Transfers and Rumours - old thread

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic or not, but if you're not what's your source because I dont trust a thing I hear until it comes from the clubs mouth

Nah, just media reports from Sport and El Mundo Deportivo.

Nothing official.

Z

ZiZu

Mazinho says Rafinha will be loaned out next season.

Deulofeu will be loaned out if Neymar signs this summer as planned.

I do not like loaning out young players. It runs counter to the club's philosophy. Guillermo Amor has said that the core belief behind La Masia was to bring players up completely (and only) in the FCB system as Barca teaches a unique language. If players move outside of the club, they learn other languages. The goal of the FCB coaches was to not allow this for any players they have earmarked for the first team.

With this mentality in mind, he said the club must make decisions with regard to canteranos by the time they are 20 or 21 years old. Either you count on them to be first team players, or you do not. If not, selling them is the best option for the club.

Deulofeu and Rafinha have been highly touted at every level of the club, and it'd be a shame to see either one of them play outside of the club. I question the Neymar signing primarily from a player like Deulofeu's perspective. The club doesn't need Neymar for the marketing with Messi. They don't need him playing wise because he doesn't address the greatest needs of the team. They don't need him because they have a young player in Deulofeu ready to step forward and push players like Sanchez and Pedro.

Loaning out didn't seem to harm Cesc / Alba / Piqué progress

AvocadoCake

Gotcha, Well I may be in the minority but I'd be pretty pleased if it were true.

There might be better option but if he's 27m then yes please! Also nice to get it out of the way instead of having these rumours for the whole off-season when clearly a CB should be first priority.

Z

ZiZu

Sanchez to stay UNLESS we recieve a good offer for him .
JDS to be loaned out as well . According to a source on Twitter

With three youngsters going out on loan and reports of Tello being swapped for Pep Raina we are going to need some new blood this summer .

Last edited:

SamperFCB

In my eyes, four signings needed for next season: GK, CB, LW and ST.

We have a budget of 50M + other incomes. I guess it will be in total something of 90M when we sell Villa (15M), Valdés (10M) and guys like Sergi Roberto, Cuenca, Muniesa (15M). Although I think the board won't sell them, but loan them out.. waiste of time, because they don't have the level we need. Personally hoping that we will sell Song, but that's only an illusion..

But 90M should be enough to buy the right players: Courtois (30M), Neymar (30M), Hummels (25M) and Rubén Castro (5M).
- Courtois: Biggest talent when we're talking about GKs. He's worth every of that 30M. He knows the Spanish football, plays already two season on top level with Atléti and is the GK we look for. Much more talented than Guaita and better than Reina. He's only 22/23, so he will be usefull for 10 years.
- Hummels: Impressed by his performances last few seasons. Proved that he can play on top level. Real leader in the defense.
- Neymar: We need a player with technical skills and moves to pass a men on the wings to create a men more situation. Someone who can take the attention. Together with Messi up in front a dangerous couple. Together with Deulofeu we will have three attackers that can pass an opponent with his moves.
- Rubén Castro: Maybe the most surprising one, but he's a number 9 we need. Scored 17 goals and gave 6 assists this season at Betis. A chance = a goal for Rubén Castro. He's on the best of his career.. a cheap and quality number 9. Could bring us something extra's. We don't need a number 9 that costs us 10/20/30M. Rubén Castro has the skills to perform for 2 more years on top level and is absolutely willing to play at a club as Barca in the last years of his career.

kollegah

In my eyes, four signings needed for next season: GK, CB, LW and ST.

We have a budget of 50M + other incomes. I guess it will be in total something of 90M when we sell Villa (15M), Valdés (10M) and guys like Sergi Roberto, Cuenca, Muniesa (15M). Although I think the board won't sell them, but loan them out.. waiste of time, because they don't have the level we need. Personally hoping that we will sell Song, but that's only an illusion..

But 90M should be enough to buy the right players: Courtois (30M), Neymar (30M), Hummels (25M) and Rubén Castro (5M).
- Courtois: Biggest talent when we're talking about GKs. He's worth every of that 30M. He knows the Spanish football, plays already two season on top level with Atléti and is the GK we look for. Much more talented than Guaita and better than Reina. He's only 22/23, so he will be usefull for 10 years.
- Hummels: Impressed by his performances last few seasons. Proved that he can play on top level. Real leader in the defense.
- Neymar: We need a player with technical skills and moves to pass a men on the wings to create a men more situation. Someone who can take the attention. Together with Messi up in front a dangerous couple. Together with Deulofeu we will have three attackers that can pass an opponent with his moves.
- Rubén Castro: Maybe the most surprising one, but he's a number 9 we need. Scored 17 goals and gave 6 assists this season at Betis. A chance = a goal for Rubén Castro. He's on the best of his career.. a cheap and quality number 9. Could bring us something extra's. We don't need a number 9 that costs us 10/20/30M. Rubén Castro has the skills to perform for 2 more years on top level and is absolutely willing to play at a club as Barca in the last years of his career.

ea sports, its in the game

mixer

Freixa (spokesman): "There will probably be more transfers - in and out - this summer than past years, but it'll depend on the negotiations"

I have a felling that we will sign only Neymar this summer :facepalm:

F

Flavia

<s>@</s>barcastuff <small class="time"> 11 min
</small> Freixa (spokesman): "We've made Abidal an offer. He didn't yet reply, but he'll meet with the president. After that, we'll know more."

Freixa (spokesman): "We can't talk about transfer budget, or about players we want to sign or let go, that could affect the negotiations."

Freixa (spokesman): "There will probably be more transfers - in and out - this summer than past years, but it'll depend on the negotiations"

SamperFCB

ea sports, its in the game
Problem is that the board made a mistake last year by buying Song (CDM) instead of a CB. This means that we will have to do this summer an extra signing to cover the damage from last year. Without these 4 transfers I showed you, Barca won't be competitive in Europe.

It's like Cruyff it says. Every team needs some new and fresh players after some years. This summer is such a summer for Barca.
Courtois, Hummels, Neymar and Rubén Castro, por favor.

KluivertsBoots

With three youngsters going out on loan and reports of Tello being swapped for Pep Raina we are going to need some new blood this summer .

This is too laughable to even consider, but, if it actually happened, I would throw every FCB item I own into the garbage.

Z

ZiZu

This is too laughable to even consider, but, if it actually happened, I would throw every FCB item I own into the garbage.

Serious reports on twitter that Deulofeu , JDS and Rafinha going out on loan with Tello wanted bybLiverpool in a straight swap for Reina.

I'd be happier losing Sanchez and David Villa tbh.

Home of Barca Fans