Transfers and Rumours - old thread

The Rodriguez+Moutinho thing is disappointing. It's like Hulk moving to Zenit for money after being a transfer target for clubs with ambition. It's a shame what a big influence a paycheck can have on some players.

Tbf, they've moved to a team that has a good chance of being a title contender in one of the top 5 leagues (especially if they get Falcao). I don't think it's as bad as Hulk moving to Zenit.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Tbf, they've moved to a team that has a good chance of being a title contender in one of the top 5 leagues (especially if they get Falcao). I don't think it's as bad as Hulk moving to Zenit.

I'm yet to see how they perform as a unit, not just a group of expensive high profile players. Only then can we tell if they have a good chance of being title contenders.

khaled_a_d

The Rodriguez+Moutinho thing is disappointing. It's like Hulk moving to Zenit for money after being a transfer target for clubs with ambition. It's a shame what a big influence a paycheck can have on some players.

Actually it is gr8 deal for every body included ,those guys can start writing the history with new era in Monaco ,they weren't gonna be historically remembered player in any major club they were moving to ,but In Monaco with huge budget and serious project and ambitious owner they can ,they will also get paid ,I would actually say it is not just a gr8 deal financially but also best for their career

It's nice to see a league rise up but not necessarily on the basis of rich owners making the sport more financial based. Teams that are rising up in a more noble way would be Atletico, Dortmund, etc. but moving to a team solely because they can pay the big buck isn't the most respectable thing.

Do you really see any chance of At.Madrid winning league as they are currently instructed ? and don't you see how BVB struggling to keep their star players? they are actually selling to their rivals
I say it b4 and I would say it again ,since Bosman ruling the gap between the rich and poor clubs has been consistently increasing , do you seriously think clubs like Man City or Chelsea had any chance to win the league b4 being bought to rich owners? do you remember that their was a decade b4 them with Manu&Arsenal total dominance ? like it or hate but those owners has made EPL much better league ,and they are now doing the same with French ligue
if anything ,I hope that Liga will have some new rich owners ,It really needs them

BerkeleyBernie

Definitely true, but the reason they have the money is their succesful history. Those clubs have earned the money themselves.

Read Soccernomics. That is basically a function of those clubs serving large industrial centers, so more a matter of luck of geography (i.e. economic base) than of any great initiative.

XaviMessiGirl

Barcelona have contacted Lazio for the gk Marchetti, according to tomorrow edition of Corriere dello Sport

Happy-Epic-Win-Face.png

XaviMessiGirl

Is he any good?

I think he's a great choice, he's in my Fantasy Barca for a reason, I hope it's true. I don't usually trust Corriere dello Sport that much but they tend to be more accurate when it comes to Lazio.

Rosell & Zubi must have read my Marchetti thread :dance:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I think he's a great choice, he's in my Fantasy Barca for a reason, I hope it's true. I don't usually trust Corriere dello Sport that much but they tend to be more accurate when it comes to Lazio.

Rosell & Zubi must have read my Marchetti thread :dance:

Sounds good then. Lets see what happens ....... :)

Home of Barca Fans