Transfers and Rumours - old thread

Banana-Rama

Of course they'll pay it. They (United) probably won't make it public but why on earth would Athletic do them a favour? They're ruthless when it comes to transfers.

your mental if you think we are paying over £50 million for herrera, united are owned by the glazers not sugar daddies who don't care about money, he is signing for £29 million, that is the fee that has been reported everywhere. how could united even keep it secret if they had to pay all that tax, its a huge amount of money and everyone would know about it, the people receiving the money would have no reason to keep it secret.

MessiNeymar

your mental if you think we are paying over £50 million for herrera, united are owned by the glazers not sugar daddies who don't care about money, he is signing for £29 million, that is the fee that has been reported everywhere. how could united even keep it secret if they had to pay all that tax, its a huge amount of money and everyone would know about it, the people receiving the money would have no reason to keep it secret.

if you are using there buyout there is always tax, it will go up to around 35~M

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona

The reports in Spain is that Herrera handed in the documents of his buyout clause of 36m euros and deposited the payment on Monday. So that means that Athletic WAS NOT willing to negotiate with you guys just like they do with EVERY single club in the world so you guys are gonna pay the taxes, you have to or else there will be no Ander Herrera to Manchester United.

S7_MUFC

The reports in Spain is that Herrera handed in the documents of his buyout clause of 36m euros and deposited the payment on Monday. So that means that Athletic WAS NOT willing to negotiate with you guys just like they do with EVERY single club in the world so you guys are gonna pay the taxes, you have to or else there will be no Ander Herrera to Manchester United.
I'm sure we are not paying the taxes because it makes no sense to pay over 50m for player like Herrara....He's a good midfielder but he's definitely not among the best in the world(still miles better than what we have) and he's supposed to be a safe signing just in case things don't work out with other transfers.......From what I can gather the taxes are paid because player himself has to pay the buyout clause so the buying club has to deposit the amount into the players' account so the player has to pay income tax on the amount deposited....what happened during Martinez transfer?? I'm surprised that there are no loopholes in this sort of thing because there must be some other way to make player pay his buyout clause without giving him the money....

Djab

I'm sure we are not paying the taxes because it makes no sense to pay over 50m for player like Herrara....He's a good midfielder but he's definitely not among the best in the world(still miles better than what we have) and he's supposed to be a safe signing just in case things don't work out with other transfers.......From what I can gather the taxes are paid because player himself has to pay the buyout clause so the buying club has to deposit the amount into the players' account so the player has to pay income tax on the amount deposited....what happened during Martinez transfer?? I'm surprised that there are no loopholes in this sort of thing because there must be some other way to make player pay his buyout clause without giving him the money....

You should pay the taxes.

S7_MUFC

You should pay the taxes.
How much? From what I can gather his buy out clause is €36 million so how much taxes should we pay?....I still find it hard to believe that we are willing to pay over €50 million for a player who is not among the best in the world.....Most British press are reporting that the transfer fee is 28.8 million pounds which is the buyout clause and there is no mention of taxes...

Djab

Transfers and Rumours

How much? From what I can gather his buy out clause is €36 million so how much taxes should we pay?....I still find it hard to believe that we are willing to pay over €50 million for a player who is not among the best in the world.....Most British press are reporting that the transfer fee is 28.8 million pounds which is the buyout clause and there is no mention of taxes...

There is a pic on my PC. Will find and post it in a few minutes.

Edit: didn't find it but I believe the Tax will be no more than €5M.

There is something here about Herrera an Utd as well.

http://www.businessofsoccer.com/2013/09/06/tax-impact-of-buy-out-clauses-transfer-fees-and-wages/

Last edited:

S7_MUFC

God it looks like we're going to waste our entire budget on Herrara and Shaw......He's definitely not worth €44 million that we have to pay when taxes are taken into account.....

Galning

What about my mental?
If you want him you'll have to pay it. That's the point. You're mental if you think Athletic will let him go for 29M :lol:

Home of Barca Fans