UEFA Champions League 2014-15

StarLord

exactly. all in all: whining.

1. PSG are a far better team than Porto.

2. Man City are far better than 10-man Shakhar Donetsk.

3. Barcelona are locked in a tough domestic league battle, Bayern are strolling their league, to put it mildly.

4. Juventus are also without any serious domestic competition.

5. Monaco was the easiest team left in the CL this season by far.

All of the above statements can easily be demonstrated to be absolutely true, and this is the reason that Munich fans get all defensive about them.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Am I the only one who feels a bit of unease that we play away first? I think if we had played at home first and establish a comfortable cushion in both the result and goals, and then play them away, trying to score some away goals, it might be easier that way.

So PSG will be without Ibra and Veratti in the first leg? We lost to PSG in Paris when Ibra did not play in the group stage, didn't we?

Bucky

Penya Member
Bayern playing a final in Germany is a nice story, but I don't think there's any rigging going on.

Yeah, Germany win the WC then Bayern are in a comfortable position as the last time I checked Berlin was also in Germany? German team in the CL final that's hosted in Germany. Indeed a very nice story, Germany rule the footballing World :D

Last edited:

Yannik

1. PSG are a far better team than Porto.

2. Man City are far better than 10-man Shakhar Donetsk.

3. Barcelona are locked in a tough domestic league battle, Bayern are strolling their league, to put it mildly.

4. Juventus are also without any serious domestic competition.

5. Monaco was the easiest team left in the CL this season by far.

All of the above statements can easily be demonstrated to be absolutely true, and this is the reason that Munich fans get all defensive about them.

Bayern face City in the Group Stage 3 times in the last 4 years. Last year they overcame all 4 English Top-Teams in one season, before getting Madrid in the SF.
The year before they had Arsenal, Juventus, Barca and Dortmund. They face an equal amount of good and not so good teams, like every other top CL team does.
They finally manage to get 2 of the easier teams in the draw for one year and you talk about luck.

Last edited:

mazp

Am I the only one who feels a bit of unease that we play away first? I think if we had played at home first and establish a comfortable cushion in both the result and goals, and then play them away, trying to score some away goals, it might be easier that way.

So PSG will be without Ibra and Veratti in the first leg? We lost to PSG in Paris when Ibra did not play in the group stage, didn't we?

If you take the scorelines from the group stages, we go thru.. We're a different team now, our set piece defending have improved tremendously since then. Suarez didn't play in the first game, etc.

Jair Ventura

Yeah, Germany win the WC then Bayern are in a comfortable position as the last time I checked Berlin was also in Germany? German team in the CL final that's hosted in Germany. Germany win the WC. Indeed a very nice story, German rule the footballing World :D

To piggyback of this:

Odds of getting a PSG-Barca this year: 1 out of 7.

Odds of having PSG-Barca twice in 2 years (I'm ignoring last year for simplicity): 1 out of 49 possibilities.

Odds of having PSG-Barca twice in the quarter PLUS in the group stage? That's even lower, Incredibly unlikely. But as predictably as the sunrise we get a bunch of ties we've already seen so Bayern can pull Porto.

Edit: http://cdn.controlinveste.pt/storage/OJ/2015/big/ng4050183.jpg?type=big

Last edited:

Jair Ventura

PSG is done. No Ibra, no Veratti, no Aurier, 4 matches in 10 days, locked in a tight domestic race, etc.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

To piggyback of this:

Odds of having PSG-Barca twice in 2 years (I'm ignoring last year for simplicity): 1 out of 49 possibilities.

Odds of having PSG-Barca twice in the quarter PLUS in the group stage? That's even lower, Incredibly unlikely. But as predictably as the sunrise we get a bunch of ties we've already seen so Bayern can pull Porto.

Look at Bayern's group this year andlastyear. Obviously a conspiracy.

Yannik

To piggyback of this:

Edit: http://cdn.controlinveste.pt/storage/OJ/2015/big/ng4050183.jpg?type=big

there was a low chance Barca would face PSG again. But looking at it from a higher perspective, there is a very high chance that at least ONE of the many fixtures in CL would have been there 2 times already in the past years.
Its like a big tombola, someone will have a chance of 1/500 to win something, but from the perspectiuve of the guy who hosts the tombola, there is a chance of 100% that someone will win in the end.

Home of Barca Fans