Transfers and Rumours - old thread

Theconomist

Ibra frigging hamovich didn't work as a CF. Messi will NOT move to the right again, we WON'T buy a CF and if we do then it's just stupid. We need a winger that can also sometimes play as a CF. All these Falcao, Cavani, Lewa rumors are stupid because unless we change the whole system it won't work and we'll have another Ibra on our hands.
And please don't tell me ibra slows down the play or whatnot, we're probably one of the slowest teams in europe except in the last third which Ibra is a boss at.

Stric

That's true. Unless we're changing the system completely, a genuine CF-only type of player would be a waste of money. The player that fits our needs perfectly is called David Villa. But if we're replacing him, we should buy someone as similar to him as possible.

That's true. Unless we're changing the system completely, a genuine CF-only type of player would be a waste of money. The player that fits our needs perfectly is called David Villa. But if we're replacing him, we should buy someone as similar to him as possible.

I think Aguero or Suarez would fit our needs perfectly, better than Villa. But yeah, we shouldn't get someone like Falcao or Lewa unless we're changing the system completely.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
What would you guys say about Draxler?

Young, extremely fast, has size and strength, really good passer, very powerful shot, and can bring a different style to the team to break down parked buses.

Superfly

Banned
6180_130510_draxler_trikot_658x370.jpg

He's very good. Gotze MK2.

SeloBarca

Ibra frigging hamovich didn't work as a CF. Messi will NOT move to the right again, we WON'T buy a CF and if we do then it's just stupid. We need a winger that can also sometimes play as a CF. All these Falcao, Cavani, Lewa rumors are stupid because unless we change the whole system it won't work and we'll have another Ibra on our hands.
And please don't tell me ibra slows down the play or whatnot, we're probably one of the slowest teams in europe except in the last third which Ibra is a boss at.

Ibra doesnt run, stands around like a statue and is worthless in air. Eto'o worked fine becouse he could actually run.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Signed a new contract with Schalke last week.

I actually started thinking about him after he signed the new contract. Usually I'd say that the extension rules him out as an option. However Gotze signed with major rivals Bayern Munich barely a year after signing a 4 year extension with Dortmund (who he said would be his club for life). Obviously Draxler wouldn't leave in this window but it's pretty possible that in a year he gets tempted by a move to a club as glamorous as Barca. Plus there isn't much stopping him considering that Barca isn't in the same league as Schalke so he isn't "betraying" his club.

Home of Barca Fans