Transfers and Rumours - old thread

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Balague said he's coming on a 2 year contract...Ordinarily, Guillem is rarely accurate but he does seem to continue to have good contact at Anfield so it does seem to be legitimate.

Meh, not ideal but not sure what many of us expected...Barcelona doesn't splash the cash for a keeper so going cheap in getting a cantera player like Reina makes a lot of sense and give them time to find a young keeper to groom for the future.

Zincubus

Banned
Does this Pedro + $$$ for Silva come as a surprise to anyone else? For months we've
been hearing rumours about Sanchez possibly leaving, and now Pedro is the one offered to PSG? They're the same type of player.

Pretty sure they are both going along with Villa after the 8 chances he missed the other night !

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
"Barcelona want Reina to replace Valdes this summer, and then buy a young, promising goalkeeper next year, when Pinto's contract expires [md]"

Oh boy. Just thinking about the goals we will concede next season hurts my brain. Not only will we have crappy defense but we will have a crappy goalkeeper. :facepalm:

Bye-bye CL, bye-bye La Liga, bye-bye CdR.

spring

Balague said he's coming on a 2 year contract...Ordinarily, Guillem is rarely accurate but he does seem to continue to have good contact at Anfield so it does seem to be legitimate.

Meh, not ideal but not sure what many of us expected...Barcelona doesn't splash the cash for a keeper so going cheap in getting a cantera player like Reina makes a lot of sense and give them time to find a young keeper to groom for the future.

and because of this, i think the young GK is ter stegen, they said the young GK must have more exprience, atletico's GK plays in la liga and doesn't need more exprience, de gea is already a great GK! is there anyone else?

mac10

wouldnt mind if pedro stayed to be honest but they also mentiond villa definately going but alexis may be staying

Gilberto

Oh boy, not reina...

There are so many alternatives. There are younger keepers who are cheaper and are better already.

SeloBarca

Well, instead of buying every players now, maybe its better if we spend a bit more on the Central Defenders and wingers then a WC goalkeeper and that midfielder they apperantly want to buy.
If Valdes stays another year i guess im ok with waiting a bit, problem is Ter Stegen might get stolen by another club

mac10

Oh boy. Just thinking about the goals we will concede next season hurts my brain. Not only will we have crappy defense but we will have a crappy goalkeeper. :facepalm:

Bye-bye CL, bye-bye La Liga, bye-bye CdR.

just imagein reina, alves, pique, masch, alba were dooomed :lol:

DucdeOrléans

The great question is what the point of weakening the goalkeeping position is if you can strengthen it? Why not keep Valdés until his contract ends in 2014 (as has been rumored all the time) and THEN buy a groomed young and promising goalkeeper? Pinto is going to stay until 2014 anyway.

Reina would come handy from 2014 IF (big if) he would accept the role of Pinto. But why would he do that? As a 32 year old? He does not strike me as a person who seems dissatisfied with his current role at Liverpool.

If he moves to us this summer (which I for sure don't hope) then this would indicate a Valdés departure and Reina being the new first choice. Which would be a bad, bad move.

Home of Barca Fans