Transfers and Rumours - old thread

Z

ZiZu

I'd be happy to get Gundogan if we lose Thiago though , he really reminds me of Xavi

i_bleed_blaugrana

No need for Gungodan, I know he's good but we have no need for him. Rather keep Thiago and Cesc, both know our game and will fufill their potential once they get consistent minutes (mainly Thiago in this case).

Don't write off Marquinhos either, I'd like both him and Martinez if we don't get TS, but he has a lot of potential. Keep in mind, we don't necessarily need a huge signing at CB. Puyol can still play, but he shouldn't be playing nearly as much as he did last season. Bc of that, Marquinhos/Martinez will split that remaining time with Masch. We just need depth so we can rotate more and I think Marquinhos/Martinez will be our version of Varane

No need for Gungodan, I know he's good but we have no need for him. Rather keep Thiago and Cesc, both know our game and will fufill their potential once they get consistent minutes (mainly Thiago in this case).

Don't write off Marquinhos either, I'd like both him and Martinez if we don't get TS, but he has a lot of potential. Keep in mind, we don't necessarily need a huge signing at CB. Puyol can still play, but he shouldn't be playing nearly as much as he did last season. Bc of that, Marquinhos/Martinez will split that remaining time with Masch. We just need depth so we can rotate more and I think Marquinhos/Martinez will be our version of Varane

We need a starter to replace Puyol, we can't rely on him any more. Wouldn't mind Marquinhos or Martinez if we can rely on them to start in the big games, at least by the time the first half of the season is over. There's a good chance of that not happening though (it took Varane a season and a half, though I do think it would take Marquinhos or Martinez less time), so I'd rather go for TS. My point is, we don't "just need depth," we need someone to replace Puyol as the starter.

Last edited:
Z

ZiZu

We don't need him NOW but there's rumours of Cesc and Thiago both being pinched so.....

Z

ZiZu

Hummels had a great game!!!!

Please Rosell go after him!

Really ??

I didn't see I'm make a tackle or find a team-mate with a pass . He passed to them with three consecutive passes at one time. Plus he's as slow as hell and wast even winning balls innthe air !!

i_bleed_blaugrana

Please buy Lewandowski and we'll win the next C1. (he can play at CB position of curse).

Sorry, no. We don't need a "big man" traditional 9 when we have a player who has a better strike rate playing as a false 9. He's no doubt world class, but I could see him struggling to adapt to our style, much like Ibra. Plus he won't start that much anyway and will want a solid starting spot. Personally I want him to stay at Dortmund, contrary to popular belief regardless of who leaves, that team isn't going anywhere and will be a top European contender for at least the foreseeable future. Why leave when you have everything you need already?

Puyol is still class guys, next season for the big games, we should still stick with Puyol-Piqué unless our new CB adapts incredibly quickly. Puyol just needs less time, like Xavi, bc he's older. With less games, he will be fresher and hopefully won't suffer as many injuries as he has in the past.

I love TS but he is very injury prone and he is in his prime already. We need someone who will hit his prime 1.5-2 years from now which is exactly the kind of player both Marquinhos/Martinez are. They are cheaper options that are risky but have a high chance of becoming the perfect CB for us. To reduce the risk, I would sign both of them now. Together they'd be 30-32 max and with the sales of either/or Sanchez and Villa (want him to stay), we could make a move for a GK if needed

i_bleed_blaugrana

Sunday Express Sport Headline : David Moyes plots £25m bid to bring Cesc Fabregas to Manchester United.

Let him come, has Fab showed at all he wants to leave? No. Plus it will take more than that, he's worth at least 35-40 mil.

Why would Barça sell him though? It's silly, he'd be wiser to go to Madrid if he wants a big signing. Di Maria would do well in the Premier League.

Z

ZiZu

L
Sorry, no. We don't need a "big man" traditional 9 when we have a player who has a better strike rate playing as a false 9. He's no doubt world class, but I could see him struggling to adapt to our style, much like Ibra. Plus he won't start that much anyway and will want a solid starting spot. Personally I want him to stay at Dortmund, contrary to popular belief regardless of who leaves, that team isn't going anywhere and will be a top European contender for at least the foreseeable future. Why leave when you have everything you need already?

Puyol is still class guys, next season for the big games, we should still stick with Puyol-Piqué unless our new CB adapts incredibly quickly. Puyol just needs less time, like Xavi, bc he's older. With less games, he will be fresher and hopefully won't suffer as many injuries as he has in the past.

I love TS but he is very injury prone and he is in his prime already. We need someone who will hit his prime 1.5-2 years from now which is exactly the kind of player both Marquinhos/Martinez are. They are cheaper options that are risky but have a high chance of becoming the perfect CB for us. To reduce the risk, I would sign both of them now. Together they'd be 30-32 max and with the sales of either/or Sanchez and Villa (want him to stay), we could make a move for a GK if needed

Struggle to fit in to our play ?

Have you seen his link up play and the one twos he did tonight ? He'd fit in nicely as he's like a lightening sat Berbetov .

He also shoots from anywhere and everywhere , something we are sadly lacking.

Home of Barca Fans