Trincão

Andresito

Staff member
Yeah, Robben has scored more than 10 league goals only once (for PSV in 2002-03) before moving to Bayern aged 25. He has then scored double figure league goals in 6 of the next 8 seasons (he failed to do that in two seasons when he has only played 15 and 16 league games respectively due to injuries). He has never scored more than 17 league goals though.

I don't think Robben is a good comparision though. I see Trincao as a playmaking winger which could be useful once Messi will leave and he could also move more in the centre. He has good football IQ and vision (still needs to improve his passing though) but I think he'd be the best utilised with an attacking FB making overlaps and playing 1-2s with him (granted it was against Andorra but he's done that quite well with Semedo from all people) AND by having a great scorer in front of him who he could pass to.

Yeah style wise Robben and Trincao are like night and day.
The comparison with Robben is that Robben became effective point wise later during his career. Could also take Mahrez who has a lethal left foot as well.

Somehow, even if Trincao has been underwhelming, he's had shooting opportunities during the games.
So at least he has some sort of talent of getting into good positions, maybe not the way Messi and Robben were doing it, but rather in his own way.

Laplacian

Isn't he very much like a Mahrez type of winger? A bit slower but can still be good.

What I've noticed about Trincao is that he actually gets into shooting positions, both with Barca and Portugal, but his finishing is pretty poor.

Idk when Robben developed his lethal left foot but he didn't score double figures in the top 5 leagues until he was 25/26 in the 09/10 season, that was his 5th season in a top 5 league.

If Trincao somehow can improve his shooting he can become useful.

1. Mahrez's pace isn't impressive, but his first 3 steps and change of direction are really good.

2. Mahrez is a far better dribbler, and loves to take on players.

3. You can rely on Mahrez dropping deep to play a pass, spread the width and run behind defenders, or cut inside and score goals. He's way more complete than Trincao. Though it's unfair to say that, because Trincao is only 20.

Andresito

Staff member
Though it's unfair to say that, because Trincao is only 20.

Yeah Mahrez at 20 was at Le Havre. Didn't move to PL until he was 23, and didn't play for Algeria until then either.

I'm sure we'll at least recoup the money invested in Trincao.

vegitot

Yeah, Robben has scored more than 10 league goals only once (for PSV in 2002-03) before moving to Bayern aged 25. He has then scored double figure league goals in 6 of the next 8 seasons (he failed to do that in two seasons when he has only played 15 and 16 league games respectively due to injuries). He has never scored more than 17 league goals though.

I don't think Robben is a good comparision though. I see Trincao as a playmaking winger which could be useful once Messi will leave and he could also move more in the centre. He has good football IQ and vision (still needs to improve his passing though) but I think he'd be the best utilised with an attacking FB making overlaps and playing 1-2s with him (granted it was against Andorra but he's done that quite well with Semedo from all people) AND by having a great scorer in front of him who he could pass to.

I don't believe he'll ever be a 20-25 goals winger which are (close to) world class numbers but I think he could be around a 10 goals + 10 assists player which would also be very good. IF Dembele can somehow stay healthy I also think him, Trincao and Fati (I do see his future as a #9 in a few years when he develops a bit more physically but if we'll manage to get a good scorer - which would be my priority - he'll stay on the wings) could complement each other well with their different skill sets. Then it's up to whoever the coach will be to get the best out of them.

I think if we'll have patience with Trincao and give him regular minutes he'll prove his doubters wrong. We're in year 1 (of what will probably be at least a 3 year process) of a (partial for now since many veterans are still here) rebuild and we have many other needs we need to address first. So why not give young players that are here more than just a few games to see what they can do?

But no trophy then everyone can leave.

vegitot

He plays really well against Croatia. Complete all 5 dribbles.

He has technique but will take time to excel.

Laplacian

Stats aren't everything. He had two fabulous touches to get away from his man, but watching him driving the ball with speed is just sad. No offense but his dribbling will always be ineffective in la liga.

Andresito

Staff member
Looks to have had a good game on that potato field.

Also by watching Trincao's highlights you can see Cristiano diving a couple of times to get a penalty :lol:

Home of Barca Fans