Transfers and Rumours - old thread

Gaudi

Yep, here in Croatia also on Pep for Luiz, 40 mil apparently. So, did Bayern found oil or something?

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
What do you mean?

I mean, that they payed much more for Higuain who isn't imo that much better. Higuain is a beast when on form and he has a good day, unfortunately when he doesn't he is just off and doesn't add much to the team or individually - which is quite often.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Nápoles should be paying more for Alexis than they did for Higuain... Agreed Alexis hasn't clicked with us, but he's been a beast in Italy! So the amount of risk they took for Higuain is definitely more than Alexis! Besides, Alexis is a year younger than Higuain and Higuain had his injury issues too!!

Bertus

According to the Daily Star, Tottenham is insterested in PSG player Pastore.

Following the rumors about Gareth Bale's tranfer to Madrid, the PL club is planning to make a bid on Pastore to replace his star which should be transfered to Madrid.

Pastore has a current market value around 25m euros..

KluivertsBoots

Porto are referring Jackson Martinez (CF, Colombia) suitors to his 40m euro clause. I think I'd like to own Porto. PROFIT MACHINE. Can't wait to see Colombia at next summer's World Cup.

L

Learo

Nápoles should be paying more for Alexis than they did for Higuain... Agreed Alexis hasn't clicked with us, but he's been a beast in Italy! So the amount of risk they took for Higuain is definitely more than Alexis! Besides, Alexis is a year younger than Higuain and Higuain had his injury issues too!!

Its Barca. If he'll leave, he will go for 10-15m euros, or possibly be loaned out for the remainder of his contract with us paying part of his wages. Thats how we roll!

Last edited:

mixer

Alexis was injured frequently over past 2 seasons!! I remember when he got injured during a match and Pep was so pissed off because it was happening too often!!

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Alexis was injured frequently over past 2 seasons!! I remember when he got injured during a match and Pep was so pissed off because it was happening too often!!
Pep was pissed because he played a meaningless friendly for his NT at high altitude when we had a match within 3 days... He got injured because of fatigue and that's the reason Pep was pissed as the injury was totally avoidable. Nothing to do with the frequency of his injuries.

I mentioned Higuain's injury reasons because he was out for a really long period and had to undergo a surgery to get fit again... These kind of injuries (and the surgery that follows) generally have a detrimental impact on player's fitness levels. They generally make them injury-prone

Last edited:

Zincubus

Banned
It's a different situation. Luiz isn't the most important player in Chelsea and he's not a captain.

Bayern have supposedly offered €40 million for Luiz , maybe we should have gone on sooner for him and got him for much less ...

According to La Gazzetta dello Sport, Napoli are considering to make a 20M bid for Alexis Sanchez (24).

Sorry but I'd take €20 million for Sanchez given the last two years

I wish we could get Gundogan this would be my biggest wish. He would change our game so much. Sell cesc to manu and get him would be like a dream.

I see Cesc being a very important player for Barca this and coming seasons , I have no idea why so many Barca fans don't rate him , especially as he's usually been played out of position to help the team .

Its about time we get some german players as he bundeliga is going to be the best league in he comming years. Although the youth player and their education is impressive in germany

I'd sell Sanchez and Pedro and break the bank to get Drexler !

Mhm, right. And they just payed how much for Higuain?

The Sun (crap source of course) says that Pep and Bayern are interested in Luiz as well :mou:
Yeah , everyone's reporting that Bayern have approached Chelsea for Luiz .

Its Barca. If he'll leave, he will go for 10-15m euros, or possibly be loaned out for the remainder of his contract with us paying part of his wages. Thats how we roll!

I reckon we will do well to get €20 million going off the last two seasons .

L

Learo

I see Cesc being a very important player for Barca this and coming seasons , I have no idea why so many Barca fans don't rate him , especially as he's usually been played out of position to help the team .

Has Cesc usually been played out of position? What position is that? Messi has played false 9 in 99% of our games, so obviously not the false 9 position. What position are you referring to as Cesc has usually played?

I reckon we will do well to get €20 million going off the last two seasons .

Considering Madrid got 23m for bench/in the stands players Raul Albiol and Callejon, I think we could do better.

Zincubus

Banned
Has Cesc usually been played out of position? What position is that? Messi has played false 9 in 99% of our games, so obviously not the false 9 position. What position are you referring to as Cesc has usually played?

Considering Madrid got 23m for bench/in the stands players Raul Albiol and Callejon, I think we could do better.

We Cesc played quite a few games up front and /or on the left wing , he was always behind Xavi and Iniesta in the pecking order but this coming season I'd play him ahead of Xavi as I feel there were very clear indications that Xavi is on the wain whereas Cesc improved as the season went on .

As to your other point I'd like to see the comparative stats of Sanchez and Callejon , should make interesting reading .

L

Learo

We Cesc played quite a few games up front and /or on the left wing , he was always behind Xavi and Iniesta in the pecking order but this coming season I'd play him ahead of Xavi as I feel there were very clear indications that Xavi is on the wain whereas Cesc improved as the season went on .

I can hardly remember any game where Cesc played on the left wing instead of Iniesta, while Messi was always playing as false 9 whenever he played and Messi played alot last season (almost 60 games?). My impression is that Cesc played 95% of the time in midfield.

As to your other point I'd like to see the comparative stats of Sanchez and Callejon , should make interesting reading .

Stats are useless IMO. Iniesta had one assist and zero goals in the Euro 2012 and was the player of the tournament. Sanchez was a god in Serie A, while Raul Albiol is a player that has been rotting away for years and still fetches 12m euros. Sanchez should fetch far more than a mediocre defender, but knowing us, we will probably loan Alexis out and pay some of his salary if we want to get rid of him.

SeloBarca

Cesc is not the "midfielder" posession type of player like Xavi and Iniesta. He should play beside Xavi if anything, unfortunally we already have a much better player in that position in Iniesta.
Hes a good player, but hes not the one to take over Xavis position, it just wouldnt work, and havent worked when we have tried it.

Home of Barca Fans