Transfers and Rumours - old thread

LM10

why would we pay more than what we've offered now??? you guys just don't get what a big gamble luiz is unless we get him for less than 25m, I don't understand what he'll bring to the team that masch doesn't, obviously masch problem is his concentration and ruthlessness, the only thing that luiz has over masch is that he is a natural CB but all the other qualities are similar, maybe a little bit better when defending from dead balls, does he read the game better??? I don't think so, there could be a few situations where he did really well but there are also situations where he looked like he didn't have a clue, Thiago Silva was our trump card, I didn't mind spending 40m for him and you guys thought that was too much for him

i agree with you. spending over 25 million for luiz is a gamble defensively. he might fit barcelona style, but we are going to get killed int he counterattacks. I'll rather go after that kid Doria. He is raw but his ceiling is high. we could of bought marquihnos for 8 million euros but thought that was too high and vertoghen. zubi and rosell just want to keep buying high profile guys and that's not what we need to do.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
why not sign bale for 125m and troll Real madrid again, hell why not sign rooney for 60m and swap messi for thiago silva

First of all, I was trying to agree with your post about avoiding overpaying for David Luiz, but the other post appeared before mine. I was saying that we should look at other centerbacks before the transfer window closes.

And seriously, what does this rant of yours have anything to do with what I said?

B

beautifulgame

fed up really.

barca upstairs got too many questions to answer to.

Meitux

Mangala would be my first choice and has what we need for our defence right now.But Porto will ask for too many apparently..

JamDav1982

nkoulou,toby alderweid,papoudoupolos,zouma,doria e.t.c there are over 50 options.

Doesnt mean any of them would be good enough signings.

They are trying to get someone who is ready now to come in and make a difference.

None of those players are proven at any real level.

Duke

Mangala would be my first choice and has what we need for our defence right now.But Porto will ask for too many apparently..

well, we need to throw a number first, I'm sure Mangala would be tempted to move to Barcelona and put some pressure. the point is we never made any formal bid for any CB so far, it's like we are scared even to bid!

LM10

Doesnt mean any of them would be good enough signings.

They are trying to get someone who is ready now to come in and make a difference.

None of those players are proven at any real level.

just like vertoghen wasn't right? sometimes you have to take a gamble, especially if it's a cheap gamble and the player has a high ceiling like doria.

JamDav1982

just like vertoghen wasn't right? sometimes you have to take a gamble, especially if it's a cheap gamble and the player has a high ceiling like doria.

Vertonghen for me still isnt good enough and was not a great miss.

He struggles when isolated against direct quick opponents, is not the quickest and is another CB/DM that the team have already.

He is hugley more protected at Spurs than he would be at Barca.

Home of Barca Fans