Transfers and Rumours - old thread

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
WORD! Please send this to Bartomeu and the fickle fans we have.

Offense wins matchs, defence wins championships.

You mean to say Barca never won the 14 trophies under Pep with an all out attacking style. Wow didn't know we used to park the bus then

Trickykid

You mean to say Barca never won the 14 trophies under Pep with an all out attacking style. Wow didn't know we used to park the bus then

Don't be silly. Messi, Henry, Eto'o and so on had nothing to do with those titles, just as Oleguer won us the ChL final in 06 - everyone knows that.

Co0ter

It doesn't matter how good our offense is....we have a great one now, just like how we had a great one with Eto'o, Henry and Messi ( for ONE season, we had all new starters the next years and still dominated play, scored a ton of goals and won a CL ). What has changed however, is our defense is terrible and here is why:

1) Puyol was a leader and great defender
2) Abidal was a tall, quick and reliable fullback...he brought balance to our back four allowing Dan Alves to do his thing
3) Dani Alves was in his prime....Abidal was around to make up for his lack of defensive work and ability
4) Pique was young and full of ambition

Our midfield has weakened a bit and Xavi isn't nearly the player he used to be...but our midfield is leaps and bounds better than our defense- in both quality and organization

Darko

He is a fucktard regardless. Just look at his stupid, Gollum-esque face whenever united score a goal. He looks like he just jizzed his pants every time. If ever a man looks like he won a raffle to manager Man Utd, it is him.

Had to quote this again, it's gold :lol:

christfade

It's wrong, barça need a physically strong defense, I dunno y everyone thinks that it's hummels who does everything in dortmund defense, no if hummels is successful it's because of subotic, barça need one like subotic or papadopolous or abdenour

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

F

Flavia

There are some rumors in the brazilian press that Atletico de madrid wants leandro damiao... I hope he's not their replacement for diego costa.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
There are some rumors in the brazilian press that Atletico de madrid wants leandro damiao... I hope he's not their replacement for diego costa.

Would be a stupid decision. They've reportedly closed a deal for Angel Correa but he's only 19 so no reliability there yet. Others I've heard are Soldado, Torres, and Giroud.

For a team as high caliber as Atletico are right now there aren't many transfer rumors of who they are interested in (Mostly just about Costa to Chelsea and the bullshit names listed above to replace him). They're probably keeping their activity well concealed from the media, as I can't imagine that a team that are 1st in the league and the CL final with a high chance of winning both would be making such stupid transfer decisions and not going after more world class players.

JamDav1982

Would be a stupid decision. They've reportedly closed a deal for Angel Correa but he's only 19 so no reliability there yet. Others I've heard are Soldado, Torres, and Giroud.

For a team as high caliber as Atletico are right now there aren't many transfer rumors of who they are interested in (Mostly just about Costa to Chelsea and the bullshit names listed above to replace him). They're probably keeping their activity well concealed from the media, as I can't imagine that a team that are 1st in the league and the CL final with a high chance of winning both would be making such stupid transfer decisions and not going after more world class players.

In last few days have seen them linked with - Reina, Malanga, Soldado, Negredo, Firmino, Giroud, Sosa permanent (trying to get him for free as contract could get cancelled in Ukraine), Navas.

Some more but would need to check but they are getting linked to a lot of players.

flamenco

Of course they were, but please don't deny the importance of our offensive strenght under Rijkaard and Pep. If anything, our midfield has been the most important aspect of our recent succeses.

True. Under Pep we had a great defensive midfield

Home of Barca Fans