Transfers and Rumours - old thread

desoe

We are paying Roma 13m for Bojan this summer. Is this included in our transfer budget? Because it's basically a transfer.

CatalinR10

Vilanova continues to ask the club to try to sign PSG's Thiago Silva (28). Not convinced by alternatives like Agger, Inigo, Mathieu. [as]

mixer

Vilanova continues to ask the club to try to sign PSG's Thiago Silva (28). Not convinced by alternatives like Agger, Inigo, Mathieu. [as]
Make it happen!

TS was amazing yesterday against Japan.

We are paying Roma 13m for Bojan this summer. Is this included in our transfer budget? Because it's basically a transfer.
Yes, we are paying for him, but some clubs are interested in a transfer so we will probably recover the money anyway.

Stric

For once, I agree with Tito. If Barcelona plans to remain competitive among Europe's top teams, they can't settle for mediocre or OK players, they need to do everything in their power to get the best there is. We're not a club that buys half a dozen high-profile players each season, so we should really go for the best on the few occasions when we're spending a lot.

For once, I agree with Tito. If Barcelona plans to remain competitive among Europe's top teams, they can't settle for mediocre or OK players, they need to do everything in their power to get the best there is.

This. I wouldn't mind Inigo Martinez (though I'd prefer TS), but Agger or Mathieu... HELL FUCKING NO.

Last edited:
P

PhilS

Talking about the future, what do you guys expect from Marc Bartra (in the next few years)?

He certainly shows promise, though I don't know if he will get the level needed against RM and Bayern. Last season it was very bad for his development to go so many months not playing at all. When he finally got his turn, he clearly was not ready for the big time, which is to be expected with all that rust. So, I blame Tito for bad development.

It's really tough for someone who needs experience to get it on a team as good as Barca. Tito rode his stars hard the first half of last year. This was not great for the development of the younger players, but the team did go 18 wins and one draw, effectively winning La Liga by the middle of the season.

Maybe it would be best for Bartra, Deulofeu and Sergi Roberto to go on loan next season.

JamDav1982

This. I wouldn't mind Inigo Martinez, but Agger or Mathieu... HELL FUCKING NO.

I would take Mathieu as a squad player but not for more than 5/6m.

He was really impressive for Valencia when moved to center back and can step out and feel comfortable in the full back role if needed because of space left by Alba.

Dont want Agger at all.

Stric

You mean the infamous Zidanes and Pavones policy which led to Galacticos demise?

No, I mean the policy of not spending tens of millions every summer, but spending what it takes on the right player once every few years. I'm pretty sure that spending idiotic amounts of money on overhyped experiments like Sanchez and Neymar fits your analogy more than a transfer of Thiago Silva would.

desoe

The difference between Thiago Silva and some of the galacticos is pretty simple - in this case we really need Silva.

P

PhilS

For once, I agree with Tito. If Barcelona plans to remain competitive among Europe's top teams, they can't settle for mediocre or OK players, they need to do everything in their power to get the best there is. We're not a club that buys half a dozen high-profile players each season, so we should really go for the best on the few occasions when we're spending a lot.

They are trying to get that level of CB, but it is quite possible that that will not happen this summer, there just is not much supply. Despite being wiped out by Bayern, this was a very fine team last year. It would have been better with more experienced depth at CB. If a CB comes in who is just good, I think that could be enough for multiple trophies next season. Just a decent defense, with the best attack ever seen.

Stric

The difference between Thiago Silva and some of the galacticos is pretty simple - in this case we really need Silva.

If you put it that way, it's even more clear that Neymar fits that analogy more than TS. We didn't need Neymar. We will probably need a replacement for Villa, which Neymar is not, and additionally an improvement to our right wing, which again, Neymar is most likely not. But most of all we need a top-quality CB. But we decided to buy Neymar instead. So now we're looking at cheap mediocre players because we have no money for a player that would be a genuine improvement to our defense.

JamDav1982

If you put it that way, it's even more clear that Neymar fits that analogy more than TS. We didn't need Neymar. We will probably need a replacement for Villa, which Neymar is not, and additionally an improvement to our right wing, which again, Neymar is most likely not. But most of all we need a top-quality CB. But we decided to buy Neymar instead. So now we're looking at cheap mediocre players because we have no money for a player that would be a genuine improvement to our defense.

The lack of anyone other than Messi being able to change the game with an individual action was as big a problem as the defence.

Neymar or a player like him was 100% needed and is a huge upgrade.

Again, we probably have around 34M left since the Neymar money's being paid in installments over 3 years (meaning we're paying 16M up front, since we paid 10M beforehand and 47/3 = 16). Since Villa's probably going, we'll have around 44M. Could be enough for Silva. So I doubt that we only have enough money left for cheap mediocre players because of the Neymar transfer. Especially since we don't absolutely need a GK since Valdes isn't planning on leaving this summer.

Home of Barca Fans