Transfers and Rumours - old thread

xxxxxx

Let's fix our defensive problems with the signing of Neymar.

I'm literally not surprised they won't sign a CB this season, because Rosell loves to cheap is out way of spending. We technically haven't spent anything this year.... if anything, we're in the profit.

Zincubus

Banned
David Luiz misses another game tomorrow , still suffering with a 'sore hamstring' ;)

Yet he's trained today apart from the squad ..... I wonder .

Bertus

David Luiz misses another game tomorrow , still suffering with a 'sore hamstring' ;)

Yet he's trained today apart from the squad ..... I wonder .

Injured player who can still train doesn't do it with the squad.

At least, that's how it always is at PSG.

That's how it was when messi was injured.

oz187

If they use Bartra and Adriano proactively as CB rotation from early on in the season, that would help protect the 3 frontline defenders from injury and mean they have a better chance available at the business end of the season.

Zincubus

Banned
Let's fix our defensive problems with the signing of Neymar.

I'm literally not surprised they won't sign a CB this season, because Rosell loves to cheap is out way of spending. We technically haven't spent anything this year.... if anything, we're in the profit.

I guess with Messi AND Neymar playing in the same team we could be scoring 4+ goals near enough every game then all the defence has to do is keep the score at the other end down to 3 or less . ;)

Zincubus

Banned
I wanna see us acquire David Luiz jsut to see the Chelsea forums meltdown.

Isn't The Telegraph supposed to be responsible newspaper ??

" It is understood that Barcelona made contact with Chelsea on Tuesday and representatives have been in London to signal their intention of bidding for Luiz and may even have finally submitted a formal offer — although it is likely that they will offer just under £34.5 million."

KluivertsBoots

I enjoyed the mini-meltdown in this thread today over an MD article.

Rosell may very well be incompetent, but I don't believe he is stupid. He will sign a CB just to prevent being run out of Barcelona if nothing else.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
I know he has his critics but Luiz is good on the ball and has the speed to cope in our high line. I also think most of his defensive errors are from being in a team that defends deep, he's not a Terry like player (Terry suffered in a high line, while Luiz would do well in that system). He's the defender with the most Barça DNA out there in terms of playing style.

He's probably the best available out of the big names that are left. Although nothing suggests that Chelsea would sell him. I'm just worried that he's too similar to Pique and we need a defender that can cover, I'm not sure that's Luiz game usually the other centre back covers for him.

Last edited:

KluivertsBoots

He's probably the best available out of the big names that are left. Although nothing suggests that Chelsea would sell him. I'm just worried that he's too similar to Pique and we need a defender that can cover, I'm not sure that's Luiz game usually the other centre back covers for him.

Piqué's best as a sweeper IMO. He doesn't have the recovery ability to justify being as aggressive as he'd like to be going forward. Luiz, on the other hand, has greater range than Piqué. He is an interception machine and nimble with the ball at his feet. Luiz also gives you the Brazilian element of the unknown when he unleashes a long shot.

Luiz will not solve issues with high balls in open play, but he is a good jumper on set pieces. In open play, Luiz is all about the ground game. I don't see a problem with Piqué staying home and doing what he does best, sweeping. It is his most natural game. Piqué covers for freaking Ramos on international duty.

Last edited:

ShandyFFM

We will end up bhying a CB for a huge amount of money. Because we are Barca and Barca doesnt buy players no one knows yet. Unlike Dortmund or Bayern. I really think we need at least two new players for the CB position.

Home of Barca Fans