Transfers and Rumours - old thread

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
No need to react emotionally on those rumors. It's the same every summer and by the end of August almost every player gets linked with Barca somehow.
Papers need to sell and fans need something to talk about when there's no football. Simple.

Andrew M

No need to react emotionally on those rumors. It's the same every summer and by the end of August almost every player gets linked with Barca somehow.
Papers need to sell and fans need something to talk about when there's no football. Simple.

Amen

What Barca need is at least one world class CB! Puyol is now 35 and has more and more injuries. If T. Silva is too expensive and Mats Humels is not for sale, maybe Jan Vertonghen?
Marquinhos?? Yes Marquinhos has been better than David Luiz and Dede this season, but has yet to receive a cap for the senior squad. He needs more experience for matches like El Clasico etc.
Kompany this season is not that convincing, and in the other hand Man City doesn't need money. So...
I saw news that Victor Valdes is staying until 2014 so next year Barca should search for GK. Maybe Marc-André ter Stegen?
I already read somewhere few months ago that Marc-Andre ter Stegen had agreed to personal terms with Barcelona and had signed a pre-agreement with Barca?
And I really think that Barca need one more attacker! Villa, Pedro and Sanchez didn't put half of goals that Messi is scored this season in La Liga. And barca can't expect from Messi that he always decide important matches and always make diference. Yes he is incredible, and in last 3-4 years play at top level but it can hapend like last month that he have injury and can't play. In that few matches Barca struggled to finish match as a winner.
So I think that Barca need one more player who will score AT LEAST 15 goals beside Messi.
But primary problem is defence!

My list of players that I would like to see in Barcelona:
GK: Handanovic
CB: T. Silva, Mats Humels, Jan Vertonghen, Dante
ST: Neymar

So I would be happy if Barca sing: Vertonghen and Neymar
On MF I think FCB does't need anyone more... There is whole "legion" of players: Xavi, Iniesta, Fabregas, T. Alcantara and also Busquets, Song and Mascerano.

Just saw that Villa is going this summer, true?

Irish_Cules

barcastuff ‏@barcastuff 8m
(J) Centre back issue. There's a standoff between coach and club. The club has been working on Hummels, can now wrap up the deal.

J) Centre back issue. Vilanova thinks he has Hummels profile already covered with Pique (and backup Bartra), so he prefers another profile.

barcastuff ‏@barcastuff 5m
(J) Centre back issue. Vilanova doesn't want to give in again on centre back after he already did last summer, and the team paid for that.

barcastuff ‏@barcastuff 4m
(J) Centre back issue. Hummels-Thiago Silva discussion is also a nice example of how both camps leak things to press. Media is key in Spain.

barcastuff ‏@barcastuff 3m
(J) Centre back issue. Club leaks "Vilanova don't want Hummels after all our hard work". Vilanova camp leaks "Player being forced upon us".

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
barcastuff ‏@barcastuff 8m
(J) Centre back issue. There's a standoff between coach and club. The club has been working on Hummels, can now wrap up the deal.

J) Centre back issue. Vilanova thinks he has Hummels profile already covered with Pique (and backup Bartra), so he prefers another profile.

barcastuff ‏@barcastuff 5m
(J) Centre back issue. Vilanova doesn't want to give in again on centre back after he already did last summer, and the team paid for that.

barcastuff ‏@barcastuff 4m
(J) Centre back issue. Hummels-Thiago Silva discussion is also a nice example of how both camps leak things to press. Media is key in Spain.

barcastuff ‏@barcastuff 3m
(J) Centre back issue. Club leaks "Vilanova don't want Hummels after all our hard work". Vilanova camp leaks "Player being forced upon us".

Good from Tito to push for the better target and not settle for a big name that wouldn't be a great fit. Honestly I doubt either will happen because wages would cause the Silva transfer to fall through and Tito seems like he's put his foot down on not wanting Hummels here. No point for him to come if the coach doesn't even favor him.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Not good at all. This means that we will get neither Thiago Silva or Hummels.

Doesn't mean it's the end of the world. Bartra is capable of handling more playing time and Inigo Martinez/Marquinhos would definitely be very great transfers and smart long term solutions. Plus there are other defenders for the club to consider transfers for as well.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Not good at all. This means that we will get neither Thiago Silva or Hummels.

Yeah, it merely echoes the divide between board & team really...If you're giving the reins to the coach, he should be setting out the targets...it's then up to the board to get the best deal, should it be feasible...Otherwise, you're a stone's throw away from the capital's meddlesome approach which will brings us back to the circus days of yesteryear

Irish_Cules

A lot of people here are going to give out hell to Tito over Hummels but his reasons for doubting him are valid. The problem is that there are basically no top centre backs that are realistically available at the moment. Hummels seems to be the only realistic target, other than young prospects like Marquinhos and Inigo Martinez. I think Subotic could be a good choice but the club don't seem to be interested in him at all. They probably don't rate him that highly.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
If the leaks are true, I empathize with Tito's concerns about Hummels being a bit too similar in profile to Piqué or Bartra...Personally, I think we should be targeting a legitimate CB who's best strengths are defending and leadership, ball playing & going forward should come 2nd...We need a defensive destroyer who can lead the defense and extinguish anything that comes into his area

That being said, I'm not 100% against the idea of Hummels - I'm just not entirely convinced...And is Silva legitimately attainable without taking up a majority of the transfer funds?...Other issue is that as long as a divide exists, means closing a deal ultimately gets harder and stretched out longer - leaving the possibility of ending up with scraps, i.e. 3rd or 4th choice

Catorce

Cruijff's Heir
The longer I think about it, the more I like the idea of one stopper and one builder in defense. When we get Hummels he might be too similar to Pique, so one of the players has to adapt. Vertonghen is the ideal player to start the build-up from defense but Pique should work on his positioning and strenght/aerial ability to become the stopper.

Subotic I like as well, but he did made quite a few errors lately... Thiago Silva is the IDEAL CB, but I think we can't get him.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Pique got no aerial ability and strength. He's a coward and most of the time plays like he don't care about his team, don't care if we win or lose. The best thing, IMO, would be to sell Pique, but sadly that's never going to happen. Bartra>Pique.

JonM

Barcastuff used to be somewhat reliable at filtering the rumors. It used to be : "Funny but fake: Real Madrid are willing to pay 120M for Santos forward neymar (21), including 40M penalty to Barcelona. Player prefers Barcelona.".

Now he's just propagating the same tabloid made-up crap.

Last edited:

Irish_Cules

Barcastuff used to be somewhat reliable in filtering the rumors. It used to be : "Funny but fake: Real Madrid are willing to pay 120M for Santos forward neymar (21), including 40M penalty to Barcelona. Player prefers Barcelona.".

Now he's just propagating the same tabloid made-up crap.

You still see the odd one that he says its 100% fake, usually when its some by a British tabloid.

Home of Barca Fans