Transfers and Rumours - old thread

Ursegor

World Champion
He is 1 year older. That usually lowers the price of a player regardless of his talent. He will be 29 year old this September so no youngster anymore either. Aside from that the wish of a player, should he really want a move/demand it, will also influence the price. So he will not necessarily be sold for a higher amount than he was bought for (40m). 35m could do it, I believe.

Errr ... If PSG don't want to sell they won't sell, simple as. According to your logic Ronaldo would be available for a decent fee around € 50 million or so. 4 years older than when he was when he was bought for € 96 million with only 2 years remaining on his contract and public declaration of "sadness".

There is 0 % probability that PSG will make a loss on Silva after 1 season. They aren't retarded.

loozy

I wouldn't mind him at Barca, he is still quality (but then again, the Valdes-curse strikes in his case, I reckon) but I prefer him to keep clean sheets at Liverpool :D

DucdeOrléans

Errr ... If PSG don't want to sell they won't sell, simple as. According to your logic Ronaldo would be available for a decent fee around € 50 million or so. 4 years older than when he was when he was bought for € 96 million with only 2 years remaining on his contract and public declaration of "sadness".

There is 0 % probability that PSG will make a loss on Silva after 1 season. They aren't retarded.

You don't get it do you? I already explained what could lower his price. PSG are not going to keep a player that desperately wants to leave. What kind of comparison is that? I said that he would probably be sold for an amount between 35-45m and you are making a ludicrous comparison with Ronaldo?:lol:

Last edited:

SoMa

Thiago silvas agent said in spanish radio that its impossible for Barcelona to sign Thiago this season, and Hummels confirmed he will stay at dortmund next season.

What now then?

Thiago silvas agent said in spanish radio that its impossible for Barcelona to sign Thiago this season, and Hummels confirmed he will stay at dortmund next season.

Like I said, stuff like that is said all the time, and doesn't usually mean much. It doesn't automatically mean we have no chance of getting Silva (or Hummels for that matter) next season. Didn't Silva's agent say a few days ago that they're open to a move?

Last edited:

Ursegor

World Champion
You don't get it do you? I already explained what could lower his price. PSG is not going to keep a player that desperately wants to leave. What kind of comparison is that? I said that he would probably be sold for an amount between 35-45m and you are making a ludicrous comparison with Ronaldo?:lol:

A fair comparison based on your statement:

DucdeOrléans said:
He is 1 year older. That usually lowers the price of a player regardless of his talent.

According to your logic Ronaldo should be available for a fee much lower than € 96 million. Because he is 4 years older now.

PSG won't sell Silva for less than they bought him for after 1 season. Common sense, really. Even if he handed in a transfer request (which he doesn't, he just stated that he likes Barcelona but joined PSG regardless because they came first), PSG are in no obligation to sell him for less than they bought him for. € 35 will certainly not do. PSG would be making a loss of almost € 10 million. Why would they agree with that? Because he is 1 year older now and has said that he likes Barca? I think the PSG owners don't give a fuck. :lol: Dude has a valid contract until 2017 when he will be 33.

Z

ZiZu

Well, it depends on what we are willing to offer obviously. I am sure that Thiago Silva would like to move to us like the vast majority of all football players. He already wanted to move to us when playing for Milan but PSG offered more.

Yes, he is the first choice. Has been that for 2 years now I believe.

One day it is 50m the other it is 100m. We will have to wait and see.

If I was in Zubi's place then I would sell Dani Alves, since he is only going to get worse and he is already 30 years old, to PSG or another club for 20-25 million euros and then buy Porto's Danilo who is very identical to Alves, just better defensively.

But obviously Zubi is not up for the task.

I understand that he wanted to sign for Barca last season BUT he'd already given his word to Leandro to ign for PSG , we were just too late . So in theory , if we could work a deal out he WOULD probably join us as he wouldn't be breaking a promise .

jamrock

I hope we sell alves to one of the french clubs are Russia, so we are able to get a good fee for him, he is one of our most sale able assets and we won't have to spend on his replacement in theory.

At least 20m

Z

ZiZu

He is 1 year older. That usually lowers the price of a player regardless of his talent. He will be 29 year old this September so no youngster anymore either. Aside from that the wish of a player, should he really want a move/demand it, will also influence the price. So he will not necessarily be sold for a higher amount than he was bought for (40m). 35m could do it, I believe.

Yes, it is 50m like every single summer under Rosell. The point is though that we don't know what amount we will receive from sales. Knowing how notoriously bad we are when selling I would not have high hopes for a big spending spree this summer.

Especially not when Tito, "the team is nearly perfect and does not need many changes", is around.

Seem to recall that the club have also said that we can "dip" into next years transfer fund if it's absolutely neccessary .

I hope we sell alves to one of the french clubs are Russia, so we are able to get a good fee for him, he is one of our most sale able assets and we won't have to spend on his replacement in theory.

At least 20m

If he's sold, he'll probably be replaced by Montoya. However, we'll have to buy another RB to be the backup. If we find a backup RB who'll cost less than what we'll get for Alves, we might want to sell him. Otherwise, keep him, even if Montoya becomes the starter. We need the depth.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans