Transfers and Rumours - old thread

PaulFCB

Banned
Vermaelen-Vertonghen as CB's FTW? :lol:

Seriously, I think the press is neither writing to write something, or Barca are sick finally to buy for tons of cash cause nobody wants to sell to us if its not for 10 times the price and buy players from us virtually for free...

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
The Rodriguez+Moutinho thing is disappointing. It's like Hulk moving to Zenit for money after being a transfer target for clubs with ambition. It's a shame what a big influence a paycheck can have on some players.

89Norcal

The Rodriguez+Moutinho thing is disappointing. It's like Hulk moving to Zenit for money after being a transfer target for clubs with ambition. It's a shame what a big influence a paycheck can have on some players.

At least it's Ligue 1 though, some good competition and class players/managers there now. I always enjoy seeing a league rise up and challenge the perception that they should be written off by EPL/LL fans.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
It's nice to see a league rise up but not necessarily on the basis of rich owners making the sport more financial based. Teams that are rising up in a more noble way would be Atletico, Dortmund, etc. but moving to a team solely because they can pay the big buck isn't the most respectable thing.

89Norcal

Definitely see your point, but I guess the benefit is cash can't really buy chemistry or success everytime, just look at City in the CL or Anzhi and Zenit. PSG are probably 1 case as alot of their top players they bought in the last 2 years. But they did have some decent players rise up like Sakho and Marseilles still got close towards the end.

1 thing I notice is these rich clubs buying depth do put some of the traditional top clubs at a disadvantage in terms of competing both domestically and in Europe. Lille are a good example of a great club that couldn't quite cope.

Gilberto

It hurts my eyes to see these good players go to a shite club for the money only. The fact that cash can't buy chemistry is the only reason that it is still pretty fair...

BerkeleyBernie

It's nice to see a league rise up but not necessarily on the basis of rich owners making the sport more financial based. Teams that are rising up in a more noble way would be Atletico, Dortmund, etc. but moving to a team solely because they can pay the big buck isn't the most respectable thing.

cough (Madrid) cough

EPL for the most part is money clubs, and many other top clubs are money clubs as well. Bundesliga has built more of a homegrown training/feeder system in the last decade, but that's the exception.

Portuguese and Dutch leagues have been feeder systems for the top leagues for some years now.

I wouldn't equate the Porto players move to Monaco with Hulk's: Monaco could end up being a serious contender for the Ligue 1 title and a Champions League spot. More money AND a good team (with maybe Falcao in front)- why not switch?

Home of Barca Fans