Transfers and Rumours - old thread

Bertus

This. Rather not spend anything then spend it on Agger or Luiz. Save the money and try for Koscielny next season. But if we absolutely must sign one right now it should be Nkoulou.

Nkoulou is doing pretty horrible in all the friendly matches that Marseille played so far.

Stric

A 25M bid for a player of Luiz's profile is like saying "hello" to the club you're opening negotiations with. It's not a real offer and there's no way in hell anyone would ever accept that, so we might as well stop beating around the bush and start making real offers. La Liga starts in less than two weeks and the transfer market closes in a little over three weeks. Player transfers aren't one-day processes. These things take time, and we don't have time. Barca executives surely know an approximate asking price (if there is one at all) and they need to start taking things seriously.

Muttu

I'm not sure Koscielny is suited to us.

Hows that?

Good on the ball, quick, strong in the air. I would say he's pretty much a perfect fit for us. If he keeps playing like he has been the last 6 months, he would give our defence a major boost.

Last edited:

CatalinR10

Please get a CB faster.

tumblr_mh343aYTV31riac4fo1_500.gif

Duke

Chelsea have rejected Barcelona's 40M bid for centre back David Luiz and would only be willing to talk if there's a bid of 58M. [mirror]

lets move on, who is next?!

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Chelsea have rejected Barcelona's 40M bid for centre back David Luiz and would only be willing to talk if there's a bid of 58M. [mirror]

The source is the toilet paper mirror...

Zincubus

Banned
How reliable are MD ??

@barcastuff: Barcelona director Sanllehi returned from London on Wednesday. Chelsea centre back David Luiz (26) is determined to join Barcelona. [md]

Shegzy

we should have gotten marquinhos.we should just get a cheap youngster with potential now:doria,tiago cassasola,zoumae.t.c and hope they wil turn out like varane.how did bagnack perform today.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Fuck it, lets buy Galning. He'd be willing to skip training sessions to force a move. We can get him for a cheap price too. He once had Lukaku in his back pocket.

JamDav1982

we should have gotten marquinhos.we should just get a cheap youngster with potential now:doria,tiago cassasola,zoumae.t.c and hope they wil turn out like varane.how did bagnack perform today.

Marquinhos was too expensive and they never would have won a bidding war against PSG. The only hope was that he was determined to sign for Barcelona and refused PSG, which obviously did not happen.

It is not as simple as just signing a young CB and hoping they turn into the next Varane. For every Varane there will be young players that dont work out if not more of them fail.

If Luiz cant force his way out it would be better to get in a good defender at a decent price and look again next summer.

Zincubus

Banned
Here a piece of info for you guys.

According to skysports, Barcelona wants chelsea to lower the price asked for Luiz, so they are waiting for Luiz to clearly make understand his club direction that he wants to leave the london based club to Barcelona.

That ties in with the rumour that Luiz is determined to join us ..

Koscielny > Agger > Luiz....I rather not get a CB than pay 45mil for Luiz. Like I said before, I don't hate him, but 45mil is laughable.

Liverpool have just lost Skrtel to Napoli so there no way they will be selling Agger as well .

I see us paying €45 million for him ....

Home of Barca Fans