Trincão

KingLeo10

So, another one you exclude as a flop? Just like that? A few minutes here and there and you know he won't be a good player.

All the more hilarious considering he was the one posting videos of Figo in comparison to Trincao the first couple of outings.

BBZ gonna BBZ.

BBZ8800

All the more hilarious considering he was the one posting videos of Figo in comparison to Trincao the first couple of outings.

BBZ gonna BBZ.

I was infected with too optimistic vibes that week.

I am back to normal now ;)

Now seriously, in the past I mentioned "deadly flaws" regarding some players.
Those are the things which are so bad or flawed about a certain player that it is almost impossible for him to reach heights.

Of course, never say never and it is impossible to say that a player will 100% flop, but we could say that it's very, very unlikely that a certain player will reach world class heights due to those deadly (unrepairable flaws).
For example:
1. Halilovic, low IQ. You can't fix it. No amount of other skills can compensate for his lack of an IQ.
2. Adama Traore, the same. Low IQ.
3. Dembele, the same, low IQ.
4. Arthur, born without instincts for a forward pass. No amount of shielding the ball and resisting press will turn him into a world class player. And again, forward passes can't be learned.
5. Semedo, similar. Braindead in the attacking phase.
6. For example, Riki Puig and his physique. It is hard to tell with 100% certainty that he will never be able to compensate it, but it is very likely.
7. About Trincao, modern European teams have turned into fast and furious type of teams. All players are quite athletic.
Especially two wingers.
About Trincao, he is the slowest winger out of all top 10-15 European teams.
In that sense, it is very unlikely that he will make unless if he will have Goat level of technique and dribbles. Yet for now, his level of dribbles are on the level of Deulofeu.
Far from Goat level needed to compensate his lack of pace.

I personally don't understand our board and their lack of an IQ.
Is it so hard to buy a player WITHOUT deadly flaws?

Also, I don't understand why are our fans always trying to succeed in some sort of Mission impossible?
For two years people didn't want to accept Arthur's horrible skills in the attacking third.
Guys replied that he doesn't need them and that he can succeed with other skills.

Dembele, for years people didn't want to accept his low IQ.

Lately, a lot of people think that Riki could overcome his horrible physique.

About Trincao, some have hopes that he could overcome his snail pace.
Should I even dare to mention for the 1000th time that numerous studies have shown that sportsmen have their physical peak in terms of pace in teen years and early 20s.
Studies have shown a huge drop in performances in late 20s and early 30s for players/positions who rely the most on their pace, like wingers and fullbacks.
So, imagine if Trincao even improves in the next 3-4 years.
What then?
According to science, his pace aged 27 or 29 will be lower than today.
Is that even possible?
In late 20s, he will be Busquets on the wing.

When you sum it all, the most likely scenario, even after 3 Months of seeing Trincao is = the most likely, he won't turn into a world class player.

It doesn't mean that he can't be a decent squad player, though.
But please guys, don't reply again: we don't need 11 superstars, we can survive with some "fillers".

Ok, but who is a complete player at all in our team?
Frenkie is semi braindead in everything regarding creation and attacking.
Busi is finished.
Pjanic is two steps away from a retirement.
Bob is jack of all trades, master of none.
Dest is questionable at defending.
Mats is questionable at goalkeeping.
Pique is done.
Lenglet is slow.
Alba is done.
Firpo is not a footballer.
Puig plays for a female college team.
Alena has one foot.
Trincao is the slowest winger ever.
Dumbele isn't too bright.
Griezz is slow, can't dribble and can't score.

If we had prime Pep's team, we could survive with a filler like Trincao.
But when our team is built from 10 other Trincaos, it is hard to have too high hopes for another Trincao.

I wanted to like him.
But he is painfully slow and his technique is average for now.

Regarding our board, why can't we buy a player who clicks at least 3-4 basic requirements?

Last edited:

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
I was infected with too optimistic vibes that week.

I am back to normal now ;)

Now seriously, in the past I mentioned "deadly flaws" regarding some players.
Those are the things which are so bad or flawed about a certain player that it is almost impossible for him to reach heights.

Of course, never say never and it is impossible to say that a player will 100% flop, but we could say that it's very, very unlikely that a certain player will reach world class heights due to those deadly (unrepairable flaws).
For example:
1. Halilovic, low IQ. You can't fix it. No amount of other skills can compensate for his lack of an IQ.
2. Adama Traore, the same. Low IQ.
3. Dembele, the same, low IQ.
4. Arthur, born without instincts for a forward pass. No amount of shielding the ball and resisting press will turn him into a world class player. And again, forward passes can't be learned.
5. Semedo, similar. Braindead in the attacking phase.
6. For example, Riki Puig and his physique. It is hard to tell with 100% certainty that he will never be able to compensate it, but it is very likely.
7. About Trincao, modern European teams have turned into fast and furious type of teams. All players are quite athletic.
Especially two wingers.
About Trincao, he is the slowest winger out of all top 10-15 European teams.
In that sense, it is very unlikely that he will make unless if he will have Goat level of technique and dribbles. Yet for now, his level of dribbles are on the level of Deulofeu.
Far from Goat level needed to compensate his lack of pace.

I personally don't understand our board and their lack of an IQ.
Is it so hard to buy a player WITHOUT deadly flaws?

Also, I don't understand why are our fans always trying to succeed in some sort of Mission impossible?
For two years people didn't want to accept Arthur's horrible skills in the attacking third.
Guys replied that he doesn't need them and that he can succeed with other skills.

Dembele, for years people didn't want to accept his low IQ.

Lately, a lot of people think that Riki could overcome his horrible physique.

About Trincao, some have hopes that he could overcome his snail pace.
Should I even dare to mention for the 1000th time that numerous studies have shown that sportsmen have their physical peak in terms of pace in teen years and early 20s.
Studies have shown a huge drop in performances in late 20s and early 30s for players/positions who rely the most on their pace, like wingers and fullbacks.
So, imagine if Trincao even improves in the next 3-4 years.
What then?
According to science, his pace aged 27 or 29 will be lower than today.
Is that even possible?
In late 20s, he will be Busquets on the wing.

When you sum it all, the most likely scenario, even after 3 Months of seeing Trincao is = the most likely, he won't turn into a world class player.

It doesn't mean that he can't be a decent squad player, though.
But please guys, don't reply again: we don't need 11 superstars, we can survive with some "fillers".

Ok, but who is a complete player at all in our team?
Frenkie is semi braindead in everything regarding creation and attacking.
Busi is finished.
Pjanic is two steps away from a retirement.
Bob is jack of all trades, master of none.
Dest is questionable at defending.
Mats is questionable at goalkeeping.
Pique is done.
Lenglet is slow.
Alba is done.
Firpo is not a footballer.
Puig plays for a female college team.
Alena has one foot.
Trincao is the slowest winger ever.
Dumbele isn't too bright.
Griezz is slow, can't dribble and can't score.

If we had prime Pep's team, we could survive with a filler like Trincao.
But when our team is built from 10 other Trincaos, it is hard to have too high hopes for another Trincao.

I wanted to like him.
But he is painfully slow and his technique is average for now.

Regarding our board, why can't we buy a player who clicks at least 3-4 basic requirements?

you would be first to shit on players like Gnabry, Sane or Coman if we had them when they were younger. You would be raving about their low IQ. All of them developed into great wingers, however.

BBZ8800

you would be first to shit on players like Gnabry, Sane or Coman if we had them when they were younger. You would be raving about their low IQ. All of them developed into great wingers, however.

I haven't followed them closely when they were young, so I can't comment on their IQ.

All I know is that none of our players who had IQ problems, hadn't developed too much in that area: Alexis, Adama, Halilovic, Dembele.

So, either other clubs are offering some classes for IQ improvement or their players weren't nearly as dumb as our guys.

Gaudi

I wrote months ago why didn't we go for Ferran Torres, admitted then and now I haven't really watched them but I saw speed in Ferran. My point is: what did the scouts saw in Trincao? I mean you go to the Braga game and he ticks all your boxes? How, for God sake?
He is not bad footballer but, in my opinion, mediocre at best, like squad player for Sevilla at best. Neither fast, neither strong, neither great dribbler, passer...?
I mean some players BBZ mentioned above, at least you can see some exciting thing, like speed, dribbling, something...yet they need much more to succeed at the top level, but what did our scouts saw in regular player like Trincao, i don't know.

mc_lovin

I definitely rate Trincao more than Ferran Torres despite his speed. Both are terrible fits for current Barcelona though.

serghei

BBZ is playing probabilities guys. It is true that players having serious issues usually fail to succeed at the very top. It's much much easier to bet on guys like Haaland, Mbappe, and such than to bet on guys like Trincao. Of course, doing that you miss all the players that didn't shock everyone with how good they were at 18-21. Like Arsenal or Chelsea rejects such as Gnabry or Salah. Players who improve gradually and become top class at 24-25.

Now, maybe this Trincao really is not very good. Or maybe he didn't get a real chance yet, only bits and pieces here and there. Point is we do this with each and every player. A big part of the issue is with the club no doubt.

BBZ is not connecting his arguments in different topics in one singular coherent opinion. He says that all the players have to pass to Messi and this is not good for the team in one thread, and in another, he completely neglects how that might affect a new young player's performances and puts every hesitant performance into quickly labeling players flops. And it's not only the Messi subject. More things in the team are really not suited with a template that is looking to get the best out of the young players. Not even highly coveted young players like De Jong play great here.

If you acknowledge that the club and the team are suffering in terms of plan, structure, vision, relation with the new players, and all of those critical things, then we need to stop blaming the players so quickly and give them some leeway in the form of time to prove themselves.

It's impossible that we sign only flops, this is starting to become statistical improbability. This club is great at making nearly every player worse than everywhere else they played before or after. Pedri might be the only exception, and even with him it's early.

Last edited:

Porque

Let's face it, everyone is gonna be on Trincao nuts when he has a couple of good games.

Look at the difference of posts on Pedri between now and a month back.

Messi983

BBZ, can you please give me a list of 3 or 5 players (their names) who fit your criteria (they don't have "deadly flaws") and who would also be:

1. realistically available for us so we can exclude players already in big teams who would be either very expensive or totally impossible to sign.
2. who are still relatively young (let's say 27 or younger)
3. who play at one of positions of our current biggest needs (CB, midfielder) but ok, if they play at another position I'll take it too because we could improve basically everywhere. I didn't mention a striker because I'm pretty sure which name will be in the first place in your list because he's basically the only young player you like eventhough he's also not flawless (that doesn't mean we shouldn't buy him if possible though). :)

It's very easy to point out players flaws but there are no perfect players in the world. And there is no perfect team build only by players with no deadly flaws as you've mentioned them. It's up to the coaches to set up a team/system to play to their players's strenghts and try to hide their weaknesses. I'd say players like Henderson or Millner would have even more flaws in your criteria than Trincao but they're still important players in Klopp's system because he looks to, wants to and in the end also knows how to get the best out of them instead of thinking how their flaws could hurt his team.

Gaudi

I agree completely with serghei and Messi983, system is very important. Guys like Milner or Handersong would look like amateurs here. I believe for years we need to adopt and rethink our system. We need to add movement, speed, directness.
But back to the topic, if I was scouting Trincao I simply don't know what would I put in my notes. I don't see the need in buying those type of players, for example we can see many flaws of Dembele but also talent is very visible. I mean we got rid of Adama, many flaws in him but still he could add speed, dribbling, a needed change if you're down and so on and got Trincao for what exactly? I would have Puig any day instead.

EDIT: I also asked BBZ the same question, for example I think Haaland would look bad here with former coaches, hopefully Koeman is changing that (speed of the game)

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans