Transfers and Rumours - old thread

oz187

The same as last year actually..and last year, after he supposedly returned to full fitness in August, he injured himself again in the friendly against PSG and played liked that until Barca-Milan

No, it's not the same as last year. Last year he got injured in May, this year he's been out of action since March. Also, like you said, last year he played a friendly against PSG in August. This year they're not taking any risks and waiting for him to fully recover. So he's going to have 6 months not playing this year compared to 3 months last year. Big difference.

Puyol said:
The Catalan defender also explained that he wants to be completely healthy when he returns to the pitch. “I’m getting better. I really want to train with the rest of the players, but I can’t do that just yet. I’m not putting down any date for when I’ll be back. It’s been a hard year with three operations and when I do come back I want to be sure I am 100%.

Stric

I love how our first low-ball bid, which is guaranteed to be rejected, is made on August 7th. :facepalm: Since we've had some things happen during this summer, the club should quit beating around the bush and cut straight to the chase - make a real offer, one that would possibly even be accepted. We don't have time to play the negotiation game this late in the transfer window. What a bunch of amateurs.

No, it's not the same as last year. Last year he got injured in May, this year he's been out of action since March. Also, like you said, last year he played a friendly against PSG in August. This year they're not taking any risks and waiting for him to fully recover. So he's going to have 6 months not playing this year compared to 3 months last year. Big difference.

Plus, the doctors said this year's surgery was much less intrusive than last year's.

sabby

:lol: EVERYONE and I mean EVERYONE are just messing with us these days. Geez.

I say we open a 2nd division club under different name and let them handle the young player transactions. They will scout and buy in cheap and then we will buy from them. :lol:

The amount we overpay for players, we can easily open 5 more clubs in la liga.

Jadentheman

If we really don't buy a CB we could scrape by if we play:

Bagnack- relegation zone games
Bartra- lower to high mid table games
Masch- spread around playing time and some bigger games
Puyol- big games and occasional small games
Pique- most games, periodical rest

Switch it around a little and we'll have an acceptable amount of playing time and rest for each player, it won't be airtight but it'll have to do if we don't purchase to reinforce depth. I still think we really do need to get one, 99% of people do, but if we don't the rotation will look something like that.

Sounds good DonAndres

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I love how our first low-ball bid, which is guaranteed to be rejected, is made on August 7th. :facepalm: Since we've had some things happen during this summer, the club should quit beating around the bush and cut straight to the chase - make a real offer, one that would possibly even be accepted. We don't have time to play the negotiation game this late in the transfer window. What a bunch of amateurs.

Well said.

Puyol the wall

sent-up-the-bomb

Plus, the doctors said this year's surgery was much less intrusive than last year's.

yeah why not, just bid 50m straight away and be the laughing stock of world football, the fact that we are bidding for a cb so late is worrying but that doesn't mean we should overpay specially for an overrated player if you ask me coz he is not worth anything beyond 25m and you guys think he is worth beyond 35m

JamDav1982

yeah why not, just bid 50m straight away and be the laughing stock of world football, the fact that we are bidding for a cb so late is worrying but that doesn't mean we should overpay specially for an overrated player if you ask me coz he is not worth anything beyond 25m and you guys think he is worth beyond 35m

Luiz is worth much more than 25m in todays market. When you consider what other players are going for.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana

If we make a really high bid first, Chelsea could always ask for more. And in the the long run we'd be more likely to pay more than we would have if our first bid is low.

Puyol the wall

sent-up-the-bomb
why would we pay more than what we've offered now??? you guys just don't get what a big gamble luiz is unless we get him for less than 25m, I don't understand what he'll bring to the team that masch doesn't, obviously masch problem is his concentration and ruthlessness, the only thing that luiz has over masch is that he is a natural CB but all the other qualities are similar, maybe a little bit better when defending from dead balls, does he read the game better??? I don't think so, there could be a few situations where he did really well but there are also situations where he looked like he didn't have a clue, Thiago Silva was our trump card, I didn't mind spending 40m for him and you guys thought that was too much for him

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
^^

I agree. What we should be doing is going for guys like N'koulou or Mangala. Hell, why didn't we sign Vergini for free? We could use the depth.

barca1899

Rodgers (coach Liverpool): "There were big clubs looking to sign Agger, but he told me he'll be at Liverpool for as long as I want him to."

JamDav1982

why would we pay more than what we've offered now??? you guys just don't get what a big gamble luiz is unless we get him for less than 25m, I don't understand what he'll bring to the team that masch doesn't, obviously masch problem is his concentration and ruthlessness, the only thing that luiz has over masch is that he is a natural CB but all the other qualities are similar, maybe a little bit better when defending from dead balls, does he read the game better??? I don't think so, there could be a few situations where he did really well but there are also situations where he looked like he didn't have a clue, Thiago Silva was our trump card, I didn't mind spending 40m for him and you guys thought that was too much for him

I like Masch and think he has been the best CB the last couple of seasons but Luiz brings pace, power aerial ability etc that not one of the current CBs have.

Barcelona have a team of small nimble players but are getting crucified at set pieces. Real Madrid scored 4 goals from corners last season in 6 games against Barca. Bayern scored from 2 corners in the 4-0 game.

Clearly more power and aerial ability is needed.

Puyol the wall

sent-up-the-bomb
^^

I agree. What we should be doing is going for guys like N'koulou or Mangala. Hell, why didn't we sign Vergini for free? We could use the depth.

why not sign bale for 125m and troll Real madrid again, hell why not sign rooney for 60m and swap messi for thiago silva

Home of Barca Fans