Transfers and Rumours - old thread

Jadentheman

Iwould be surprised after Marquinhos that we get TS. Then we would really be set :D

Neymar, ter Stegen, Marquinhos, and TS all in one transfer. :rosell:

PaCmAn

Madrid don't even need Marquinhos, even if Pepe Le Pew leaves they have Ramos and Varane as centre backs. They only want him out of spite.

mixer

Monchengladbach goalkeeper Marc-Andre ter Stegen (21) would become second goalkeeper next season. The German would cost around 15M. [sport]

Barcelona want Inter goalkeeper Samir Handanovic (28) to replace Victor Valdes next year. The Slovenian would cost around 20M. [sport]

Stric

Yes, because Ter Stegen is obviously the best keeper in the world with huge top-level experience and automatically deserves to be the first-choice keeper in FC BARCELONA??!

Back to reality, guys. Ter Stegen is a 21-year-old with less than two years of experience at the professional level, and that's at Mönchengladbach, not Bayern, Barcelona, United or clubs like that.

Fourteen

Monster Masch
No Stric, the same paper is saying that Ter Stegen will become second choice to VV and then Handanovic will replace VV the following season.

What sense is there in that?

Stric

I don't see what's wrong with that, other than the fact we'd pay a lot for a 2nd choice keeper. Otherwise, Ter Stegen is a youngster with no experience at this level, and has no business being a starter for a huge club like Barcelona. As far as I am concerned, 2nd choice is as far as he can go for the time being. Although it would make more sense for him to develop further somewhere where he can get more playing time (that's why the loan back to his own club sounds OK to me), so by the time we'd be done with Handanović, he could step in. But I'm against both of these options, anyway.

I

instinct

The problem is that we need immediate success and the 15m are important for others players, we want to sign. Furthermore, next year the price for him falls because of one year less in his contract. The only wise decision is wether to buy Handanovic or another goalkeeper and to make him a starter immediately or to buy 2 new goalkeepers next year.

Home of Barca Fans