Transfers and Rumours - old thread

Gilberto

And we will sell some players for sure, Afellay and Villa for instance. I wish the summer was over... Curious to see what is going to happen on the transfer market and I am impatiently waiting for the season to start.

Stric

Ah yes priorities. If something became clear the last couple of years is that our priorities aren't the same as Barça's. Neymar is a good player but it's not like we really needed him.
I'm still standing with my prediction pre-transfer season: Watch us sign Neymar and have no money left for our priorities. Mediocre centre back & mediocre goalie incoming. Luckily for us it seems like Valdés will stay another season so maybe we'll sign a decent goalkeeper next season (or at least pre-sign one this summer).

Spot on. :beer2:

Galning

Again, we're not paying the 57M up front. It's over 3 years. And we've already paid 10M. So we should have around 34M left (47/3 = 16, which is probably what we're paying up front. 50-16 = 34).

34M for Thiago Silva and a worldclass goalkeeper. Let's make it happen. Ah no wait; I forgot about the 10M we'll get for Villa. 44M. Good luck!

Irish_Cules

A goalkeeper really isn't necessary this summer with Valdes saying. I'll be annoyed if we sign a goalkeeper before a centre back. We should focus on signing a centre back next and whatever money is leftover (if there is any) can be spent on a keeper or whatever.

34M for Thiago Silva and a worldclass goalkeeper. Let's make it happen. Ah no wait; I forgot about the 10M we'll get for Villa. 44M. Good luck!

We don't absolutely need a GK, so sell Villa (I'd sell Pedro, actually, but it looks like it's Villa who'll leave) and pay 44 for Silva. If that doesn't work, 44 (or 54 if we sell Valdes) should be enough for a gook GK and CB, i.e. Marquinhos + ter Stegen (though they're both young). It's not like 44M will only be enough for a mediocre GK and CB like Reina + Mathieu. I'd focus on the CB first though, since Valdes isn't planning to leave.

Galning

A goalkeeper really isn't necessary this summer with Valdes saying. I'll be annoyed if we sign a goalkeeper before a centre back. We should focus on signing a centre back next and whatever money is leftover (if there is any) can be spent on a keeper or whatever.

Yeah exactly, that's what I said in my previous post. We're really lucky that he stays for another season because otherwise we could've been royally screwed.

We don't absolutely need a GK, so sell Villa (I'd sell Pedro, actually, but it looks like it's Villa who'll leave) and pay 44 for Silva. If that doesn't work, 44 (or 54 if we sell Valdes) should be enough for a gook GK and CB, i.e. Marquinhos + ter Stegen (though they're both young). It's not like 44M will only be enough for a mediocre GK and CB like Reina + Mathieu. I'd focus on the CB first though, since Valdes isn't planning to leave.

I didn't say 44M wasn't enough to sign a good defender and a good goalkeeper. I said I think we won't end up with two good players.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
We keep getting linked with bench players like agger or mathieu though, its like the board doesnt care at all about our backline problems.
Think about how much a quality defender would add to our cl chances.

Sure, but for what price?

45m + enormous salary for Silva?

I'd rather think long term than short term and sign two good and future great CBs tbh.

But I would obviously never ever say no to Silva if we have any chance to sign him........

Gilberto

I don't think we'll be able to get Silva, but I wouldn't complain if we actually did.

Talking about the future, what do you guys expect from Marc Bartra (in the next few years)?

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I don't think we'll be able to get Silva, but I wouldn't complain if we actually did.

Talking about the future, what do you guys expect from Marc Bartra (in the next few years)?

He can really develop into a WC CB, but will he get enough playing time to do so?

Who knows..... I wont blame him for leaving if he is asked to warm the bench for the most of next season like the recently concluded one.

B

beautifulgame

Marc Bartra will never be world class. He should be happy he is a professional at this level even.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
Bartra has been so much better there than he has for us; rock solid in the back and actually good aerially. I think all he needs at Barca is playing time, and he will develop just fine, maybe not to world-class level but he will certainly become an excellent center-back if he gets the playing time he needs.

eivissabcn

He's a good 3rd-4th CB for next seasons. But it's necessary a partner of Pique in the BC.
Tiago Silva is out of range, but it should be anyone better than Mathieu.

USWAY

Interesting to see Thiago completely overshadowed by Isco earlier this evening , the radio stations are raving about Isco with our wonder-kid not even getting a mention .

Mmmm are we over-estimating Thiago's quality , it wouldn't be the first time ......cough ..... Bojan .
No.

Home of Barca Fans