Transfers and Rumours - old thread

Please no. From what I've heard, he's worse than Mascherano.
The good news is, Chelsea probably won't sell him. Didn't we make a big offer for him last summer?
More good news, we've been linked to Hummels quite a bit recently. Really hope we go for him instead of David Luiz.

Last edited:

aaron101

IMO, Ter Stegen and Hummels would be the perfect signings in the summer.

yeah that's the best pair of signing we could get as they are both germans and came from the same league. nobody on the team speaks german as far as i know so that signing would really be great also because both can communicate well on defense.

also both are born leaders. watching Ter Stegen shout at his backline like a madman at such a young age is a good sign of leadership. Hummels is also a leader, he is good at orgazining the back four also and he is their 2nd captain. our defense would be so organized with them next season.

Indignado

yeah that's the best pair of signing we could get as they are both germans and came from the same league. nobody on the team speaks german as far as i know so that signing would really be great also because both can communicate well on defense.

also both are born leaders. watching Ter Stegen shout at his backline like a madman at such a young age is a good sign of leadership. Hummels is also a leader, he is good at orgazining the back four also and he is their 2nd captain. our defense would be so organized with them next season.

Ter Stegen and Hummels are both great players. Ter Stegen, though, is kind of arrogant and had a beef with Messi once during a friendly, plus, he's not really good with his feet. As for Hummels, he's one of the best defenders in the world, but I don't think we should spend so much (he would cost at least 30 million, rather 40) on a player in a position where we have 2 great players and 2 impressive talents.

A

Athletic

This is what must happen:
---------Buffon---------
Alves-Pique-DeRossi-Alba
-------Xavi-Pirlo--------
--------Iniesta---------
Gotze---Messi---Neymar

Indignado

This is what must happen:
---------Buffon---------
Alves-Pique-DeRossi-Alba
-------Xavi-Pirlo--------
--------Iniesta---------
Gotze---Messi---Neymar

I hope you're kidding... we're not a club that spends hundreds of millions on players. Plus, DeRossi is not a defender, Buffon is not that good anymore, Pirlo is not as good as Busquets and Götze can't play on the right wing. I think our current team is far superior to this one.

aaron101

Ter Stegen and Hummels are both great players. Ter Stegen, though, is kind of arrogant and had a beef with Messi once during a friendly, plus, he's not really good with his feet. As for Hummels, he's one of the best defenders in the world, but I don't think we should spend so much (he would cost at least 30 million, rather 40) on a player in a position where we have 2 great players and 2 impressive talents.

Well, we spent 35M on Alexis are also willing to spend 40M on an unproven Neymar then I think Hummels for 35-40M is just fine because he is a proven world class CB and ia only 24 .Singning him and saving Puyol for big games like El Clasico is not a bad idea. Also Puyol's succesor is secured with him.

On Ter Stegen, that arrogance will change as soon as he joins our team. Puyol will slap him if he carries thay arrogance in a blaugrana shirt.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
What was the "beef" about?

xavi_the_Boss

Where does all this obsession about Ter stegen come from?
Isn´t Kevin Trapp a much better keeper in the bundesliga?
Atleast this season he seems to be much better then Ter stegen and he is also only 22.

loozy

ter Stegen believes his own hype too much. I'd rather get Leno who is a more composed keeper yet still commands the defense enough. Plus, he went through the Stuttgart youth system and they have delivered great keepers in the past, Ulreich and Leno being the latest examples. He would not be as expensive as ter Stegen, either.

And as for arrogance: Hummels is arrogant, too.

@ xavi_the_Boss
Trapp is :worthy: I love him and he has much more potential than ter Stegen.

Zincubus

Banned
Please no. From what I've heard, he's worse than Mascherano.
The good news is, Chelsea probably won't sell him. Didn't we make a big offer for him last summer?
More good news, we've been linked to Hummels quite a bit recently. Really hope we go for him instead of David Luiz.

"worse than Mascherano "???

Masch has amazing at CB over the last 18 months or so including CL final, I recall .

A mistake or two in recent months doesn't make him a bad player .

Paganinisrvnge

I don't understand how anybody would rather buy Neymar instead of a world class CB like Hummels. We already have Messi, Pedro, Cuenca, Tello, Villa, Alexis, Fabregas, Iniesta, and Deulofeu(next season) for the front 3. Meanwhile, we saw what happened when both Puyol and Pique got injured.

"worse than Mascherano "???

Masch has amazing at CB over the last 18 months or so including CL final, I recall .

A mistake or two in recent months doesn't make him a bad player .

Mascherano isn't a CB. He's good at times, but too inconsistent (this season at least) IMO. I suppose he's ok at CB for not actually being a CB, but again, he's not a CB. Still though, from what I've heard of David Luiz, even Mascherano's better than him at CB.

Home of Barca Fans