Transfers and Rumours - old thread

DucdeOrléans

A fair comparison based on your statement:

According to your logic Ronaldo should be available for a fee much lower than € 96 million. Because he is 4 years older now.

PSG won't sell Silva for less than they bought him for after 1 season. Common sense, really. Even if he handed in a transfer request (which he doesn't, he just stated that he likes Barcelona but joined PSG regardless because they came first), PSG are in no obligation to sell him for less than they bought him for. € 35 will certainly not do. PSG would be making a loss of almost € 10 million. Why would they agree with that? Because he is 1 year older now and has said that he likes Barca? I think the PSG owners don't give a fuck. :lol: Dude has a valid contract until 2017 when he will be 33.

Ibra says hello.

I think that you should reread my posts before writing nonsense. I said that he PROBABLY would get sold for 35-45m million which is pretty much spot on. I mentioned why he COULD be sold for 35m.

You do realize that defenders, especially those who are nearly 30 years old and injury prone and who do not want to stay at clubs (if we assume that as I did) usually influence the price negatively?

You made a comparison where the difference was 46 million euros. I made one where the difference was either a 5m profit or "only" getting 35m and you call that a "fair" comparison?:lol: Come on.

I believe that I know PSG more than most here since it is my local club and I speak French and follow the local papers. PSG will not keep him at all costs especially not when they can receive a amount between 35-45m while keeping the excellent ties with FCB intact.

Also PSG do not lack money by any means. I think they can survive if they "only" make a 5m profit for a player who is nearly 30 years old, injury prone and who desperately wants to move should FCB come calling and show a real interest. Or if they "only" receive 35m.

It all depends on Thiago Silva though and what he wants. Otherwise they will obviously not sell "cheaply". That's obvious.

Anything between 35-45m is highly probable should he leave since nobody will pay more than 45m for a nearly 30 year old defender who is slightly injury prone, regardless of how good he is otherwise. And those who would, Anzhi and their likes, would not receive the interest of Silva.

We will have to wait and see though.

Last edited:

JackSparrow

Since Silva, Kompany and Hummels are apperantly not comming, how about Chielini? I think he'd do very good and could pair with Pique or Puyol. Just dont buy Marquinos, he is ok but not that good as he is hyped. He is not Varane.

And in case Alves leaves, which I think he should if we get a good ofer. I'd consider buying M.Richards from Man City. I like his playing plus he would give us toughness and could share the right flank with Montoya.

Since Silva, Kompany and Hummels are apperantly not comming, how about Chielini? I think he'd do very good and could pair with Pique or Puyol.

Chiellini? There's no way in hell it'll happen. He's too loyal to Juve.

As for the others, like I said, those statements (by Hummels and by Silva's agent) don't mean all that much. Silva's agent was saying a few days ago that they're open to a move. Neymar and his father keep saying that he'll stay in Brazil until 2014, yet he keeps getting linked to us (and other clubs as well), and I think most of us know that those statements by Neymar and his father don't mean much either. It's not like those statements mean we suddenly have no chance of getting said player. We certainly have a much better chance of getting Hummels or Silva than we do of getting Chiellini.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

Like I said, stuff like that is said all the time, and doesn't usually mean much. It doesn't automatically mean we have no chance of getting Silva (or Hummels for that matter) next season. Didn't Silva's agent say a few days ago that they're open to a move?

I think he said in the same time PSG probably won't sell ,Silva agent is smart man
he knows that PSG won't sell but as long as his client is getting paid he has no problem staying or leaving ,it is that simple for him

Antimadridista1

Thiago Silva went to Paris mainly because of Carlo Ancelotti.
If Carlo leaves, it will be more easy to convince the brazilian to join us but his price is btw 45 and 50m and I don't think that our club can spend that money on a player + Neymar.

Honnestly, I think that a CB from Premier League is the better choice for us . I would love to see someone like Ivanovic, Vertonghen, Koscielny or Kompany in our team. I think that Kompany can be sold looking to the situation at ManCity and concerning Vertonghen and Koscielny, we just need to put enough money (around 25/30) lol.

There's David Luiz too.

Last edited:

KluivertsBoots

Although neither addresses aerial problems, Iñigo Martinez and Marquinhos are looking stronger by the day. I'm not sure Marquinhos isn't really a fullback though.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
If Carlo leaves, it will be more easy to convince the brazilian to join us but his price is btw 45 and 50m and I don't think that our club can spend that money on a player + Neymar.

Honnestly, I think that a CB from Premier League is the better choice for us . I would love to see someone like Ivanovic, Vertonghen, Koscielny or Kompany in our team. I think that Kompany can be sold looking to the situation at ManCity and concerning Vertonghen and Koscielny, we just need to put enough money (around 25/30) lol.

There's David Luiz too.

He is mediocre defensively.... I hope for either Kompany, Hummels or Silva.

khaled_a_d

There's David Luiz too.

He went there because he was offered a lot of money and PSG was able to pay his price ,Ancelotti presence didn't hurt but considering he coached him only 6 months at Milan ,I doubt he was the reason
We can't pay either PSG demanding price or his wages ,he is really not an option and I would hate it if the club still think he is an option as that is simply a waste of time

Z

ZiZu

There's David Luiz too.

I'd love David Luiz at Barca , I wanted us to get him before he chose Chelsea .

kompanh got a little more likely as rumours suggest City are gonna sign Real Madrids Pepe , I'll be glad to see the back of that pathetic unbalanced thug !

KhaledBarca

Here's what I'd do.
Sell:
Valdes 12 M
Alexis 18 M
JDS 4 M
Bartra or Mascherano (If management thinks Bartra is not good enough then simply sell him instead of benching and keep Masc. Or keep him and sell Masch).

Buy:
Neymar 40 M
Silva 40 M
Ter Stagen 15 M

And promote some youngers like Delofeu, Muniesa, Sergi, Rafinha.

you want us to sell Alexis for just 18M!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KhaledBarca

1- Valdes has just one more year in his contract, this is why selling him for 10-15M would be reasonable!
2- According to spanish newspapers, it seems that we might get Neymar for 20-27M! Which would be great.
A young, talented player with huge potential to be one of the best in the world for a very reasonable price.
He's the forward that should fit in our system, can play at LW provide us with more options and help Messi (finishing and create spaces by dribbling).
3- If we can get Neymar for less than 30M, we'll have 20M + 10-15 from selling Valdes, 12-15 Villa + Bojan? JDS? Fontas? Afellay?

we can have about 60-70M to buy a CB (T.Silva 40M), LB (10-15M) and GK (10-15M).

note: We should renew Muniesa's contract and send him on loan maybe to Ajax with Cuenca and Rafinha.
Deulofeu and S.Roberto to 1st team.

Last edited:

i_bleed_blaugrana

Sorry but I won't hold my breath on a report from Spain, those rumors can be pretty wild. If those are true, which is possible considering the sort of leverage Barca have in negotiation right now, this would be great. It seems like Neymar is coming to Barca and no one else, it's a question of when. From what he has said recently, it sounds like he plans to stay until next summer but is open to leaving if Santos want to sell now, which is logical. It's either 25 now or he leaves to us for free later.

With Hummels, it sounds like we just haven't made contact with him yet or Dortmund. I think this is out of respect to Dortmund as to not create a distraction before the final. Once the season is formally over, I think the rumors will intensify. I'll give it time, as I think he will be cheaper than silva plus he's younger.

khaled_a_d

1- Valdes has just one more year in his contract, this is why selling him for 10-15M would be reasonable!
2- According to spanish newspapers, it seems that we might get Neymar for 20-27M! Which would be great.
A young, talented player with huge potential to be one of the best in the world for a very reasonable price.
He's the forward that should fit in our system, can play at LW provide us with more options and help Messi (finishing and create spaces by dribbling).
3- If we can get Neymar for less than 30M, we'll have 20M + 10-15 from selling Valdes, 12-15 Villa + Bojan? JDS? Fontas? Afellay?

we can have about 60-70M to buy a CB (T.Silva 40M), LB (10-15M) and GK (10-15M).

note: We should renew Muniesa's contract and send him on loan maybe to Ajax with Cuenca and Rafinha.
Deulofeu and S.Roberto to 1st team.

No we aren't ,this is the money we re offering Santos who owns about half of his contract ,so this Spanish report actually means we are getting him for around 40M
And btw ,10M is actually a lot of money for VV ,people still don't get how cheap GKs actually cost ,for a 31 years old GK who has just 1 more year in his contract ,we are really lucky that Monaco want him :party1:

you want us to sell Alexis for just 18M!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If w have 18M offer for Alexis ,we should take it and run ,that is more than a fair price for him ,and if he stayed and didn't have a break out season ,10 will be the maximum we can get in 2014

jklz

So who are supposedly our options for centre back? Thiago Silva seems unlikely for his prize and Hummels said in Kicker that there hasn't been any contact with Barça and that he most certainly will stay at Borussia Dortmund next season. That pretty much leaves only Iñigo Martinez and Marquinhos? Are there more options?

Home of Barca Fans