Transfers and Rumours - old thread

loozy

And which players are you talking about? Barrios? Kagawa? Degen? Frei? Those were not very good. Though Kagawa is still having a hard time I think he'll be fine eventually.
I'm sure this years BvB has some top class players, and some yet to be. It wont change with the wind. Hummels, Gotze, Reus, Lewandowski. They will be good where ever they go, or to say- if they are willing to go.

Kagawa was considered among the top 5 players of the BuLi at the time. I give him that he needs to adjust to the PL still but he has not shone as much as I thought he would.

Wasn't Barrios or Sahin voted Player of the Season in 2010? And whatever happened to them? Sahin could not even get into a mediocre Liverpool-side (though I desperately wanted him to, I think he is quality).

I think Lewandowski is the one player most willing to go as there have been rumours surrounding him since the beginning of the season and he has never come out and outright said anything to contradict them (correct me if I am wrong). I honestly don't rate Hummels as highly as the majority of this board do and I think that he would struggle during his first season here and I don't see Reus or Götze leave anytime soon so the jury is out on them until they do (though their partnership is quite nice to look at).

khaled_a_d

Lucas Barrios also left Dortmund and disappeared from view and apparently now wants to return to Dortmund.

We might be able to add Lewandowski to that list ;) Beside, Dortmund players know what they have, how they are valued at the club and everything so that can explain why they are reluctant to leave, especially when you take their displays at their respective national teams under consideration as well. Neither of the players have particularly shone when playing on a constant basis which just goes to show that they are suited to the Dortmund- system. Adapation to another system would take quite the amount of time and I am not sure if Barca would manage that with Hummels, especially with Piqué and the other Spanish players away at the Confed Cup and thus missing parts of pre-season

Lucas Barrios isn't that good and moved to China ,he was just looking to get paid ,won't count him tbh
Hummels was by far Germany best defender in last Euro ,Reus and Gotze are doing well for them too
Hummels is just perfect fit to barca system ,he should be our number 1 target ,it is up to the negotiation (price ,availability ,his desire to join us etc) to see if he is coming or not ,but we should at least make an offer

loozy

Lucas Barrios isn't that good and moved to China ,he was just looking to get paid ,won't count him tbh
Hummels was by far Germany best defender in last Euro ,Reus and Gotze are doing well for them too
Hummels is just perfect fit to barca system ,he should be our number 1 target ,it is up to the negotiation (price ,availability ,his desire to join us etc) to see if he is coming or not ,but we should at least make an offer

Well, that Barrios was just looking to make money was obvious the moment he moved to China. He made a laughing stock out of himself with that move, imo.

Regarding Hummels, let's agree to disagree :beer2:

Doobs

The Messiah
Borussia Monchengladbach goalkeeper Marc-Andre ter Stegen (20) has signed a pre-deal with Barcelona. He'll join for 4 seasons. [marca tv]

Looks like it's an old rumor already. Definitely BS though.

Last edited:

Boris

Ja, das is quatsch, aber ..... Even if it was true, do you think they would confirm transfer agreement in the mid season ? ofc not.
My opinion is that we'll buy a Spanish GK, but I can't deny I like Stegen very much!

loozy

I do think that ter Stegen might a target or they might even have signed an agreement already, however I doubt they would reveal it before the end of the season due to the pressure it might put him under from the fans. He is one of their prized possessions and fans might be less than impressed if he leaves them, even if it is for Barca (just remember what happened to Neuer).

I do think that ter Stegen might a target or they might even have signed an agreement already, however I doubt they would reveal it before the end of the season due to the pressure it might put him under from the fans. He is one of their prized possessions and fans might be less than impressed if he leaves them, even if it is for Barca (just remember what happened to Neuer).

This.

aaron101

We actually need 2 GK's. Next season is Pinto's last with us. So basically we are losing 2 well experienced GK's.

Corb

Special 1, 2, 3, 4, 5...
Who is Ter Stegen? I never heard about him before. To be fair, I am not a pundit on German football.

aaron101

For Pinto's replacement, we'll just need someone cheap who's willing to sit on the bench.

Why don't we get someone like Pinto. An old experienced GK who is a starter for lower or mid table teams. Pinto worked very well for us. Actually Diego Lopez was the one i liked to replace Pinto but then he went back to RM. Maybe those reports saying that we are targeting Reina is true. Maybe not for Valdes but to replace Pinto.

To be honest, I wouldn't really mind if Reina comes back, as long as he is willing to sit on the bench and play the cup games and come for a cheap price.

khaled_a_d

We actually need 2 GK's. Next season is Pinto's last with us. So basically we are losing 2 well experienced GK's.

1 GK for now ,Pinto proved to be a solid back up GK for around 5 years now , next year it will be easier job to replace him and may be a GK from youth team prove to be worth getting back up GK slot (Ondoa may be? )

ShandyFFM

get kevin trapp from eintracht frankfurt.... god damn...

http://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/...t-frankfurt-32/42122/spieler_kevin-trapp.html

just take a look at his game ratings.... his worst game was 3,0 ...... its incredible although if you notice that he playing for eintracht frankfurt nd not for a big club.... frankfurt currently 4th in the league... now you know why... with a 2,19 overall rating hes the second best just behing ribery in the league... now what

Home of Barca Fans