Transfers and Rumours - old thread

Gilberto

Is it just me or is Eriksen overrated? I see him play weekly and although he is talented, he is worse than gotze by far.

P

PhilS

For Barcelona, one on one and composure with feet are the two most important skills.

Valdes has always struggled with his positioning. He's never appeared comfortable positioning in open play (high balls or one on one), and especially not on set pieces. I would like the next keeper to be stronger in these areas even if not great with the feet.

Valdes' athletic ability is his most underrated asset, and this is another must for Barcelona. You must be athletic to be a good one v one stopper.

I think Valdes will be a lot more appreciated by Barca fans after he leaves.

When you say Valdes is not good in open play one on one, I think he is exceptionally good when a wide open player is bearing down on him on the counter. He is great at coming all the way out. As we all know, this happens a lot for Barca, so stopping as many of these as possible is critical.

He's also really good at second saves, dribbling and distributing the ball. His side to side positioning is not the best.

ViscaBarca914

BLASPHEMY!
I have to admit I have never really seen Bernard play. Whoever they sign I just hope they continue with the talent out, big talent in cycle.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I haven't seen Eriksen in action for a long time, but I have heard that he fails in big games. Is it true?

Yeah. He has struggled in big games.

Will be interesting on whether he moves to Dortmund. Dortmund will help him improve much IMO, but he's no way better or as good as Gotze so they need to be patient with him.

rafals

Then maybe it's a bit risky for Dortmund, but we also have to remember that in Ajax and in Denmark he is a midfield leader which can be stressful sometimes. In Dortmund, he will have many brilliant teammates, so maybe there won't be such a high pressure for him. But I'm sure that Klopp will be able to find some talented midfielders from Germany as there are coming more and more of them.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
I haven't seen Eriksen in action for a long time, but I have heard that he fails in big games. Is it true?

Did pretty great this season in the CL group stages. And note that this is especially impressive because Ajax were minnows in the group compared to Dortmund, City, and Madrid.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Then maybe it's a bit risky for Dortmund, but we also have to remember that in Ajax and in Denmark he is a midfield leader which can be stressful sometimes. In Dortmund, he will have many brilliant teammates, so maybe there won't be such a high pressure for him. But I'm sure that Klopp will be able to find some talented midfielders from Germany as there are coming more and more of them.

I've noticed that he often gets isolated without help from his team mates for Denmark and Ajax sometimes, but I have to say that he is class.

He is a very good player, but not at Gotze level yet.

B

beautifulgame

Dortmund are awesome.

Getting a ton of money and will likely get a better player than Gotze anyway in Bernard.

Home of Barca Fans