Transfers and Rumours - old thread

Apparently Barcelona are trying to get Marquinhos from AS Roma. He's an extremely talented CB with huge potential and he's 18 which is extremely young. Plus at this age it's really easy to mold him into our style of play.

We still need a proven CB imo. He'll be good as a backup (and possibly eventual starter) though. But we'll probably have to offload either Bartra or Muniesa if we get him (I'd offload Bartra, since Muniesa's better from what I hear). Maybe buy him and then loan him out immediately to give him experience?

Last edited:

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
I'm pretty sure Marquinhos is on loan at Roma at the moment, although there's another guy with pretty much the same name, i get confused.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
I'm pretty sure Marquinhos is on loan at Roma at the moment, although there's another guy with pretty much the same name, i get confused.

Yes I do believe he I on loan from Corinthians. Although we can still buy him and loan him back out to Roma. He's really good and has more potential than Muniesa or Bartra. Puyol can still play for at least 2 years while Marquinhos gains experience and establishes himself. Until then I think Bartra should be played over Masch

XaviMessiGirl

I'd be interested to see Marquinhos in Barca, I think he has a lot of potential and at least he's actually a CB :lol:

We were apparently also interested in Pjanic (same Gazzetta article that linked Marquinhos to us) but he's not for sale.

Fourteen

Monster Masch
I don't imagine he'll be expensive, but to be linked with loads of young exciting keepers and end up with Reina would be a tad disappointing. Nothing wrong with him though, he can do the job for a while.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
I don't imagine he'll be expensive, but to be linked with loads of young exciting keepers and end up with Reina would be a tad disappointing. Nothing wrong with him though, he can do the job for a while.

Would be a good signing. Reina has gone down a level or two in the past 2 years but maybe going to another club with invigorate him and he will be back to his usual brilliant self. He's still young enough to overcome the past 2 years of poor performances. So maybe a transfer will be good for him and us.

Would be a good signing. Reina has gone down a level or two in the past 2 years but maybe going to another club with invigorate him and he will be back to his usual brilliant self. He's still young enough to overcome the past 2 years of poor performances. So maybe a transfer will be good for him and us.

I'd much rather get Ter Stegen, Courtois or Lloris. They'll be more expensive but worth it.

Meitux

no for fuck sake i dont want him it may be good for you to get rid of him but not for barcelona... he makes many mistakes at times,its better to spend money for someone who is worthy for....

Home of Barca Fans