Transfers and Rumours - old thread

Fkleppe

Offtopic: My first post here on the forum. Yey!

Ontopic: I don't think Barca need Neymar at all, he has about the same style as Sanchez, and Barca need stronger player upfront. In matches like yesterday I don't think Neymar will be able to add much. In the defense Hummels, Thiago Silva or Kompany would be great. Barca also need to find another way to play matches like the one yesterday, we have seen it way to many times. Things needs to change. Maybe another way of playing, or change the roles and maybe edit abit on the formation. What do you guys think?

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome!

I think Neymar has qualities Sanchez lacks. Fundamental difference is, Neymar uses both feet comfortably.
But I agree with you on making our defense a priority.

JonM

If the management decides to keep Valdes until the end of his contract there is no point in buying a keeper until the end of next season.

Then the price will be even higher because we'll be even more desperate.

Victor should have kept his departure a secret.

KluivertsBoots

Sky Italia - Inter do not want to sell Samir Handanovic and the 30 million offer from Barcelona is not going to be enough.

That's the most ridiculous story I've seen. 30 million for a keeper is laughable- especially for one with NO high level experience to speak of club wise or internationally.

Last edited:

XaviMessiGirl

This whole Handanović rumor is completely silly. Inter doesn't even own 100% of his contract, just 50%.

yeh, would have to deal w/ Udinese as well... if any part of this rumor is true I wonder how much that has to do with it, since Inter would not see that entire 30m why agree to it? Unless it means Barca offer 30m to Inter & some additional fee to Udinese on top of it, which is even more ridiculous. Would not read too much into it.

Andrew M

He's been better this season then Buffon. :lol:

Yeah, but that Buffon transfer was in, like, 2001 when he was excellent and one of the best, if not the best, in the world.

How many of these guys were worth it?

1 Gianluigi Buffon Parma Juventus £33m €54.2m 2001
2 Manuel Neuer Schalke 04 Bayern Munich £19m €24m 2011
3 David De Gea Atlético Madrid Manchester United £18m €22m 2011
4 Hugo Lloris Lyon Tottenham £17m €20.83m 2012
5 Angelo Peruzzi Internazionale Lazio £15.7m €17.8m 2000
6 Fernando Muslera Lazio Galatasaray £9.93m €11.75m 2011
7 Samir Handanović Udinese Internazionale £9m €11.00m 2012
8 Craig Gordon Hearts Sunderland £9m €10.2m 2007
9 Thibaut Courtois Racing Genk Chelsea £7.8m €8.8m 2011
10 Fabien Barthez AS Monaco Manchester United £7.8m €8.8m 2000

Home of Barca Fans