Transfers and Rumours - old thread

JamDav1982

They lost the CL money. So they had to reduce their wage bill. Still Soldado could've stayed had he agreed for a wage-cut. Not only did he leave, he did so on a bitter note. Lashing out against the board (don't remember the details atm) nor acknowledging their fans.

Getting £30m for Soldado at his age was a brilliant deal for Valencia.

It is not bad that he left but the way he did it was not great.

zanela

Getting £30m for Soldado at his age was a brilliant deal for Valencia.

It is not bad that he left but the way he did it was not great.

Yeh. It was a good deal for Valencia. But I remember the saga had left a lot of their fans hurt, as they expected more from a local lad and captain. They now laugh at his misadventures at Spurs. :D

BerkeleyBernie

Too bad they don't play like it. Having better players means fuck all if you play like garbage.

Exactly. Looked good on paper, but couldn't do crap with the ball. Soldado is a different kind of striker than Adebayor, much more about creative runs and link-up play. When I watched, looked like Soldado was providing more for his teammates than the other way around (other than kick and chase crap balls). Put him in front of proper midfielders who have vision and can control the ball (IOW, the opposite of Tottenham), and he'll score.

JamDav1982

Exactly. Looked good on paper, but couldn't do crap with the ball. Soldado is a different kind of striker than Adebayor, much more about creative runs and link-up play. When I watched, looked like Soldado was providing more for his teammates than the other way around (other than kick and chase crap balls). Put him in front of proper midfielders who have vision and can control the ball (IOW, the opposite of Tottenham), and he'll score.

Soldados link up play was terrible for Spurs last season it was something he was heavily criticised for from Spurs fans. Adebayor was much better than him at that.

Soldado had a strong midfield behind him last season - stronger than he had at Valencia for the last couple of seasons. Players like Eriksen who made as many chances as any other midfielder in the league was in that midfield and still Soldado failed miserably.

BerkeleyBernie

Soldados link up play was terrible for Spurs last season it was something he was heavily criticised for from Spurs fans. Adebayor was much better than him at that.

Soldado had a strong midfield behind him last season - stronger than he had at Valencia for the last couple of seasons. Players like Eriksen who made as many chances as any other midfielder in the league was in that midfield and still Soldado failed miserably.

Put him in front of *any* La Liga team, and he'll score more than he did at Tottenham. Sorry man, they just can't combine passes for jack.

JamDav1982

Put him in front of *any* La Liga team, and he'll score more than he did at Tottenham. Sorry man, they just can't combine passes for jack.

As I said Eriksen created as many chances as any player in the league and the player around Soldado at Spurs was better than he had at Valencia in last couple of seasons.

zanela

Bernie, you're overrating him. He's not really that good. He missed sitters even whilst at valencia, and he's done more so for spurs. He blows hot and cold.

You can't blame his teammates for his poor finishing. For example..

till 0:43

I'm sure there are many more.

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!
Falcao has told an ESPN journalist that his transfer to Real Madrid is done. [El Deportivo]

Here is the interview

Can anyone translate what's being said? It does sound like Falcao, but I'm not sure.

Home of Barca Fans