Transfers and Rumours - old thread

XaviMessiGirl

I wouldn't mind Ter Stegen but I would rather have Marchetti. Though I haven't read any rumors linking us to him for a while so I don't think we're looking at him that seriously.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
Hmmm...

Who else do you want?

It's not so much who I want over him (Casillas :lol:, De Gea, Courtois) as it is the fact I'm not impressed enough by him yet and I don't think he has that high of a potential.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I wouldn't mind Ter Stegen but I would rather have Marchetti. Though I haven't read any rumors linking us to him for a while so I don't think we're looking at him that seriously.

Im not sure about Marchetti... The only reason guys like Courtois, De Gea, ter Stegen have been linked to us is because we're looking for a young GK who will stay with us for a long time and Marchetti is 30.

But of course, Marchetti can play until 40 or so and most goalies gets better by age.

Whoever we get, I just hope that he gets everyones support and proves to be the right choice.

DonAK

It's not so much who I want over him (Casillas :lol:, De Gea, Courtois) as it is the fact I'm not impressed enough by him yet and I don't think he has that high of a potential.

I myself want Courtois over anyone else, but its very unlikely that we have a chance to get him. He's Chelsea's future #1 and I believe he will soon take over from Cech. And not to forget that Chelsea wont sell him for anything under 20m atleast! De Gea is also not coming any time soon which leaves us with options like ter Stegen, Reina, Marchetti etc.

XaviMessiGirl

Im not sure about Marchetti... The only reason guys like Courtois, De Gea, ter Stegen have been linked to us is because we're looking for a young GK who will stay with us for a long time and Marchetti is 30.

But of course, Marchetti can play until 40 or so and most goalies gets better by age.

Whoever we get, I just hope that he gets everyones support and proves to be the right choice.

I think Marchetti's age is perfect tbh & when he's too old then people like Ter Stegen, De Gea, Courtois, Perin ;), etc will be in THEIR primes. The only thing with that would be that it will probably be harder to get them when they are older.

DonAK

I think Marchetti's age is perfect tbh & when he's too old then people like Ter Stegen, De Gea, Courtois, Perin ;), etc will be in THEIR primes. The only thing with that would be that it will probably be harder to get them when they are older.

Yeah, you're right.

But I still would want us to go for ter Stegen or Courtois tbh.

F

forcabarca

How do you guys rate Victor Wanyama...I wouldn't mind this guy at Barça... Is Tito interested in him?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

89Norcal

Why not Mamadou Sakho? Young, tall, left-footed, strong in the air, can pass. Has contract to 2014 so should be relatively cheap.

That's been my proposal, surprised everyone here wants such expensive CB's though.

Anybody would be an upgrade over Mascherano at this point. He's best at CDM and thats it.

Duke

Diego Lopez since he will be benched next season, I'm sure he is thinking about his own fate post Mourinho departure.

ceefoo

Courtois has presented Chel$ki with somewhat of a problem (albeit a good one).

They probably wasn't expecting him to come good this early, and Cech still has at least another 6 seasons in him, at the highest level.

He (Courtois) is far too good to be a backup keeper and waste away on the bench.

So what do they do? Keep sending him on loan for the next 6 or so years? Will he be willing to wait that long?

....you see what i'm getting at?:shrug:

Home of Barca Fans