Transfers and Rumours - old thread

Bertus

Obviously I'm biased when the alternatives are the likes of Vermaelen or no more incoming CBs.
Thank you to be honest. And yeah i understand people, but try to be in my shoes, I know the club i support very well, as well as its needs and the rumors going around. I think people should at leats try to read and understand what i post a bit before claiming things.

Why wouldn't it make no difference? RM are supposedly going after Falcao as their next target who they will buy with the sales of Di Maria and Khedira. Obviously they would want a higher transfer fee now rather than later, especially since it seems like that Khedira can't agree personal terms with Arsenal.
We have mass of options other than Marquinhos but just like Marquinhos, Nasser made it official he refused them all. It's published in L'Equipe today he refuses to sell our stars and future stars.

Let's get us back and see:

- He refused 10M euros from Chelsea for Adrien Rabiot
- It's worse about Marquinhos because as reported by both spanish medias and french medias, he refuses to talk to you guys. I wonder if you imagine how it will be difficult to buy Marquinhos. Your only hope is that Marcos goes on riots but so far he did not do anything.
- He refused AC Milan interest in Lavezzi.
- He refused Chelsea interest in Lavezzi and Pastore
- He refused Atletico interest in Pastore
- He refused MU interest in Lucas right at the end of the season.
- Before RM switched to Kroos, Perez wanted Verratti, he refused it 3 times according to french media,s including a 40M euros offer.
- As for Cavani, many clubs are interested and so far he refused them all while Cavani's agents made it almost official they are pushing for it. They were spotted a week ago in england by both medias, french and english.
- And i forgot more, all were confirmed by french medias, either FranceFootball, L'Equipe or Le_Parisien who beside a few brainfarts are way more reliable than the like of SPORT and MD

About Cavani, I still think the rumour is bollocks. There's no need for him there, and English media have been quiet about him the last two weeks or so.

It's not bollocks. It's just that Nasser says No every single times.

Last edited:

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!
We have mass of options other than Marquinhos but just like Marquinhos, Nasser made it official he refused them all. It's published in L'Equipe today he refuses to sell our stars and future stars.

Let's get us back and see:

- He refused 10M euros from Chelsea for Adrien Rabiot
- It's worse about Marquinhos because as reported by both spanish medias and french medias, he refuses to talk to you guys. I wonder if you imagine how it will be difficult to buy Marquinhos. Your only hope is that Marcos goes on riots but so far he did not do anything.
- He refused AC Milan interest in Lavezzi.
- He refused Chelsea interest in Lavezzi and Pastore
- He refused Atletico interest in Pastore
- He refused MU interest in Lucas right at the end of the season.
- Before RM switched to Kroos, Perez wanted Verratti, he refused it 3 times according to french media,s including a 40M euros offer.
- As for Cavani, many clubs are interested and so far he refused them all while Cavani's agents made it almost official they are pushing for it. They were spotted in england by both medias, french and english.
- And i forgot more, all were confirmed by french medias, either FranceFootball, L'Equipe or Le_Parisien who beside a few brainfarts are way more reliable than the like of SPORT and MD

It's not bollocks. It's just that Nasser says No every single times.

If all that's true, then Nasser seems really greedy tbh, but I doubt it. For example, the interest in Verratti from RM hasn't resulted in a bid, according to Spanish media. Usually when a bid is made, both media of the countries that the clubs reside gets a hunch about it, but in this case, it's just French and Italian media, not the Spanish. I still believe that we can get Marquinhos despite what French media are saying, but as the time goes, a deal seems more and more unlikely, at least for this summer (next summer too, if the transfer ban isn't lifted). As you say, we 'just' need a riot from Marquinhos to make it happen, and that wouldn't be the first time (e.g. when we bought Abidal).

Regarding Cavani, it may have been when Moyes was the manager, but ever since van Gaal took over, it's been quiet. French media may just be recycling the same old story, as every other media once in a while.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
It's been quiet since Van Gaal took over because he publicly stated that he wanted to get to know the squad before making any more signings or allowing any more departures,

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!
It's been quiet since Van Gaal took over because he publicly stated that he wanted to get to know the squad before making any more signings or allowing any more departures,

But still he gave the nod for the deals of Shaw and Herrera.

I'm only saying it's been quiet about Cavani. Vermaelen, De Vrij, Blind, Depay, etc. have all been linked to them since he took charge, but not Cavani.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
But still he gave the nod for the deals of Shaw and Herrera.

I'm only saying it's been quiet about Cavani. Vermaelen, De Vrij, Blind, Depay, etc. have all been linked to them since he took charge, but not Cavani.

At that point he hadn't joined the squad yet. And he only gave the comment I mentioned a week or so ago. But yeah I haven't seen any Cavani rumors since LVG took charge.

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!
At that point he hadn't joined the squad yet. And he only gave the comment I mentioned a week or so ago. But yeah I haven't seen any Cavani rumors since LVG took charge.

No, he hadn't, but if he had to take a look at the squad first, surely he wouldn't have given the go ahead to Woodward to sign two players? He could've told him to wait. My guess is that his comment is partly true, and he already has an idea what he wants. Don't forget that Woodward gave an interview where he said that they were still in the market for players, and he told the interviewer to 'watch this space'. Something is definitely happening in the background, but I have serious doubts that they are lining up a transfer for Cavani.

Icarium

Lifestealer
True. True. I don't think they'd have room for Cavani anyhow. Unless they play 3-5-2 or 4-4-2.

I think they will play 3-4-3 formation. Lvg is going to try that formation in the international champions cup and see how it works. If it works he will be in the market for a striker. He will off load couple of 10's and Hernandez and try for a striker because rvp is injury prone and Rooney can be inconsistent. But keeping 3 top strikers happy in a team is very difficult so no body knows what will happen. Di Maria has no place in the current formation, that is why lvg will analyze the squad and look to strengthen the squad, as of now as lvg said the squad is imbalanced right now. He has 4 no. 10's and no proper mids except herrara (carrick and Fletcher meh..)

shogunruax

there's 0 chance of Cavani going to Utd for one hes only a year younger than Rooney and they are quite similar why would he get yet another player in a position LVG has said they already have too many he was a Moyes target not a LVG target

hardyboy

Kevin Palmer ‏@kpsundayworld 1m
ESPN reporting Mats Hummels will NOT join United. Doubtful if he was ever a realistic target for Man Utd this summer #MUFC

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
According to Jose Luis Sanchez: Khedira wants €9M per year from Arsenal, if the club refuses he will stay in Madrid and will leave for free next summer.

Home of Barca Fans