Transfers and Rumours - old thread

Yannick03

Sport is running this today:
Tito's signings: Neymar 45M, Isco or Gundogan 25M & Thiago Silva 45M.

http://www.totalbarca.com/2013/news/the-front-sport-08-05-2013/

If we have 50M transfer budget.. there's no way we will make another 65M from selling players :lol: Unless we sell players like Cesc etc.

Noooooooooooo:shakeshead: Get ready, the only one that will come is Neymar worsening our defensive problem next season. I do admit we also need reinforcement in attack but Neymar imo isn't the right solution. Silva is already quite old and probably won't come. Why we want a midfielder is beyond me, give Thiago a real chance ffs, that kid is some baller. I fear it will be a disappointing transfer window.

Elbflorenz

Gundogan? WHY?
We already have lots and the BEST midfielders in the World.

Just buy 2 Defenders (CB, LB) and a Forward.
+ A Gk IF Valdes leaves!

This might be right IF Masch can play as cdm again instead of cb. And i dont think we´ll buy a LB, because Alba was bought this season.

Boris

FFS we've been associated with Hummels, Subotic, Lewandowski and now Gundogan - as well as Klopp.

How many more midfielders do we need?

maybe our management doesn't see future in Thiago, Roberto, Rafinha... Getting this kind of midfielder might be because Xavi will play much less next season. I mean, that's the only reason, those two are the closest to Xavi's role (Isco and Gundogan even more).

Indignado

Thiago Silva (CB), Vertonghen (LB/CB) and Neymar (Forward)!

Done.

I agree. We need 1 world class CB and another all-round defender. I don't trust the defensive abilities of Adriano and Alves and it seems they won't renew Abidal's contract.

maybe our management doesn't see future in Thiago, Roberto, Rafinha... Getting this kind of midfielder might be because Xavi will play much less next season. I mean, that's the only reason, those two are the closest to Xavi's role (Isco and Gundogan even more).

Isco is not similar to Xavi. He's more straight forward and offensive. Thiago is way closer to Xavi than him. Plus, I think people are expecting too much from Gündogan. He's no doubt a world class player, but he plays in a completely different system than ours. We don't have a guarantee that Gündogan will succeed here, we saw many players fail at our club in the last few years who are great in other clubs. The best way to replace Xavi is to promote players within our own ranks as we know what we'll get.

I doubt they don't see anything in the likes of Thiago as he was convincing in the last few games he played, he was even one of the best players on the pitch a few times. Roberto and Rafinha have barely played for the first team and you can't judge them on their performances for the B team. In the end, who would have thought that the likes of Busquets, Tello and Pedro would become the players they are today?

Last edited:

Kerrybai

i must not send any other post for at least 1 month, till everyone forget this! life is really very very cruel!
381.gif
378.gif
243.gif

Don't worry man I make those mistakes on a daily basis :lol:

PaulFCB

Banned
I remember Puyol saying almost 10 years ago that the only team he will play for except Barca is Milan.
He doesn't have so many years left, if Barca would bring 1-2 defenders in the next year, maybe he'll have an extra chance over there.

Boris

Isco is not similar to Xavi. He's more straight forward and offensive. Thiago is way closer to Xavi than him. Plus, I think people are expecting too much from Gündogan. He's no doubt a world class player, but he plays in a completely different system than ours. We don't have a guarantee that Gündogan will succeed here, we saw many players fail at our club in the last few years who are great in other clubs. The best way to replace Xavi is to promote players within our own ranks as we know what we'll get.

I doubt they don't see anything in the likes of Thiago as he was convincing in the last few games he played, he was even one of the best players on the pitch a few times. Roberto and Rafinha have barely played for the first team and you can't judge them on their performances for the B team. In the end, who would have thought that the likes of Busquets, Tello and Pedro would become the players they are today?

I think they don't see Thiago as a game controler that Xavi is, because he's more of a dribbler, like Iniesta maybe. Isco has the moves very similar to Xavi's, but Gundogan offers much more, especially in defense and physicallity. If our club has more money after purchasing CB and Neymar, only than I wouldn't mind buying midfielder.

edit: I didn't judge Rafinha and Roberto

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans