Transfers and Rumours - old thread

mixer

Barcelona will in the coming days make a formal 25-28M bid for Roma centre back Marquinhos (19). Roma want 35-40M for the player. [gazzetta]

35-40M?! People are stupid. Anyway, I would buy him for any money, if we can't get anyone else.

He is quite tall and fast. We need him.

Last edited:

SwiftGuyver

If Roma don't except an initial bid of 25-28m then we should leave it IMO. I really rate Marquinhos, I think he could prove to be a world class defender and I would love him at Barca but 25-28m is probably too much anyway and 35-40m is a joke. I mean seriously come on they buy him for 4-5m, he has 1 decent season and now he's worth 35-40m?! Fuck off.

If Roma turn down 25-28m for Marquinhos then we should just offer 40-45m for Thiago Silva.

PaulFCB

Banned
If someone offers 130m for Messi would you sell him? Probably you would just ask $1 billion, then there's 2 chances: They leave or they take it, both are perfect. You're not the sucker if you ask.

Juan Shoe

Thiago Silva's salary is the main reason he will not be in Barcelona. FCB missed its chance to sign him. He will not fit into the wage structure. Total non-starter of a deal.

David Luiz is the best option in my opinion. 25 million bid, salary will fit. Technical fit.

Marquinhos for anything over 20 is a farce.

Minor problem with Luiz being he will never, ever be a centre half. He simply doesn't have the mid-set or game intelligence to play there. He's a complete liability at the back and would be an expensive step backwards.

ebc_99

25 should be the limit for Marquinhos, he has a lot of potential but it is still a big risk as he may never reach that potential.

I think the board will push really hard for Thiago Silva as he is the best option, he is only 28 so can play at the top level for another 5 years providing he stays away from serious injury. The team needs players who are at the top level now because Xavi and Iniesta will not be around forever, there is no point getting in a young defender who will be world class in a few years when Xavi is retired and Iniesta is over the hill. Messi may not be at this level forever either, we have to make hay now, we have the best midfield and a wonderful forward line so now we need a top class defence.

If Tito gets the players he wants and they fit the team then with a few tactical tweaks we will be on top again. We are not far away, look at the difference Martinez made to Bayerns midfield and Dante to their defence. Silva, Neymar and Montoya at RB may be all we need.

mixer

If Roma don't except an initial bid of 25-28m then we should leave it IMO. I really rate Marquinhos, I think he could prove to be a world class defender and I would love him at Barca but 25-28m is probably too much anyway and 35-40m is a joke. I mean seriously come on they buy him for 4-5m, he has 1 decent season and now he's worth 35-40m?! Fuck off.

If Roma turn down 25-28m for Marquinhos then we should just offer 40-45m for Thiago Silva.

If they don't accept 25-28M, then 30M should be the final offer IMO

impeh

Hi, its me..
Manchester United have made a bid for Everton defender Leighton Baines - Everton have told #ssn Baines is not for sale.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Liverpool striker Luis Suarez has agreed personal terms with Real Madrid. (Source: Star)

What the hell. When are they gonna start selling some guys :lol:

Home of Barca Fans