. Our defence is not the best now. We have 3 CB and Bartra who's still young and unexperienced. You are single-minded or what? Anyway we have problems with injuries now and we can't sell out our best players. And why the hell are so sure that we're buying new CB?

We bought Song last summer if am not mistaken. He hasnt played one full season in Barca and you want to sell him? Mascherano is also performing good and selling him would be crazy. Our defence is not the best now. We have 3 CB and Bartra who's still young and unexperienced. You are single-minded or what? Anyway we have problems with injuries now and we can't sell out our best players. And why the hell are so sure that we're buying new CB?

I'm not sure. That's why I said IF. But fair enough. I take back what I said about selling Mascherano or Song.

mixer

Selling Alexis Sanchez also wouldn't be the best option now. He's completely out of form and I doubt someone will give enough money for him.

Selling Alexis Sanchez also wouldn't be the best option now. He's completely out of form and I doubt someone will give enough money for him.

Well, it's gonna cost quite a bit to get a new goalie (which we'll need) and a new CB, which we also kind of need. Puyol is old, and Mascherano is pretty good but not a true CB. The younger CBs are too inexperienced. So we'll probably have to sell a few as well. Either way, Sanchez should go, we don't really need him. Pedro, Villa and Tello are all better than he is. So is Cuenca, from what I've heard. Loan then sell maybe?

Last edited:

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Didn't see why we'd need them both if we got a new CB (I was thinking 1 backup for Busquets would be enough), but fair enough. Took Mascherano and Song out.

Because Song clearly (as we have seen) is not a CB and never will be. Puyol has maybe 1 last season after this - so even if we we buy 1 extra CB, we still need cover and Masch is excellent cover. And Song? Song covers the DM spot and can also cover CM if necessary.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
We don't need a new CB. We have Pique, Mascherano, and Song, as well as Bartra and Muniesa coming up from the youth ranks. That's more than enough.

Irish_Cules

We don't need a new CB. We have Pique, Mascherano, and Song, as well as Bartra and Muniesa coming up from the youth ranks. That's more than enough.

We definitely do need a new centre back. Do you not remember the first few weeks of the season when Song and Mascherano were falling over each other? Song is not a centre back and never will be. Mascherano is a good back-up but i wouldn't count on him as first choice for a whole season. I don't think any of us can really tell how Barta or Muiniesa will turn out. Given Muiniesa's injury and Bartra's lack of playing time despite many opportunities to play him I'm still a bit wary. A top class centre back should be number 1 agenda for the summer. Puyol doesn't have more than 2 more seasons in him so Pique needs a good signing to partner him.

slvtn

Because Song clearly (as we have seen) is not a CB and never will be. Puyol has maybe 1 last season after this - so even if we we buy 1 extra CB, we still need cover and Masch is excellent cover. And Song? Song covers the DM spot and can also cover CM if necessary.

I agree with that. Same with Mascherano basically, although both had strong matches this season. Good to see that Bartra and Musiesa coming from the Youth, but I'd love to see a little more experienced CB in the team. My favourite would be Mats Hummels.

I agree with that. Same with Mascherano basically, although both had strong matches this season. Good to see that Bartra and Musiesa coming from the Youth, but I'd love to see a little more experienced CB in the team. My favourite would be Mats Hummels.

That would be great, though it would probably be expensive. Pique/Hummels with Puyol, Mascherano, Bartra and Muniesa backing them up sounds awesome to me though.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Apparently Barcelona are trying to get Marquinhos from AS Roma. He's an extremely talented CB with huge potential and he's 18 which is extremely young. Plus at this age it's really easy to mold him into our style of play.

Home of Barca Fans