Transfers and Rumours - old thread

mixer

What if Tito decides not to buy any defender if Thiago Silva doesn't come?

NoYaoMing-150x150.jpg

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
What we paid for Alexis is a sunk cost, it is not relevant as it cannot be recovered. What is relevant is what is best for the team in the future. Alexis might have huge potential, and so might Marquinhos.

In my personal opinion - based on Alexis' past performances, the fact that we have too many forwards, our need for quality centre backs - this swap would benefit the team greatly.
Yes it is... Even though we cannot recover all of it now, we could force a clause in his transfer fee like say a bit of money when he reaches a landmark amount of goals for his new club. The same cannot be forced off Roma if we are including him in the deal. Besides, a forward is valued above a defender and we should do the same too. Alexis, even with his below par performance for us, is still more valuable than Marquinhos who has only had one good season yet.

I am not denying we need a defender more than we do with Alexis but such a deal would still be a bad business.

khaled_a_d

We paid €26 million (and God knows how much as bonus) for Alexis... It would be a colossal failure on our part if we accept the bid.

I know Alexis didn't turn out be the huge signing for us as expected but he has still got huge potential and could turn out to be the value for money wherever he ends up. His skill is a sure thing, it's a pity he couldn't suit our tactics.
Besides, Marquinhos isn't worth that high, not yet anyway!!

It was an absolute failure to pay 26 for him , but we have to deal with the reality ,Alexis isn't worth anything more than 20M for any team ,if we include him in a deal with Marquinhos it would be good decision ,cut our loses with 1 player while getting another gr8 one

KluivertsBoots

It was an absolute failure to pay 26 for him , but we have to deal with the reality ,Alexis isn't worth anything more than 20M for any team ,if we include him in a deal with Marquinhos it would be good decision ,cut our loses with 1 player while getting another gr8 one

Alexis is easily worth the fee Barca paid for him in a team not including Messi. Alexis isn't going anywhere in my opinion, and I don't see Tito green lighting a move for a 19-year old CB.

Alexis' big challenge is proving he can play with Messi. I think he can play well with Messi provided he starts on the left, but he's never played there when Messi's in the line-up. Of course, Villa was #1 in the position when Sanchez arrived. Tello has also emerged as an option for the left.

Now, you have Neymar to replace Villa. I don't believe Alexis will be in the best position to succeed as a result. Alexis doesn't work well in tandem with Messi and Alves on the right. He doesn't have the freedom of movement he needs.

Alexis is a big time talent, but I don't believe he can show his full range at Barcelona on his native right flank. His best position in the Barca system is LF, and the club has plenty of cover in this position currently (Neymar, Tello, Deulofeu).

Stric

Marquinhos for Sanchez? There's actually a club that wants Sanchez? Why are we even still having this conversation? I hope their plane tickets are secured.

Stric

Atletico Madrid and Malaga are interested in Bojan Krkic (22). Barcelona want to include a buy-back option in a possible deal. [md]

I wouldn't mind seeing him in either of those clubs.

AvocadoCake

Atletico Madrid and Malaga are interested in Bojan Krkic (22). Barcelona want to include a buy-back option in a possible deal. [md]

If we can get a better price without including a buy-out, I'd be okay with that.

Stric

I'm surprised to see (I know it's just a rumor) that Barcelona still want a buy-back option. Looks like they still haven't given up on him entirely.

KluivertsBoots

Marquinhos for Sanchez? There's actually a club that wants Sanchez? Why are we even still having this conversation? I hope their plane tickets are secured.

Several clubs would bid for Sanchez if the club put him up for sale. All of the top Premier League and Serie A teams would bid. PSG would probably jump in too.

He'd have no shortage of options.

SwiftGuyver

Another buy-back option?!

Why?!

Just sell him for as much as you can get and move on...

abual3bed1

This buy-back option is BS. Can't they see it already that this man's career isn't in Barcelona. What annoys more that I read a couple of days back that they are gonna let Cuenca go without this buy-back clause. Our management is either stupid or someone has just hypnotized them completely.

Jadentheman

Just can't let go of cantera talent can't they? Don't want another potential Cesc like drama even though I am pretty sure Bojan is a flop

0n0mat0p0eia

Have to agree with what someone already said. If a player wants to leave, let him leave.

You put in a buy-back in case the player goes on to be great. If you think he might be great, keep him at the club and bring him on ourselves; and give him the minutes on the pitch.

ryuken

This buy-back option is BS. Can't they see it already that this man's career isn't in Barcelona. What annoys more that I read a couple of days back that they are gonna let Cuenca go without this buy-back clause. Our management is either stupid or someone has just hypnotized them completely.

I choose the 1st one.

Home of Barca Fans