Transfers and Rumours - old thread

Elbflorenz

I dont get it why some oft you want Reina instead oft Valdes. I dont think he's hat he's any better.
Tod my mind we could go for a german GK so #1 Option would be Ter Stegen.
+ I mean this guy is only 21 and could be our Keeper for the next 15 years.
+ He doesnt play at a big Club now (Mönchengladbach will finish at #8 or so in the Bundesliga and its not his fault)
+ hes 1,89 m big
- hes got a contract til 2015 but hey if Barca is calling he could force his move

I could even see Bernd Leno in our goal (hes at the same age but maybe not the same level)

But hey i think no matter who we choose we have a 90% Chance that our next goalie will be better than Valdés

USWAY

barcastuff ‏@barcastuff 14m
Vilanova's first option T.Silva is too expensive. Hummels similar to Pique. Kompany not really available. Roma's Marquinhos an option. [md]

We should just splash on Silva, and bring Marquinhos in as an understudy. If your not wasting money on other non need positions, then you could afford it. But I'm sure we buy two midfielders this summer.

Irish_Cules

Even though Marquinhos is a great talent, I really don't think that bringing in an 18 year old is addressing the centre back situation correctly. We need an established world class centre half. This is not a position we can afford to mess around with this summer.

jklz

Would Tito even play Marquinhos? I mean, he's 18 and he has only played 28 professional matches. He didn't trust Bartra (until he didn't have a choice due to Adriano, Puyol, Mascherano and Abidal being injured) who was 22 and played 85 professional matches. With his 'addiction' to experienced players it seems highly unlikely.

Last edited:

Irish_Cules

Barcelona are making another attempt to sign PSG centre back Thiago Silva (28). Asking price is 45M. Pedro could be included. [cope]

Anybody know what cope is? Is it reliable?

KhaledBarca

Why would we buy Marquinhos when we already have an experienced player Bartra (S.Gomez, Muniesa).
We need a World Class experienced player (T.Silva, Hummels, Kompany) or maybe Vertonghen!

karthik

Any sane defender would think twice coming to Barcelona now

1. We will be going through a transitional period

2. Our defenders hardly get any physical help from the midfielders.

karthik

Barcelona are making another attempt to sign PSG centre back Thiago Silva (28). Asking price is 45M. Pedro could be included. [cope]

Anybody know what cope is? Is it reliable?

Cadena COPE. The radio station, that accused Barcelona of using drugs !

ShandyFFM

Biggest mistake not to sign verrthongen last year for around 10 to 15 mil... hes perfect best cb at the moment imo... although his passing and attackjng skills are impressive too... i remember ajax advising barca to buy him

Home of Barca Fans