Transfers and Rumours - old thread

AzaR

Neymar cost 57 million. I didn't see that stopping them. Villa cost 40. Ibrahimović cost 46 + Eto.

Two completely different situations, one player who will be 29 in September with no resale value and a 21 year old who is one of the most marketable sports stars in the world.

Would much rather we look for a cheaper and younger alternative, If not cheaper then at least younger.

F

forcabarca

Having watched most of Chelsea's games last season, I can safely say that David Luiz is a pretty good option. He has to be told to curb his attacking runs though! I can't imagine Alves, Luis and Alba running forward only to leave Pique isolated at the back. :D

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Having watched most of Chelsea's games last season, I can safely say that David Luiz is a pretty good option. He has to be told to curb his attacking runs though! I can't imagine Alves, Luis and Alba running forward only to leave Pique isolated at the back. :D

I don't think a pairing between Luiz and Pique would work. Especially if the FB pairing is Alba/Alves. Luiz loves going forward, and Pique also does it from time to time. Plus, Luiz and Pique are both error-prone. Even if the fullback pairing is Alba/Montoya, I don't think Luiz would work. Plus, Luiz is a better CDM than CB.

Last edited:

0n0mat0p0eia

PSG WILL NOT sell us Thiago Silva!

When does wishful thinking/hope overtake logic in ppl's minds?

Someone give me ONE good reason for PSG to sell.

Here's a few, reasonably strong reasons, for them NOT to sell:

.the team don't need the money.
.the team are in the middle of a building project with the probable aim of being a team that can challenge for the CL.
.the player joined only a year ago, when he had other options, for the money on offer.
.the player hasn't asked for/indicated that he wants a transfer out.

F

forcabarca

Dani Alves and Neymar should convince Silva to join Barça. :rolleyes:

Stric

Two completely different situations, one player who will be 29 in September with no resale value and a 21 year old who is one of the most marketable sports stars in the world.

Would much rather we look for a cheaper and younger alternative, If not cheaper then at least younger.

No resale value? PSG paid 43M for him and here we are talking about spending 45+ for him a year later.

BTW, that's my point exactly. If we're spending huge amounts of money, we might as well spend it on someone who's worth it, not some kid that's got potential.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
I agree w/ TSilly not having much of a resale value. We're most likely not getting more than 10~ million for him after 2-3 seasons.

MessiDinho10

If we buy a young defender though, the player should get a lot of playing time which I doubt when Tito is the manager. He will always overplay Masche, Pique or Puyol rather than giving Bartra or the new player some more games (he must give Marc more playing time after his performances in the U21 tournament).

If we buy a young defender though, the player should get a lot of playing time which I doubt when Tito is the manager. He will always overplay Masche, Pique or Puyol rather than giving Bartra or the new player some more games (he must give Marc more playing time after his performances in the U21 tournament).

He shouldn't get playing time, he should be the starter IMO. There are quite a few young CBs who are good enough to start for us, i.e. Inigo Martinez and Marquinhos. Which isn't saying that much tbh, considering the fact that our CBs are Pique who's inconsistent (though I think having the right partner beside him would help this), Puyol who's old, injury prone and not what he used to be, and Masch who's not a CB.

Not sure buying a youngster is the way to go, but it'd be a hell of a lot better than buying a mediocre CB like Agger or Mathieu.

Last edited:

Stric

I agree w/ TSilly not having much of a resale value. We're most likely not getting more than 10~ million for him after 2-3 seasons.

Of course his price will start dropping after a few seasons, but I don't think it will drop that much. Alves is now 30 and has sucked for the past two seasons, and he's still valued at over 20 million. 26 according to Transfermarkt. And Alves was never valued at over 40, like TS is. Besides, why would we put such emphasis on resale value? We're not buying him only to sell him later. Barcelona is not a bazaar. We're buying him to improve the team. Even with his huge transfer fee, if this guy could help us win a few League titles and a CL during his contract, it would be money well spent, even if he eventually leaves for a small amount or on a free transfer.

Besides, why would we put such emphasis on resale value? We're not buying him only to sell him later. Barcelona is not a bazaar. We're buying him to improve the team. Even with his huge transfer fee, if this guy could help us win a few League titles and a CL during his contract, it would be money well spent, even if he eventually leaves for a small amount or on a free transfer.

This.

Gilberto

He has been a good player this season, but I don't see him playing for us.
He's injuryprone and also not a long-term solution because he is like 28?
He'd cost like 20m I've heard.

JamDav1982

He has been a good player this season, but I don't see him playing for us.
He's injuryprone and also not a long-term solution because he is like 28?
He'd cost like 20m I've heard.

Injury prone?

76 games the last two seasons and he has also been on the bench as not always been first choice.

He has played more games than Thiago Silva these past couple of seasons.

Home of Barca Fans