Transfers and Rumours - old thread

Tonietto (agent Thiago Silva): "There is no chance Thiago will leave. Many clubs want him, but he has a contract and PSG won't sell." [ser]

So ... I've heard Vermaelen is available. :VdB:

Wasn't he saying a few days ago that they're open to a move and all that? Not to mention stuff like that is said a lot of the time, and usually doesn't mean that much.

I'd take it with a grain of salt.

loozy

Vermaelen who was relegated to the bench after struggling for the majority of the times he played?

Oh yes, Barca-material he is :troll:

Ursegor

World Champion
PSG are playing hard-ball with Real Madrid regarding Ancelotti despite him having only 1 year remaining on his contract and publicly stating that he'd like to coach Madrid. Silva has a contract until 2017. What makes you think PSG would sell him?

Let's get back to reality. We're not getting any of Silva, Hummels or Kompany and the scouting staff is completely clueless to discover lower profile talents like Varane. We're either getting no one and turn Adriano into a full time centerback or we'll splash desperate money on Marquinhos and he'll flop. Would be funny if we spent huge money on Marquinhos + Neymar and both flopped.

DucdeOrléans

Thiago Silva will only be sold for 35-45 million euros. I don't see us paying that much for him. So unless Rosell is willing to pay big then he will not come.

Kompany was never a serious target. Hummels will stay for another season.

I think they look at other options so we have to wait and see.

Players of Varane's talent are not hanging on the trees either.

Gilberto

Dani alves said he'd leave the door to any top club open, also PSG.
I think we should sell him. He is 30, he is not super beast anymore, we could cash in and montoya is a great replacement. We have enough backs with alba, abidal, adriano and montoya so that is not a problem.

Thiago Silva will only be sold for 35-45 million euros. I don't see us paying that much for him. So unless Rosell is willing to pay big then he will not come.

Isn't he our (or at least Tito's) first choice though? Not to mention that according to the reports, we could have a budget around 100m with sales. Plus he fits our needs perfectly (he's fast, good in the air, etc, etc). And he's the best CB in the world, so he's worth it. Despite the price, I can see us getting him.

Gilberto

We've discussed Thiago Silva before. He is probably the world's best defender but he's expensive, injury prone and old so buying him is a bit of a risk.

DucdeOrléans

Isn't he our (or at least Tito's) first choice though? Not to mention that according to the reports, we could have a budget around 100m with sales. And he's the best CB in the world, so he's worth it. Despite the price, I can see us getting him.

Well, it depends on what we are willing to offer obviously. I am sure that Thiago Silva would like to move to us like the vast majority of all football players. He already wanted to move to us when playing for Milan but PSG offered more.

Yes, he is the first choice. Has been that for 2 years now I believe.

One day it is 50m the other it is 100m. We will have to wait and see.

If I was in Zubi's place then I would sell Dani Alves, since he is only going to get worse and he is already 30 years old, to PSG or another club for 20-25 million euros and then buy Porto's Danilo who is very identical to Alves, just better defensively.

But obviously Zubi is not up for the task.

Ursegor

World Champion

Even if we bid € 40 million he wouldn't come. PSG paid more than € 40 million for him. Why would they sell him for less now? He has 4 more years on his contract and Barca is desperate.

Only way possible would be if Barca included a high-profile player in the deal. For example Alves.

LeoMessi10

PSG are playing hard-ball with Real Madrid regarding Ancelotti despite him having only 1 year remaining on his contract and publicly stating that he'd like to coach Madrid. Silva has a contract until 2017. What makes you think PSG would sell him?

Let's get back to reality. We're not getting any of Silva, Hummels or Kompany and the scouting staff is completely clueless to discover lower profile talents like Varane. We're either getting no one and turn Adriano into a full time centerback or we'll splash desperate money on Marquinhos and he'll flop. Would be funny if we spent huge money on Marquinhos + Neymar and both flopped.
I don't see what's funny about your club failing.. but i'll take your word for it that it would be " funny".

DucdeOrléans

Even if we bid € 40 million he wouldn't come. PSG paid more than € 40 million for him. Why would they sell him for less now? He has 4 more years on his contract and Barca is desperate.

Only way possible would be if Barca included a high-profile player in the deal. For example Alves.

He is 1 year older. That usually lowers the price of a player regardless of his talent. He will be 29 year old this September so no youngster anymore either. Aside from that the wish of a player, should he really want a move/demand it, will also influence the price. So he will not necessarily be sold for a higher amount than he was bought for (40m). 35m could do it, I believe.

It's 50m plus sales. So the 100m rumor does make sense.

Yes, it is 50m like every single summer under Rosell. The point is though that we don't know what amount we will receive from sales. Knowing how notoriously bad we are when selling I would not have high hopes for a big spending spree this summer.

Especially not when Tito, "the team is nearly perfect and does not need many changes", is around.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans